Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2015 12:46:01 AM EDT
I'm considering reactivating my demil RPG-7 on a Form 1.   Does anyone have experience with this that might be able to answer some questions about filling out the form 1?  I know I have seen some people post on here about filing paperwork to reactivate an RPG.  My question comes down to how to describe the RPG on all of the number 4 subsections.  I'm not 100% sure who made my RPG and where it was made so I don't know how to fill out subsection A.  If someone had a redacted copy of a form 1 that they had filled out for an RPG-7 that would be helpful.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I form 1'd my RPG2 (the project is moving forward, however slowly) :-)

For box 4a, I googled where the RPG2 was made, and put that.  For me, it was 'Federal State Unitary Enterprise Bazalt, Moscow, Russia'.  For caliber, I put 40mm, and in 4j (is this firearm being reactivated?), I checked yes.  I used the serial number that was already engraved on the launcher.

Everything else was pretty straightforward.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I form 1'd my RPG2 (the project is moving forward, however slowly) :-)

For box 4a, I googled where the RPG2 was made, and put that.  For me, it was 'Federal State Unitary Enterprise Bazalt, Moscow, Russia'.  For caliber, I put 40mm, and in 4j (is this firearm being reactivated?), I checked yes.  I used the serial number that was already engraved on the launcher.

Everything else was pretty straightforward.

View Quote

Does the serial number already engraved on your launcher to match the serial number on your other parts, including the handgrip frame?  All of my parts, including the handgrip frame, have a certain serial number engraved on them but the apparent serial number for the tube that I found underneath the rear heat shields is a different one.  Furthermore, if I use the serial number on the tube under the heat shields, won't I have to engrave it elsewhere on the tube so it will be readily visible or is that a requirement?  I don't know if it is the same for NFA but usually a serial number has to be visible and not hidden under grips
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You can use whatever number you'd like, but it can't have any Cyrillic characters in it...you are 'making' it, so you can pick which one will be the SN.  Think of it like an AK... I have a few with serial numbers on the trunnion, but the real serial number is on the sheet metal receiver.  

I did it just for convenience, but I think I'm going to make a new tube anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top