Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2014 10:52:52 PM EDT
I think that I know the answers to these questions already but I would like confirmation.

1: Is there any 37MM on the market that mounts to a rail that will work well as a DD? I ask because I recall reading several threads in which the locking mechanism on HAVOCs were breaking down on registered DD's that were using 12GA adapters.

2:  Aside from 12GA adapters are there any fun rounds available for a DD 37MM? I've always been intrigued by Beehive rounds.

3:  Is it best to just pony up and get an LMT M203 instead of a 37MM?

P.S. I'm thinking of a 37MM since it's a form 1 and much faster, cheaper and easier. I have found Title 1 M203 receivers but they are damn expensive compared to the Havoc, add to that the cost of the barrel and stamp and you could easily get a pair of HAVOCs with stamps and adapters .
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You should research the stresses placed on the launcher from 12g, versus normal 37mm/40mm chalk/smoke rounds, and even consider shooting 20 gauge only instead. Also how much does it cost to replace the locking mechanism?

There are all kinds of aftermarket fun rounds in 20 gauge, dragons breath, flechette, ball and chain pretty much anything you can load in them. A question I have brought up by your post, is 40mm chalk marking rounds if they were molded DIY to fit 37mm reload able shells they should be legal because they are marking rounds not anti-personnel. I think you will find that 12 gauge has the most kick out of all things you could possibly fire from the launchers, though I could be mistaken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top