Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2014 1:27:09 AM EDT

Does anyone have the specs of the barrel and chamber for the M18 recoilless rifle by chance?  Barrel wall thickness at each end, type of steel, chamber wall thickness?  Does anyone have blueprints by chance?  I tried to IM prebans to see if he had or could take the measurements from his, or if he had blueprints by chance, but his inbox is full.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the specs of the barrel and chamber for the M18 recoilless rifle by chance?  Barrel wall thickness at each end, type of steel, chamber wall thickness?  Does anyone have blueprints by chance?  I tried to IM prebans to see if he had or could take the measurements from his, or if he had blueprints by chance, but his inbox is full.

View Quote

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.

I'm manufacturing a M18 receiver now - it's currently on the big lathe here.  Reactivating a M18 (that I got from Destiny) and building another one as I go.  Thankfully I found a mint, spare barrel, but I could use some other small parts or I'll be stuck making them from scratch too.

Been a LOT of research, found some mil design documents and performed plenty of metalurgical analysis on the originals. I have had to reverse engineer dimensions for the breech area.

What dimensions are you looking for ? And what are you trying to accomplish ?  

I've been meaning to get some pics/blog stuff up on the project but it hasn't happened. Yet, maybe this post will give the the opportunity to :-)
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm manufacturing a M18 receiver now - it's currently on the big lathe here. Reactivating a M18 (that I got from Destiny) and building another one as I go. Thankfully I found a mint, spare barrel, but I could use some other small parts or I'll be stuck making them from scratch too.

Been a LOT of research, found some mil design documents and performed plenty of metalurgical analysis on the originals. I have had to reverse engineer dimensions for the breech area.

I've been meaning to get some pics/blog stuff up on the project but it hasn't happened. Yet, maybe this post will give the the opportunity to :-)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anyone have the specs of the barrel and chamber for the M18 recoilless rifle by chance? Barrel wall thickness at each end, type of steel, chamber wall thickness? Does anyone have blueprints by chance? I tried to IM prebans to see if he had or could take the measurements from his, or if he had blueprints by chance, but his inbox is full.

I'm manufacturing a M18 receiver now - it's currently on the big lathe here. Reactivating a M18 (that I got from Destiny) and building another one as I go. Thankfully I found a mint, spare barrel, but I could use some other small parts or I'll be stuck making them from scratch too.

IM inbound.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top