Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 11:07:31 PM EDT
Hello, I just picked up my first DD. Got an LMT M203 standard mount with 9" barrel 40mm launcher. So far I've ordered some parts to finish my project. I'm waiting on getting a KAC front end mount so I can mount this baby on my Colt M4 SOCOM upper. I also ordered some of the practice chalk rounds for it. And I ordered a 12 gauge shotgun adapter for it. I was thinking about trying to find a Beehive adapter to shoot a bunch of .22lr since that looks like fun, but I'm not sure where to get one of those at. I see one at AutoWeapons.com for $700 though, but that's really expensive I don't know if it's worth that much to me. What else do you guys think I need for this new toy?

And of course here's a pic of my new M203

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
How much does one of those set you back?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]
It cost me about $1600 for this launcher. Of course add in sales tax and shipping and FFL transfer fee and ATF $200 tax stamp, and it's more like $2K at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Will anyone sell HE if you are willing to pay the $200 tax stamp as well for those?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I doubt it, but I'd like to try!!! I'd be willing to get the proper storage for the explosive rounds and pay the $200 tax stamp per round. Of course I'd probably only be able to buy one or two, ha. I heard Long Mountain Outfitters might be willing to sell people HE rounds, so I sent them an e-mail asking about it, but haven't heard back from them yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to eastern Europe to one of those living history things if to want to shoot HE.  If you shoot one and it doesn't go boom, which is common enough to need to plan for, what are you going to do?  Read the stories about the afghan kids who have been crippled scavenging those from practice ranges over there.  Don't want that on your back 40 or local range.   You will make the 6 o'clock news.

Chalk and smoke is lots of fun.  I got a 26.5 mm adapter for mine and truly love firing 10 to 20 of the blue smoke down range on new years day.  Started a small grass fire this year though with those.  I like the 12 gauge adapter I got from destiny.   The pattern with a 3.5" #4 buck is devastating.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
POST...MORE...PICS!! What does the box look like, what comes with it? Cleaning kit? Mounting kit? Come on!!

William
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will anyone sell HE if you are willing to pay the $200 tax stamp as well for those?
View Quote
Yes, it's hard but doable. Friend of mine is waiting on stamps for his barrel and several HE 40mm's

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Love it.

Want it.

I have the opposite problem - all the mounting hardware and accessories - just no launcher.  

One day...

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Same here, I've even got a damn near complete part kit!! Just can't decide on doing it DD or Title 1 and doing a F1 down the road. Also this past weekend a friend brought over a well used airsoft 203, thing weighed about 20lbs

William

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go to eastern Europe to one of those living history things if to want to shoot HE.  If you shoot one and it doesn't go boom, which is common enough to need to plan for, what are you going to do?  Read the stories about the afghan kids who have been crippled scavenging those from practice ranges over there.  Don't want that on your back 40 or local range.   You will make the 6 o'clock news.

Chalk and smoke is lots of fun.  I got a 26.5 mm adapter for mine and truly love firing 10 to 20 of the blue smoke down range on new years day.  Started a small grass fire this year though with those.  I like the 12 gauge adapter I got from destiny.   The pattern with a 3.5" #4 buck is devastating.
View Quote

We've had a few of them here in the states too  IIRC there was one at Ft Drum a while back local kid had been scrounging UXO 40mm's from the impact area of one of the ranges, he dropped one at his feet, and it detonated, and when the EOD guys went to his house they found a whole sandbag full of them in the garage I think..
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a good point about the un-exploded ordnance. I would probably have to whip up a small explosive to place on the un-exploded 40mm round to take care of it. Of course I think it's going to be hard to get my hands on any real HE rounds. So for the most part I'll just be using chalk practice rounds. If I do get one I'll probably just save it for the zombies!!! haha
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
UN AMMO still has chalk rounds in bulk, you may possibly find someone selling on Grog's, there was a group buy for under $4 a round a few months ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
UN AMMO still has chalk rounds in bulk, you may possibly find someone selling on Grog's, there was a group buy for under $4 a round a few months ago.
View Quote

Also here Link
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool thanks for the tips on where to buy the practice rounds.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#15]
congrats!  Reminds me of my grunt days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm making progress!! I re-finished my M4 in green and black and installed the M203
I'm waiting on my KAC RAS handguard and some 40mm ammo!!!

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok I got my new handguard in today and finished the project

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok I got my new handguard in today and finished the project

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/gundisaster/M4M203_zps248f0a22.jpg
View Quote

That looks sick!
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Dunno how I feel about the color scheme - but either way - super jealous - something similar has been a quiet dream of mine for a couple years now.

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I got a day off and went to the ranch with some friends and tested out the new launcher and some other toys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgAC1YQE8qw
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
NICE!!! I can't wait til mine is in my hands.

William
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got a day off and went to the ranch with some friends and tested out the new launcher and some other toys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgAC1YQE8qw
View Quote

That's you man? Quick question, I was always wondering if all the guns in your channel were yours?
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Not all of them are mine, some of them are my dad's or my friends that I shoot with. But I do have a good gun collection myself of course ;)
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys I went out to the ranch and shot some more rounds out of the 203, thought I would share

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 3:48:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Use tannerite!  If they dont ban that too.

Quoted:
That's a good point about the un-exploded ordnance. I would probably have to whip up a small explosive to place on the un-exploded 40mm round to take care of it. Of course I think it's going to be hard to get my hands on any real HE rounds. So for the most part I'll just be using chalk practice rounds. If I do get one I'll probably just save it for the zombies!!! haha
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Love it.

Want it.

I have the opposite problem - all the mounting hardware and accessories - just no launcher.  

One day...

~Augee
View Quote

Any leads on new title 1 receivers?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#28]
what is the spacer between the leaf sight ?

Quoted:
Hey guys I went out to the ranch and shot some more rounds out of the 203, thought I would share

Short vid for those with little free time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Yj9NNSGH0&feature=share&list=UUFu65vXZ593lj7EpTjDRjnA&index=1

Longer vid for those with more free time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWCdpd03X_U&feature=share&list=UUFu65vXZ593lj7EpTjDRjnA

Enjoy!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/gundisaster/020_zps9b6db572.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#29]
what kind of cleaning kits you guys use ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Short vid for those with little free time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Yj9NNSGH0&feature=share&list=UUFu65vXZ593lj7EpTjDRjnA&index=1

Longer vid for those with more free time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWCdpd03X_U&feature=share&list=UUFu65vXZ593lj7EpTjDRjnA

Enjoy!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/gundisaster/020_zps9b6db572.jpg

The spacer is so it can mount on the rail, it's a retro fit. The Marines typically use the Knight's version that was made specifically for RAS use, the Army mostly uses existing leaf sights that are taken from the M203 handguard and assembled onto a rail mount, hence the added height.

I prefer the Otis cleaning kit, I use a mix of the M4 deluxe and 203 kit in a custom unit, works great.

William
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#31]
does mounting the M203 change the accuracy and impact ? i seem to get a 12'' difference , windage is good.
am i mounting it wrong?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I would love to add one to my arsenal, but feeding it would be as bad... Well, a lot worse, than owning a belftfed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#33]
One day I will own one of these.

I have no use for it but it would cool as hell to show off.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember reading an article with pictures about a guy who loaded 40mm M203 rounds with tannerite or similar substance...
Judging by looks of his hand, I'm pretty sure he became an amputee.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not only is this not safe. If you use more then 1/4 oz you would be making an unredhestered d.d. and that is illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top