Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2014 9:03:10 PM EDT
Trying out my 203 the other day, shooting at concrete at a angle we pegged a water tank with a ricochet. Note the BANG at the end.

Whats the "safe" distance for shooting so the zinc pusher wont come back. The range I usually use has a very rocky bank at 100 yards. Should I avoid trying to paint the rocks?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think that'd be OK. Zinc is soft.

If still concerned, wear armor + helmet? That's a more authentic experience anyway.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Good post. On my range, there is mostly fields, but a few nice sized trees along my fence line. I have seen a few rounds ricochet quite far from POI. They can go out at any angle too, even 180. 100 yards sounds like a good distance, at least you should see them coming back at you from that far... There is some thrust to push a half pound 400 meters, so be aware of it. GROG
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Publis range.... worries me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]

I've shot many M203 practice rounds. I have never seen one bounce back.

The slugs are heavy and soft. It's like hitting the dirt with a dead-blow hammer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top