Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2016 9:44:01 AM EDT
That has reasonable prices?  Granted, demand certainly isn't high, but it seems some of the prices are disproportionate to historical levels thst I can recall.  I'm wondering if I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Also, on a side note, has anyone had any experience with the infrared flares? How much illumination do you get with NV, and how much illumination do you see without NV?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got experience with the 40mm I/R flares:  an ATF agent came by my house and collected the two I bought.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I see them at gunshows from time to time.  Otherwise I don't know of any other sources except DIY.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the reason i never got into grenade launchers. They are a hassle to find anything to shoot other than chalk rounds. And even when you do find something the prices are insane, like $50 for a single flare round, uh no, ill pass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the reason i never got into grenade launchers. They are a hassle to find anything to shoot other than chalk rounds. And even when you do find something the prices are insane, like $50 for a single flare round, uh no, ill pass.
View Quote

I shoot all kinds of things out of mine, 22lr is always a kick.  Flairs, bean bags, smoke, 12ga, 410, I shoot chalk the least out of mine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're pretty economical when compared to machineguns.  Like above I also use 12ga rounds and 27mm flares are pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try 30k for a machinegun, lol.  This is chump change in comparison.  I just wanted an M203 for my m16, the ultimate variant, imho.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Try 30k for a machinegun, lol.  This is chump change in comparison.  I just wanted an M203 for my m16, the ultimate variant, imho.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes that is true haha.

But that $30k MG will be worth $33k next year, than $36k the next years, and so on... $50 flares go to $0 when you shoot them

Maybe someday ill pick up a M203 but I would have to find a place to shoot it first. I think its frowned upon at most indoor ranges  
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes that is true haha.

But that $30k MG will be worth $33k next year, than $36k the next years, and so on... $50 flares go to $0 when you shoot them

Maybe someday ill pick up a M203 but I would have to find a place to shoot it first. I think its frowned upon at most indoor ranges  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes that is true haha.

I've only been to one indoor range with it, and they let me shoot 12 gauge out of it provided I let them shoot it also.  But yes, chalk rounds indoor probably would be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Unless the 86 ban is repealed... Then your 30k machine gun is worth normal price again... Be such a sad thing... not. GROG
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unless the 86 ban is repealed... Then your 30k machine gun is worth normal price again... Be such a sad thing... not. GROG
View Quote

And pigs will fly, and everyone will join hands in peace.  I've been hearing that for 30 years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:43:41 AM EDT
[#12]
There was no Nolo 30 years ago!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top