Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2016 5:24:54 PM EDT
To all you boys who have the M203 that attaches to the bottom rail of your weapon.... How many inches of rail space would I need? Would 7 inches be enough to mount the rail mounted M203 version?

If not any suggestions? I have a 7 inch lower rail. Is there a rail extension that would work to mount on the 7 inch rail to add rail space? ? ?

Thanks, just doing some research before I take the time to get the stamp and go out and buy one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Would a bottom rail like this withstand the recoil of the M203, the rail is just screwed in...? Or scrap trying to put a M203 on a rifle like this using just the bottom rail?  I tried contacting the manufacturer of the rails but am not sure if they would even know... This is not my weapon but it is the same one I have.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that the rail mount M203s are very hard on rail systems.  They are known to break aluminum free-float tubes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not do it... GROG
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Would there be anyway I could mount it to this rifle?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Where there is enough $ and skill, there's always a way. Know a good machinist? You could probably come up with a custom mount that attached to both the side rails and the bottom rail. IIRC the receiver of the m17 is 7075. I'm not a materials expert or engineer, but it seems like a mount could be fashioned / attached to the receiver somehow.

All of that said, in its current condition / configuration, I definitely wouldn't fire a rail mount 203 attached to that lower rail.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I contacted an armorer about this and he said that he thinks he can make me a mount that could possibly work. Its going to cost but I think it would look pretty cool. Ill keep you guys updated on what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top