Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2014 8:19:29 PM EDT
Hello , I met someone today that had a few parts kits and odd ball stuff all of which i have seen at gun shows etc but he had one item that really caught my eye, He had a miz of dummy grenades which always draw my attention but among those he had one empty hull that had no hole in it. It is totally hollow and you can see what looks like tiny round dots along the inside walls. He said its a demilled / dearmed m67 vietnam erra grenade. He did not have a spoon or fuse body for it either. I am wondering if you can legally own an empty m67 hull? If so what are they worth , He offered it to me for $25. If it is legal to own can i legaly put it back together with a fuze body and spoon?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not illegal.... in fact you can buy em off the internet for about $20.
I have a few on my book shelf in my "war room"..... gave some to the local Army surplus store as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats cool , Thanks for the information. I am always looking at the dummy grenades with holes in them but this is the first actual grenade hull i have seen with no hole but the one for the fuz in it. If he is there tommorow i may try to get it as long as he will come done a little
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If u could get ahold of some HE and submitted a form 1 u could build a live grenade :-)
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If u could get ahold of some HE and submitted a form 1 u could build a live grenade :-)
View Quote

Absolutely.  Though the problem you then run into is approved magazine storage for the resultant explosive DD, and not being licensed to transport it anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am pretty sure its the other way around.

[Edited out my ad hominum ass-hattery]

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Absolutely.  Though the problem you then run into is approved magazine storage for the resultant explosive DD, and not being licensed to transport it anywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what keeps me from filing for a stamp on one. I just want one, for a kickass 4th of July.
But it's too much regulatory bullshit to deal with. I had a buddy that worked for a pyro company, back then I could have stored it in their magazine & thrown it in their emergency water reserve lake. (a 4th with them would have been fucking awesome, if they weren't always working on the 4th) But he's not there anymore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh.  Frag Grenades are NOT that cool for pyro factor.

Flash Bangs or a nine-banger are pretty cool though.

Frag, nope.  Just isn't that much fun going on.  Not much of a flash, there is a bang, but, you don't wanna watch it cause that means there is frag coming your way.

Cheers bro.

Will
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#8]
From what I gather they are highly collectable. I, as you say, it has the frag matrix on the inside... I have seen them sell easily for $150 or more.

If it has the printed markings on the body, i.e. lot number and nomenclature and is in "mint condition" I have seen them for much more.

ETA: yes, as far as I can gather they are legal to own... after all it's just metal with no explosive charge (COMP B in this case).

So, good find for $25. If you don't want it... I'll make an offer on it and help you with your investment
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh.  Frag Grenades are NOT that cool for pyro factor.

Flash Bangs or a nine-banger are pretty cool though.

Frag, nope.  Just isn't that much fun going on.  Not much of a flash, there is a bang, but, you don't wanna watch it cause that means there is frag coming your way.

Cheers bro.

Will
View Quote

This. Most of the people enamored with frags have never carried, thrown, or dealt with them at all. A well made salute is probably more fun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:10:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone here recently built a hand grenade - he didn't put the details on here but I gather he's using a binary filler, so he has to mix his explosive before using it - thus no magazine storage requirements.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone here recently built a hand grenade - he didn't put the details on here but I gather he's using a binary filler, so he has to mix his explosive before using it - thus no magazine storage requirements.
View Quote

I was following that one for awhile the way i understand it the mods wouldnt let him get to detailed for fear of encourageing someone to actually do it themselves  but he did use some kind of filler that did not require the explosives license or magazine to store
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]
It's posted on another board in detail, just not here.
All completely legit and kosher with batfe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:25:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not illegal.... in fact you can buy em off the internet for about $20.

I have a few on my book shelf in my "war room"..... gave some to the local Army surplus store as well.

View Quote
Wish I could find where real frag bodies are selling for $20, my curio cabinet would be much better with a couple of them to go with my Mk 2s.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  It was me.  Got a form 1 frag grenade that uses binary filler and a prefragmented body of my own design.  I need to finish the documentation of the build, but I'm pretty much the only kid on my block with a frag grenade.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep.  It was me.  Got a form 1 frag grenade that uses binary filler and a prefragmented body of my own design.  I need to finish the documentation of the build, but I'm pretty much the only kid on my block with a frag grenade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would love to have one but my wife would S**T a brick if she knew there was a live hand grenade in the house.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would love to have one but my wife would S**T a brick if she knew there was a live hand grenade in the house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not "Live" until you mix up the binary filler.  The only thing that is 'live' is the fuze assembly.  But, I keep mine in a GSA security container in a locked room just to keep my twin toddlers out of it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#17]
my assumption is that he used a homemade blasting cap, probably a .308 casing packed with under .25 oz of primary explosive like black powder. and then surrounded it with binary, like the exploding targets, which are reactive to pressure, which were surrounded by bbs or something of the such.  not saying that's what he did, but it sounds logical. totally illegal to do, unless you have a form 1. so don't do it!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I actually use a factory M228 training fuze assembly.  They are out there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
my assumption is that he used a homemade blasting cap, probably a .308 casing packed with under .25 oz of primary explosive like black powder. and then surrounded it with binary, like the exploding targets, which are reactive to pressure, which were surrounded by bbs or something of the such.  not saying that's what he did, but it sounds logical. totally illegal to do, unless you have a form 1. so don't do it!
View Quote

Did you miss the post where Wingnut said he got a Form1?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#20]
yeah, I saw it. it was my advice for the op. I followed that thread for an unbearably long time. I just know he couldn't post specifics to his build.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

yeah, I saw it. it was my advice for the op. I followed that thread for an unbearably long time. I just know he couldn't post specifics to his build.
View Quote
Which I think is a really lame decision, considering this is the DD sub-forum, but that's just my opinion.

Major props to Wingnut's interesting and pioneering endeavor.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#22]
i agree fully...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top