Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2015 6:08:31 PM EDT
I know an integral on an SBR or SBS makes it a 2 stamp gun  but being that DD is a different animal would an integral suppressor barrel for say a street sweeper be a second stamp   I'm guessing so but when I called tech they didn't know and transferred me to a voice mail
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If the OAL of the bbl with the suppressor is 16"+  and it's permanently attached then it should be one stamp, for the can.

If it's less than 16" then it will be two. One for the can and one for the SBR.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the OAL of the bbl with the suppressor is 16"+  and it's permanently attached then it should be one stamp, for the can.

If it's less than 16" then it will be two. One for the can and one for the SBR.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrel length has nothing to do with it.  Bore size > .50 (not exempted) + silencer = 2 stamps.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi from a DD dealer.

DDs have no barrel length rules.  It comes down entirely to bore size.  If it's a bore over 0.5" and it's not a "sporting shotgun" or a muzzle loader, it's a DD.

(Think about it- do you pay two taxes for one M203 because it has a 9" or 12" barrel?)

Suppressors, unless permanently mounted to an air gun, are another NFA item.  It used to be that permanently mounted suppressors were exempt.  For example, a MP5SD with a welded-on can was a "one tax gun."  ATF doesn't allow this any more but grandfathered the existing ones.  Most are getting removed, as suppressor technology has changed and MG buyers aren't worried about saving $200 on a $25k+ firearm any more.  

So, DD + Suppressor, whether or not permanently affixed and barrel length being meaningless, is two $200 taxes.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL!

Sorry guys... I was reading DD as Daniel Defense not Destructive Devices.

My bad...

(This explains the "street sweeper" reference...)
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
2 Stamps

One stamp for destructive device

one stamp for suppressor

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top