Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2014 9:51:11 PM EDT
Can they be sold and/or shipped?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
M83 smoke grenades and booby trap simulators. Can they shipped?

Can they be sold and/or shipped?
View Quote

Shipping:

The M83 has a hazard classificiation of 1.4G (DODIC G982, page 54 of the YELOW BOOK)

All of the L500 (DODIC) series SIMULATORS are 1.3G (page 74 YELLOW BOOK)

So YES, they are SHIPPABLE provided they are shipped as HAZ MAT (about a $25-$30 fee per package) and properly labelled & placarded.

Legality for sale?

They may be US Military Property.  

Unless it is bought from a Gov't supplier from a contract over-run (which usually has the lot number obliterated) then its probably stolen US Military Property.

Best of luck!

~Will
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Im gonna add that even though it might technically be "stolen" the investigators are mostly interested in serial numbered parts and large quanties of accountable items like grenades/flares just think of all the m18 smoke grenades floating around bet most of those are "stolen"
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Given the latest batch of ATF forfitures, if I had any, I would "get rid of" any of these I had around... fast... very fast....
http://www.forfeiture.gov/pdf/ATF/OfficialNotification.pdf
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Given the latest batch of ATF forfitures, if I had any, I would "get rid of" any of these I had around... fast... very fast....
http://www.forfeiture.gov/pdf/ATF/OfficialNotification.pdf
View Quote

Is there something in that document that worries you?

That appeared to me to be a quarterly disposition notice.  The BATFE (ATF) ends up with ALOT of crap that has to be gotten rid of somehow.  I don't know about buying firearms, but, I know really NOBODY is interested in the ammo, as it is some SERIOUSLY questionable stuff and has to be destroyed.

I cannot tell you how many "TRAINING" iterations I have done with ATF bubbas and they load a shothole with ammo.  LOTS of ammo.

I think many would also be surprised at the mount of ammo that is sitting in evidence lockers in PD's.

~Will
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Will, an aquaintance of mine had a phone call, then a visit from ATF, who came to his house and took a batch of M228 he had purchased off an internet seller. The seller is under investigation for selling them, and the aquaintance turned them over rather than get into a fight over them. He was told that he was "not supposed to have them..."

The document I referred to has a couple other batches of M228 that are going to be destroyed. So, ATF is no longer playing games when it comes to M201 and M228 fuzes anyway. That's why the comment.

My site goes down for maintanance periodically, so no, the sky is not falling... GROG
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I can see that.  I imagine that it was STILL military property.

Not a lot of contract over-run ordnance.

Glad to hear you are doing fine!

~Will
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will, an aquaintance of mine had a phone call, then a visit from ATF, who came to his house and took a batch of M228 he had purchased off an internet seller. The seller is under investigation for selling them, and the aquaintance turned them over rather than get into a fight over them. He was told that he was "not supposed to have them..."

The document I referred to has a couple other batches of M228 that are going to be destroyed. So, ATF is no longer playing games when it comes to M201 and M228 fuzes anyway. That's why the comment.

My site goes down for maintanance periodically, so no, the sky is not falling... GROG
View Quote

Spent M201s and M228s are still okay though, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top