Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 11:26:36 PM EDT

Just a Heads up to anyone who was planning on building up a M203 or has one and want to run it solo off their host weapon.

My friend was talking with LMT on some parts availability for a deployment into the Sh@t, and he found out that LMT has the standard M203 stand a lone kits available and in stock.  They are for the non-rail M203 systems.

Here is a LMT stock photo:

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/Miltech1/standard_standalone_frame_zps251cfedf.jpg

They may have some for the Rail M203 also, but I am not sure about that.

My friend said that LMT Sales Rep named Travis was extremely helpful and can hook you up, so if you call or email, direct your inquiries to Travis and tell him my Buddy Jon sent you

I was also told that if you need other than Black color, they willl be doing runs of the stand a lone kits in  Flat Dark Earth, and I think they/LMT got the contract to provide launchers and accessories to a Nato country.

Here is a stock pic from a Small Arms Defense Journal article on the M203 system.  Looks nice in FDE and the stock assembly can be removed if you want to run as a pistol grip alone/ or vice versa.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/Miltech1/lmtm203-2003standalone_zps0c3edbd7.jpg

Travis recommended adding the LMT quick detach/adjustable front M203 mount so you can rapidly swap out from the stand a lone to the weapon mount without dealing with safety wire.  

Pay it forward and good hunting!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang it I just ordered a barrel from them, I have the pistol rail but didn't realize there was a stock out there for it, going to have to call back and ask about that thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They should have a stock add on part of your pistol grip rail is for the M203 and not rail  mounted M203.  Either way, both pistol grip stand a lones are being made so the stock can mount on them and can be removed.

Call Travis at LMT, he is on top of everything, and if not - he can make it happen.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Any idea on prices?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to me like the stock is the same for either type of m203, it bolt son the last 2-3 slots of the pistol adapter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
despite looking similar LMT said that the pistol stocks are and pistol adapters are a newer version thatn many of the pistol adapters and doubt that the stock will fit the one I have.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks to me that the screw shown on the stock adapter goes into a threaded section of the adapter.  Probably cost 75 for the local Smith to drill and tap.  I like the portability of the pistol mount and use a sling on mine to get a good brace, but still pull one from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
stock adapter mounts to the pistol grip stand a lone with a non-threaded post at the back and the clamp on the 1913 rail at the top.

Preexisting rail M203  pistol grip mounts will not have the hole in the back to mount the stock adapter.

There are two kinds of stand alone kits for the LMT M203s, obviously the rail mount and standard M203 mount.

All of the new ones have the hole for the stock adapter, and I have already seen and fired one made for a US Military unit that allows the stock to fold to the side.  Some mods were made to allow it to fold to the right side of the receiver, which also allows it to be holstered in a NSN accepted kydex holster.

If  you have a M203 rail stand  alone pistol grip, best option is to sell it and upgradem since I do not see LMT selling the stock extension as a separate item anytime soon.

You can google the costs as LMT has updated their website.  

Best sights I have found are either the LMT quandrant sight, which mounts onto the side of the receiver - OR if you want a red dot style sight - look at the Meprolight M203 sight.  It mounts to the top of the rail and it is very fast.  Price is quite high, but a friend bought one still new in the box on Ebay for half of suggested retail.

If you do not want something that big, you can ask Spuhr if they will import one of their M203 sight adapters and use a top rail adapter.  It is nice and fast and what the Danes are using.  You can mount a laser, Aimpoint or whatever and range all the lo vel 40mm.

Any other questions, you can google and find it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top