Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2015 2:36:52 AM EDT
Ok here's an odd one.

I've got an extremely old Cobray 37mm launcher that's completely unmarked and made entirely out of steel. There are absolutely 0 markings to identify this as being a Cobray CM203 or any other brand of flare gun for that matter. The only reason I even suspect that it's an original Cobray is because of the box and manual that came with it. I really like this launcher as it sits much higher than the newer cobray launchers and just plain looks more the part of an M203.

I'd love to own an actual M203, I can justify spending the money, but I just don't see myself getting the particular LMT receiver I want (barrel mounted version).

I want to make it into a DD so I can buy and legally use the 12 GA adapter and buy the 37mm CS gas and rubber baton rounds off Gunbroker for it.

So how do I go about form 1ing something like this that isn't marked in any way shape or form?

Or Should I just sell it and my M16A1 clone to get a real M203?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't answer your questions, but cs gas is G2G in a flare launcher.  DD not required.

I'd probably just complete the form as an FMI and engrave it with whatever model name you like.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't answer your questions, but cs gas is G2G in a flare launcher.  DD not required.

I'd probably just complete the form as an FMI and engrave it with whatever model name you like.
View Quote

I guess that's the route I'm taking. FMI & attaching pictures. Worst they can say is No

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
FMI is the way to go.  Engrave it with your info and making location.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this maybe what you have?

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=370426
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If it is steel, and sits close to the barrel, it is an RPB launcher. No markings on those either. They are good launchers, I have one too. GROG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top