Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 9:42:24 AM EDT
I see that LMT has 203's back in stock, will they sell them as Title 1 receivers to the general public?  Any other place beside Clyde Armory that I should try?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I've ever seen an LMT sold as just the receiver. I've seen like mr40mm's ones but they are a lot more expensive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Clyde's is the civvie outlet for LMT. They will do a title 1 transfer on just a receiver if you ask them. GROG
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
double tap again,,,
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I did my first one title 1 through clyde's.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did my first one title 1 through clyde's.
View Quote

How much did it run you?  They qouted me "about $1000" but the guy admitted he didn't know much about the 203.  Where did you find a barrel?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You can find new and used on gunbroker for 150-300 depending on condition. Good luck, GROG
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I called clyde's last week. The guy that answered said that they only have the DD and haven't had title 1's for awhile. He was not sure if/when they would get more. I've been looking for a title 1 for a bit now. The search continues.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see why those couldn't be sold as Title I without barrels.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 3:24:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Clydes always has some Colts in stock too but I dont know if they are bare receivers. They run about 50% more and I'm not sure if it's worth it over the LMT.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I called clyde's last week. The guy that answered said that they only have the DD and haven't had title 1's for awhile. He was not sure if/when they would get more. I've been looking for a title 1 for a bit now. The search continues.
View Quote

I spoke with LMT in December about a title 1 receiver, and was told Clyde's has an exclusive contract for them.  I called Clyde's and after a phone call back from a different employee than the one I talked to the first time they told me ordering one wouldn't be a problem.

Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Clydes always has some Colts in stock too but I dont know if they are bare receivers. They run about 50% more and I'm not sure if it's worth it over the LMT.
View Quote

I don't own an M203 yet...but from the ones I have used in the Army and Marine Corps, I can pretty confidently say that I wouldn't pay 50 dollars more for a Colt M203 over an LMT.  I guess if I was enamored with having it say "Colt" on the side, but functionally?  No way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Saw this thread and it got me curious! I understand that you can get a 203 on  a title one transfer but then what can you do with it once you get it? Do people just put a 37mm barrel on it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#14]
37mm barrels are a little hard to find right now, but that's one way.  The other way is to have no barrel, do your form 1, and put a 40mm barrel on it when you're stamp comes back.

You probably know this, but the reason to do the transfer in a title 1 configuration is because Destructive Device FFLs are kinda scarce.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
37mm barrels are a little hard to find right now, but that's one way.  The other way is to have no barrel, do your form 1, and put a 40mm barrel on it when you're stamp comes back.

You probably know this, but the reason to do the transfer in a title 1 configuration is because Destructive Device FFLs are kinda scarce.
View Quote

So if you do a Form 1 on it do you list it as a DD? With it being on a form 1 that would mean it would have to be engraved right? Where would you engrave it?
I apologize for the questions I'm good on SBRs, Cans, and everything else but have never thought about a 203 until I came across this thread.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, same as F1 on SBR, Cans, etc.

William
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yup, same as F1 on SBR, Cans, etc.

William
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You can find new and used on gunbroker for 150-300 depending on condition. Good luck, GROG
View Quote

Wrong, maybe Cobray 37mm flare launchers but not M203 receivers.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he meant for the barrel
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before you call me wrong, read the post above mine... Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

mea culpa
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 3:06:49 AM EDT
[#22]
So if you do a Form 1 on it do you list it as a DD?  Yup.

With it being on a form 1 that would mean it would have to be engraved right?  Yup.

Where would you engrave it? 'Barrel, frame or reciever' is what the CFR says.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just ordered an LMT M203 complete receiver (Title 1) from Clydes yesterday.  Maybe you missed them by a day or two?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just ordered an LMT M203 complete receiver (Title 1) from Clydes yesterday.  Maybe you missed them by a day or two?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just ordered an LMT M203 complete receiver (Title 1) from Clydes yesterday. Maybe you missed them by a day or two?

$1299 plus shipping for the standard mount.  They said the rail mounted ones are $1699.  I really wanted a rail mounted one...but not for $400 extra.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

$1299 plus shipping for the standard mount.  They said the rail mounted ones are $1699.  I really wanted a rail mounted one...but not for $400 extra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just ordered an LMT M203 complete receiver (Title 1) from Clydes yesterday. Maybe you missed them by a day or two?

Thanks, I think this would be something neat to have I just have never check into until now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
If you are LEO, they do give discounts, just an FYI, GROG
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If you are LEO, they do give discounts, just an FYI, GROG
View Quote

Apparently not if you're military though. At least they told me on that particular item there was no discounts.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please post pics when it arrives!! Please!!

William
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes please post some pics. I'm interested as well.

Where can I get smoke rounds  for civilians after I installed a 37mm. barrel?
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

William
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

William

I ended up calling them back and adding the extra few hundred for the rail mounted. I wanted to be able to put it on my Mk18 clone, so rail mounted really was a must.

Form 1 will go in the mail next week, so hopefully by the time I get back from my upcoming deployment I will have the stamp back.

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Isn't that a sexy bitch.

I think what I like most about the rail mounted '203 is the pistol frame they sell... I would have me a pistol frame, and a holster.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Isn't that a sexy bitch.

I think what I like most about the rail mounted '203 is the pistol frame they sell... I would have me a pistol frame, and a holster.
View Quote

I'm actually torn between mounting it on my Mk18 clone and putting it on my AK.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#34]
It will be a graceful fit on a MK18...  I think it would take some fabricating to go on an AK...and some magic to make it not look like an afterthought... but, you have options, and that's a good thing.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't that a sexy bitch.

How long does it take for the form 1? If you put a 37mm barrel do you still need to register it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How long does it take for the form 1? If you put a 37mm barrel do you still need to register it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't that a sexy bitch.

Year or more sent via mail.  3-4 months done as a trust/corporation with eFile.  No, it will remain a title I firearm with a 37mm barrel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Year or more sent via mail.  3-4 months done as a trust/corporation with eFile.  No, it will remain a title I firearm with a 37mm barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't that a sexy bitch.

Thanks. I think keeping it with a 37mm barrel is the way to go for me now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I've heard about 37mm barrels for a title 1 reciever for years... yet I have never seen one or heard of anyone who has one. Where would you plan on getting it from?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I see that LMT has 203's back in stock, will they sell them as Title 1 receivers to the general public?  Any other place beside Clyde Armory that I should try?
View Quote

Yes, I transferred one to a customer recently.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've heard about 37mm barrels for a title 1 reciever for years... yet I have never seen one or heard of anyone who has one. Where would you plan on getting it from?
View Quote

Same here and I have no idea...I know Randy Shaivek (sp?) used to sleeve 40mm barrels with a slick (non rifled) 37mm tube but I don't think he does it anymore, not real sure.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know of a shop/person who would machine a Spikes 37mm to 40mm with rifling?

MAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top