Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2015 3:48:50 PM EDT
Before I start I want to say I DO have a registered 37 mm spikes launcher so it is now a D.D.

I like everyone else like to play with my 37 mm launcher as much as I can. I came up with an idea that I can shoot it as much as I can  for as little as I can
I take a  3.5 Inch  Aluminum Hull then made a 1" thick disk out of hot melt glue and a cardboard tube. to shoot it I push it in the case ad deep as I can. I then put it in the launcher while pointed down. I then put the 209 primer in the case (it is very loose so it will fall out)  then close it all up. The back of the launcher holds the primer in place. I then shoot it like normal  not securing the primer in the case makes it easy to reprime .

Today I shot it at 10 yards at  a big box and it hit very hard and left a ring  in the cardboard. I was impressed with how hard it hit with just the primer
Then I shot for distance. The disk flew 33 yards.

the disk is very easy to recover and reuse. so far I shot it a total of 10 times with no issues. and when it gets messed up i can remake it fast and easy.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried that but when I get bored and I want to use my 37 mm DD I take some aluminum casings, prime them and shove a 38mm pingpong ball in the end.  PingPong balls come in two sizes, 38 mm and 40 mm.  The 38mm are a tight fit in the casing but go through the launcher tube smoothly.  I then launch them in my garage (it's a large 4 car garage) when the cars are not in it.  The pingpong ball bounces off the walls and it is like playing dodge ball against yourself.  Make sure you wear hearing pro as even just the primer is very loud (it is in the garage anyway).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top