BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope the BATFE has slowed their role after the last debacle with M855 - I could be wrong on the above assessment, but thats my take with talking to BATFE EEO's and other MIL EOD folks.

Just as an FYI for everyone: Explosive Ordnance Disposal, is a title in the USA awarded to MILITARY EOD only that have completed NAVSCOLEOD AND spent at least 18 months to get through the probationary time as an EOD Basic Badge.

Saying a police officer or BATFE is EOD is like saying a civilian or Police PARATROOPER or a Police JTAC.

Its just doesn't jive.

A BATFE EEO can be a FORMER EOD guy, but, not CURRENTLY EOD (Unless they are also in the Reserves/NG)

Most police bomb squad are 6 week wonders out of Redstone Alabama (100% pass rate - no-one fails out!).  Not the 1 year long NAVSCOLEOD graduates (80% attrition rate!!!)  who then go on for about 3-5 years more training before becoming an EOD TEAM LEADER.

Yeah, another gem clear as mud with caveats...

~Will
View Quote

True, although to be an "EOD tech" in the ATF I'd bet money you were mil EOD first, not like they will let anyone do it or don't have a stack of applications to the ceiling for that one.  

If the medical clowns ever get their shit straight and get me a MEPS appointment I'll be on my way to the said school and follow on pipeline you mentioned.  No idea what the hold up is.  I guess being blown up and getting a light TBI disqualifies you from getting a MEPS appointment.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Now the question is should I start to stock up on 40mm Chalk?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now the question is should I start to stock up on 40mm Chalk?
View Quote

You should've done that already.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

True, although to be an "EOD tech" in the ATF I'd bet money you were mil EOD first, not like they will let anyone do it or don't have a stack of applications to the ceiling for that one.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's more likely than them being a reservist EOD.   Yeah there are ALOT of MILITARY folks that want to go, but with an 80% attrition rate from the applicants to graduates, its a fair bit of weeding out.   There are VERY FEW slots for "Other than MIL".

The NAVY is awesome about keeping the scare badge collectors at bay.

If the medical clowns ever get their shit straight and get me a MEPS appointment I'll be on my way to the said school and follow on pipeline you mentioned.  No idea what the hold up is.  I guess being blown up and getting a light TBI disqualifies you from getting a MEPS appointment.  

Health is number one disqualifier and SECURITY is number two.

The rest are on the INDIVIDUAL & their choices they make.

As far as STOCKING UP on 40mm CHALK ROUNDS - Just like stocks: BUY LOW & SELL HIGH

Never too late, its expensive, and with the rumors its going to get more expensive.

I see The Firearms Blog is now covering the RUMORS that "BATFE is banning chalk rounds" due to other threads on ARF.  Yay.

Demand will then SKYROCKET, further driving up the price, and then it will drop down again... Or maybe not.

~Will

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if this was discussed but if they determine these are an explosive, you will need magazine approved by ATF and likely the State Fire Marshall. You will be required to keep storage records and inspection logs. You may also need a state blasters license and would need a CDL with hazard endorsement to transport.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I was scared I wouldn't be able to purchase any ammo in the future... I like my reloadable shells... them Grog showed up and I feel better. Does this explain why there are/were two or three M203s on the EE?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top