Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2015 1:40:02 AM EDT

All,

I searched and didn't see really anything on ARF about this new launcher:
http://exotic-firearms.com/products/nemesis-37mm-launcher

According to this thread (from a dealer) on another site, the construction of the Nemesis is super beefy:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1186737-NEW-Nemesis-37mm-Launchers-in-Dlask-Arms-Corp

You can see the fatness of the barrel walls!

So, my thought is you could receive one of these in 37mm (no FFL unlike a Title 1 LMT M203 receiver), do a Form 1, have the barrel machined and presto - > M203 copy for $600 with stamp, just need machining work done. This appears to be a much more significantly heavy duty unit than a Spike's Havoc, which is NOT recommended to bore out to 40mm and Form 1 because of lighter construction.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The front of the barrel doesn't look that beefy.  I realize we are only talking about removing 3mm, and the thin part is forward of the chamber, but still.  Also, it would be a smooth barrel.  LMT 203's can be had for as little as $1500.  I can't imagine it would be cheap to mill out the barrel.  Unless you can do it yourself.  Then that's a different story.  Also, if you really want to form 1 a DD, just buy the LMT barrel separate from the receiver and form 1 it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:22:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The front of the barrel doesn't look that beefy.  I realize we are only talking about removing 3mm, and the thin part is forward of the chamber, but still.  Also, it would be a smooth barrel.  LMT 203's can be had for as little as $1500.  I can't imagine it would be cheap to mill out the barrel.  Unless you can do it yourself.  Then that's a different story.  Also, if you really want to form 1 a DD, just buy the LMT barrel separate from the receiver and form 1 it.
View Quote

The barrel/handguard/breech slides off the receiver body, a new barrel/handguard/breech with just about any spec you want can then be made for it to slide on.

Spending $400 instead of $1300 leaves you an extra $900, which is enough to pay for 4.5 more Form 1 stamps to make various things before 41P happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top