Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 7:18:50 PM EDT
I have run out of guns I really want to buy. Now that I have an SBR and suppressor underway, I've gotten over the initial fear of buying NFA items. I see LMT M203 receivers, which can be transferred as a standard firearm, sold by several vendors. I've been kicking around the idea of saving up for one of these receivers. What I have searched for and haven't found on the internet, is a supply of barrels. It is my understanding from the FAQ that I buy the receiver, register it, present the form 1 to a barrel vendor and then buy the barrel. Who sells barrels? Is there a steady supply?

I'm just kicking around the idea in my head, but a hideously expensive chalk chucker sounds like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
LMT will sell you a barrel once you have a tax stamp. Just have to call them and fax in your form 1/4.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my 9" LMT barrel straight from LMT. I sold my 12" barrel through gunbroker. I've seen them pop up in gunbroker and occasionally on the ARFCom EE.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my 9" direct from LMT also.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a 12" barrel here on the EE, along with a quadrant sight, rifle handguard, rail grabber leaf sight, and KAC QD mount, all for $250 shipped. But that was almost 5 years ago.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting. Thanks for the info, folks. I think I'll put an M203 receiver on my long term "list".
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 12" i'm trying to get rid of, had it on the EE for a few months with no takers.

Clyde Armory is were I got my first one, they messed up and sent me the Delta mount instead of a rail mount... fixed it without issue, my 2nd was a factory DD not Title 1, bought through KGI. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM, their form 3 to my dealer was kicked back and it sat that way for 6 months because they were poor with paperwork and communication. The Form 3 had to be resubmitted 6 months after no movement before I could even think about the Form 4, (Form 4 was sitting at my dealers without a signature date just waiting for the Form 3 to go through, I had assumed things were moving along for 6 months, good thing I checked It took me around 2 years of waiting from the time I paid for it to when I picked it up.

ETA- there is a rail mount title 1 receiver on the EE for $1700 (not mine)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top