Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 8:11:24 PM EDT
So I got AOW's, SBR and tons of suppressors but recently have got the m203 bug. I have a few dumb basic questions.

LMT seems to be the most popular launchers, Are these good buys?

What is a better choice, rail mounted or barrel mounted? Pros and Cons one more solid? Which rails are rated to mount m203? I really like the traditional look of barrel mounted m203s.

Appreciate any help.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My dealer had the LMT one in stock when I was looking for one. I could find COLT and KAC around the US, but I just went with what my dealer had. It seems like the LMT is more widely available than the Colt and KAC launchers.

I went rail mounted simply because I could use it across a couple different rifles, including my SBR, with ease. Barrel mount works, but you have to make sure that it will work with your setup first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You just have to figure out which you want, the rail or the 'standard' mount.  For me, I dig the military provenance of martial weapons... I like the 'standard' mount... it's military correct for my era.  If that doesn't lift your skirt at all, get the rail mount.  I don't think you can get any stronger than anchoring straight to the barrel nut.

I think they are a bit overpriced for what they are, but there is not too much competition so you have to pay if you want to play.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
What about the stand alone mounting for the barrel mount? I would like to be able to use it standalone if need be, any experience LMT stocks? Also I assume you can switch between 9 and 12 inch barrels with either model correct? Thanks for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top