Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2014 2:42:50 PM EDT
Could someone please tell me what the factory packing is suppose to be for an LMT M203.  I recently purchased one and I don't think I have the correct factory box.

Pictures would help.

Thanks

Cole
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine just came in a small cardboard box. Factory new when purchased.

I hope this helps.
Shea
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
LMT is not big on packaging for any of their products.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine just came in a small cardboard box. Factory new when purchased.

I hope this helps.
Shea
View Quote

Was the box serial numbered to the launcher?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe it was just in sharpie, no official / real sticker or anything.

I'll have to check to be 100% positive but I'm almost sure.

Thanks and hope this helps-
Shea
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My new one gets here in a couple days, I will let you know about the packaging when it arrives. GROG
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Last one that I got was a white cardboard box with the serial number in sharpie and a manual inside
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Last one that I got was a white cardboard box with the serial number in sharpie and a manual inside
View Quote

How long ago was this?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine came in yesterday. White cardboard box with bubble wrap, and yellow card with checklist and date of manufacture. NO MOUNTING HARDWARE... Jeese. GROG
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a launcher but we got in a MK46 and there wasn't a heat shield on the forend.
This was last year.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine came in yesterday. White cardboard box with bubble wrap, and yellow card with checklist and date of manufacture. NO MOUNTING HARDWARE... Jeese. GROG
View Quote

Is the box serial numbered to the launcher?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
No. No serial on the box, only on the launcher and the paper tag hooked onto the trigger guard. I really like the fit and finish of this launcher. The Shivak I have, the roll pins are funky, and move in and out slightly. The LMT is tight. You can see by the rail that it is brandy new. No slide marks at all, and a bit of lube on the back end. Not a scratch on it anywhere. I bought this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=404613804 to go with it when it arrives. I'll take some pics. GROG
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No. No serial on the box, only on the launcher and the paper tag hooked onto the trigger guard. I really like the fit and finish of this launcher. The Shivak I have, the roll pins are funky, and move in and out slightly. The LMT is tight. You can see by the rail that it is brandy new. No slide marks at all, and a bit of lube on the back end. Not a scratch on it anywhere. I bought this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=404613804 to go with it when it arrives. I'll take some pics. GROG
View Quote

Could you please take a picture of the box and the hang tag if it wouldn't be too much trouble?  Does the box have any type of U-Line part number or brand of box?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How long ago was this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long ago was this?

Late 2012
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#14]
How did you guys make the decision on mounting method (rail mount or standard)?  Flip a coin?

Same question related to barrel length as well carbine vs rifle length?

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I received mine in 2011, packaged just like Grog's. I decided I wanted the std/GI mount, because I wanted it to be QD with the KAC front bracket. This is the same reason I have not yet switched to a RIS II, although the FF is supposed to yield better accuracy. I wanted both barrel lengths, but I bought the launcher with a 9" barrel, as I figured a 12" would be easier to find a deal on. This was correct. Sometimes I do the old school M16A2 plastic h/g setup, just for fun.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I opted for the rail mount since it allowed me to move the launcher between rifles if needed. I feel like the standard barrel mount just limits everything too much
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I went with a barrel mount as Destiny, Grog and others recommended.  I guess there can be issues with some rail systems breaking if not specifically designed for the M203 and I didn't want to have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I went with a barrel mount as Destiny, Grog and others recommended.  I guess there can be issues with some rail systems breaking if not specifically designed for the M203 and I didn't want to have to worry about it.
View Quote

There was a post on Grog's forum a while back addressing that very situation. The guy was shooting it and it sheared right off the rails and the launcher dropped onto the ground. I don't remember the make of the rails but he did show some pictures showing the broken rail and the pieces that were still clamped onto the M203.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top