Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:07:19 AM EDT
I'm waiting on a 203. In the mean time I'm trying to learn a few things. Today's example: How far from the front sight should a rail-grabber type leaf site be mounted such that it's ranges work correctly? When I carried a 203 in the Marines we had bbl mount ones with the 203-style handguard etc so this wasn't a question. With rail mounted ones there are actually options...

The manual says: when mounted to the carbine, the recoil lug of the rail grabber will be located in slot "T24" on the M4 Adapter Rail. When mounted to the rifle, the recoil lug of the rail grabber will be located in slot "T38" on the M5 Adapter Rail.

Kind of useful...to bad I'm not running either of those weapons systems. What I could use, really, is the distance between the front sight and the leaf sight mounting slot.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
kinda surprised no one knows the answer to this. Hmmmm. Surely someone here has a leaf sight for their 203 and has mounted it on a non-mil type rail...or with a different front sight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Perfect!! Thank you sir! This gun will have a rail mounted front sight so I was sure how to translate what the manual was telling me. Your response couldn't have been more informative. Thanks much!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I just mounted my leaf as close to the front BUIS as possible while still allowing thd BUIS to flip up..it's dead nuts.
Just do yourself a favor and make sure the two bolt attaching the "rail grabber" to the base of the leaf Sight are tight..
Mine came loose right away.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll bust out the locktite...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top