Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:41:33 PM EDT
A couple years ago I remember there were a bunch of Czech subcaliber units for RPG-7 that shot 7.62x39mm.  I'm now interested in purchasing one but I haven't seen them for sale lately. Does anyone know where they are still for sale or where one might be for sale?

Also, would it be possible to make modifications to a Demilled RPG-7 that would allow it to retain its demilitarized status while still allowing it to fire the subcal round?  Basically modifications that would still satisfy the ATF in making it inoperable for rockets but that would allow the subcaliber adaptor to function.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah; you mean one of these?

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the market for one as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
They pop up now and then for the same price as an AK or more.

If you just wanted a subcal setup for your RPG and didn't care about the originality, you could have a similar subcal "rocket" made for much less than you could buy the Czech one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to give you a hard time but whats the point in shooting a rifle round out of a RPG?

Also, couldnt you take dumby or demilitarized RPG projectiles and fill them will rocket propellent? they wouldn't explode but it theory would shoot. Its been awhile since i messed with model rocketry but i believe some people would actually mix up their own solid rocket charges to save money, would be cool to do the same for this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not trying to give you a hard time but whats the point in shooting a rifle round out of a RPG?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actual rockets are expensive or impossible to come by, and this gives a fairly realistic simulation. They're also very fun.

Also, couldnt you take dumby or demilitarized RPG projectiles and fill them will rocket propellent? they wouldn't explode but it theory would shoot. Its been awhile since i messed with model rocketry but i believe some people would actually mix up their own solid rocket charges to save money, would be cool to do the same for this.

Watch Red Dawn. They used rocketry motors for their simulators. The actors would cringe and look away because their faces kept getting burned.

Tagged for a source of trainers
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tagged for a source of trainers
View Quote

There are some at collectorssource, however -

They have to be imported by an importer FFL, and
They have to be shipped via air from wherever they came from.

This will add approximately $300 (or more!) to the total price per the phone contact at collectorssource. He said that for the trouble involved, it probably wasn't going to happen. Here the link anyways.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Just for curiousity's sake, the PUS-7 is the "FIREARM"?

Then the demil'd RPG-7 is an accessory?

Or is yours RE-mil'd ?

Just for curiosity's sake, I don't want a $1200+ single shot 7.62x39mm 'rifle'.

Seems like others do, and I don't think it would be that hard to make and sell...

~Will
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

~Will
View Quote

Correct. The trainer can be fired by itself and is considered a firearm.

Autoweapons quoted me $1,395 plus shipping for one, or three in a crate for $3,995 plush shipping. Link to item
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Autoweapons quoted me $1,395 plus shipping for one, or three in a crate for $3,995 plush shipping. Link to item
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Will

Dang! A year ago I saw an RPG-7/PUS-7 combo for sale in Indianapolis for $1500. Judging by that price, I should have jumped all over it!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Will

I saw them for $400 a pop just two or three years ago when I kicked this idea around myself.

A demil tube can fire a trainer rocket because the trainer is shorter than a live rocket. I wanted one to let people shoot tannerite with.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I saw them for $400 a pop just two or three years ago when I kicked this idea around myself.

A demil tube can fire a trainer rocket because the trainer is shorter than a live rocket. I wanted one to let people shoot tannerite with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Will

That would have to be a BIG tannerite target, or just incredibly lucky!

I thought the sights & the small arms thing was for 100 yards and in TANK sized target, as they weren't accurate at all.

BOCN has a bit more info on it.

~Will
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:42:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really.  Most demil'd RPG7s have a rod welded through the firing pin hole.  You need a firing pin to shoot it.  Some of the subcal rifles have a removable fake 'launch motor', and some don't.  If you have one with a removable launch motor, and if your launcher is pinned behind the firing pin, then yes, you can use the subcal adapter.  Not many RPGs are demil'd like that.

Also, the rifling on the adapters (at least the ones that I have seen) is super deep.  The purpose of this is to vent propellent gas from a standard round past the bullet, so the bullet has lower velocity and ballisticly matches the trajectory of an RPG projectile.  With the reduced velocity, I would not be confident that it would initiate the tannerite.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not really.  Most demil'd RPG7s have a rod welded through the firing pin hole.  You need a firing pin to shoot it.  Some of the subcal rifles have a removable fake 'launch motor', and some don't.  If you have one with a removable launch motor, and if your launcher is pinned behind the firing pin, then yes, you can use the subcal adapter.  Not many RPGs are demil'd like that.

Also, the rifling on the adapters (at least the ones that I have seen) is super deep.  The purpose of this is to vent propellent gas from a standard round past the bullet, so the bullet has lower velocity and ballisticly matches the trajectory of an RPG projectile.  With the reduced velocity, I would not be confident that it would initiate the tannerite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gave up on the project a few years ago. Juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to give everyone an update on this. I was able to buy one from Marshall Morgan. He might have two more left unless he has sold them to others in the last week. If someone was interested, they should contact him
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#17]
What was the price and how do I contact him?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What was the price and how do I contact him?
View Quote

Marshall owns/runs www.ordnance.com.  I could try to dig up his email but what I usually do is just message him through GunBroker. His business sells under the name "ordnancecom".  You'll have to ask him what he's currently charging but I paid somewhere around $850.  It's definitely a lot higher than they were a couple years ago when Numrich imported them but the only other current available option is that guy on autoweapons classifieds that wants $1400.  I think the autoweapons guy is the same guy that has that NFA destructive device RPG-7 listed for sale for some obscene amount of money that has been for sale for years
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
error
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#20]
the Russian ones are cooler than the Czech....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top