Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2014 9:58:17 PM EDT
Well, after a long wait, I finally am having my ATG restored.

This is what I started with.....

Coming Home.......

What I got.....

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. What are your ideas for the all importaint breech ring and breech block? Fab one up?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. What are your ideas for the all importaint breech ring and breech block? Fab one up?
View Quote

I do not plan on having it live. But I am checking with a guy to about a aluminum one made that will shoot a 8 gauge black powder blank.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
That's quite a deer rifle.  If you use a solid projectile, is it a DD in & of itself?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's quite a deer rifle.  If you use a solid projectile, is it a DD in & of itself?
View Quote

Yes, once the ring, and breach go on, it is a DD.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, of course the 57mm rifle is a DD, is the ammo itself a DD if the projectile is solid?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry, of course the 57mm rifle is a DD, is the ammo itself a DD if the projectile is solid?
View Quote

If you reload shot brass with a solid projectile, it is not DD on each round.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!  

I realize you post of there, but here is another artillery re-build thread to inspire (this guy is actually in Canada and its allowed there too - who knew?):

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=189187

Everyone: as long as the projectile is solid and the actual gun is a registered D.D., there shouldn't be any restrictions.  

There are plenty of YouTube videos - on in particular from VICE on "The Big Sandy" shoot, plus past episodes of SonsOfGuns showing D.D.'s being rebuilt, sold, and fired with solid projos.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you gonna take it to Red Jacket to have them build it?  

j/k! It will be great to see it together.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks in surprisingly good shape.

Where on earth did you find it?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you gonna take it to Red Jacket to have them build it?  

j/k! It will be great to see it together.
View Quote

No, the last one they "rebuilt" belonged to Robert in Nashville, and was already restored, and live when they got it.......

Reality TV is not real.

I know you were j/k!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It come off a old firing range. I was told. It has a couple bullet holes in the cut off trails that I'm going to leave.

Barrel is bad, and recoil mech is bad, so it will never be live fire, but will make a good static display, or blank fire.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It come off a old firing range. I was told. It has a couple bullet holes in the cut off trails that I'm going to leave.

Barrel is bad, and recoil mech is bad, so it will never be live fire, but will make a good static display, or blank fire.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You could always sleeve it down to 30mm GAU to get a reasonable bang from it, as well as a nice downrange thud

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You could always sleeve it down to 30mm GAU to get a reasonable bang from it, as well as a nice downrange thud

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I know......

I'll make a 22 kit for it........
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
True, I know......

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, I know......

Have one milled to look like a live shell, go to shoots and watch everyone prep for the big bang, then watch the confusion

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have one milled to look like a live shell, go to shoots and watch everyone prep for the big bang, then watch the confusion

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I know......

Have Red Jacket (Son of a Gun) say they made a suppressor for it is why it is so quite......
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#17]
He's a couple photos of the restoration on the cannon. Sure looks a WHOLE lot better......

Trails work

barrel going in.......

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
That is looking amazing
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Latest photos.......

AND what I just got to pull it......

A 1943 Dodge WC63.....

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#20]
ugh so jealous, that would be a fun toy!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm drooling...

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I need to go mix up my haterade.  I am jealous.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I know......

I think I'm gonna have to do that with my 20x102 :)

I love the AT gun look. It's what I want my 20mm to look like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Good work on the cannon.

The truck and the cannon together ought to be pretty spectacular.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Well my last piece arrived at the restorers today.

They say it should be ready next week.

Plan on picking it up on a week from this Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, final word is I can pick it up on Saturday. I'll get photos of it there, and when I load it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top