Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2016 1:08:27 PM EDT
Let's say you had to run a collapsing stock with an AR SBR that had a rail mount 203. Which make/model would you go with? I'm considering the magpul ubr gen 2, when it comes out. Durable enough?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, def an awesome stock and heavy enough to balance out the 203's frontweight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The CAR stock and the M4 stock have been used with military M203s for a long time now.  Any quality stock/receiver extension should be fine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it doesn't have to be anything special. I have a LMT SOPMOD on mine. What DOES need to be special is your rail system. It has to be designed to handle M203 recoil and transfer stress correctly through the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let's say you had to run a collapsing stock with an AR SBR that had a rail mount 203. Which make/model would you go with? I'm considering the magpul ubr gen 2, when it comes out. Durable enough?
View Quote

Yeah, standard stock & extension are fine.

I too know what it is like to get that "New Something" and want to but the absolute BEST-EST parts on it !

No need to overthink it - really any stock you are comfortable with on an at least milspec extension should be fine.

Balance?  Ugh.  Good luck with that one!!  

Short of a Space Gun Stock with weights ADDED to it, I don't think it will balance very well~!

~Will
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:40:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I should be OK on the rail, it's a Mega Machine MTS (monolithic 7075 goodness). I've carried a 203 in the marines. They're definitely front heavy. I'm gonna try to help the balance (not fix, just help!) by using a short lw bbl (DD CHF 11.5") and a relatively heavy stock, which is one reason I was thinking or running the ubr 2.0....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top