Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought that the reason that the original thread was nuked was because of the technical aspects being discussed before Wingnut116ACW had his approved Form 1? Or does site staff not want any of this here?
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged for pics
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#3]
All I want to know is are you sending in your form 1 for the land mine yet???

Congrats op, I was very intrigued with your original thread
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Intriguing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I want to know is are you sending in your form 1 for the land mine yet???

Congrats op, I was very intrigued with your original thread
View Quote

I need to get the cash together to put in the Form 1s for my M14 and POM-Z2 landmine projects that will follow this grenade project.  If the current timeline stands, if I put them in today I would be able to start making landmines around Jan of 2015.  But my biggest hurdle is convincing the wife that I need to spend $400-$600 on largely useless explosive devices.  When I overcome that big hump, I'll put in some more Form 1s.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I completely understand. All I can say is you lucky bastard, I'm still waiting on my first form 4 for a .22 can. I have a pending date of April 11 so I should be getting close at least.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I completely understand. All I can say is you lucky bastard, I'm still waiting on my first form 4 for a .22 can. I have a pending date of April 11 so I should be getting close at least.
View Quote

It wasn't luck.  Just like my 60mm mortar project, I just saw something I wanted to do and said "Fuck it!  I NEED to be the first kid on my block with an artillery piece/hand grenade/landmine.  

And above all, I want to be able to show people the fallacy of gun control laws.  I want to be able to demonstrate not only that nearly anyone can legally own a hand grenade/land mine/artillery piece AND that any and all of those are very simple in design and are very easy to fabricate with a modicum of knowledge coupled with rudimentary materials and desire.

As for my next projects, I'm leaning to the M14 and POM-Z2, but I'll take requests especially if someone ponies up for the stamp.  All my builds will be documented and designs open-sourced upon completion.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
So - you've made a serialized hand grenade.  Suppose the serial number survives the explosion.  Can you "repair" your hand grenade w/ the same serial number?

(bb waits for the inevitable Glock joke)
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome job wingnut. I knew they would approve it. Where is the build thread, Grogs?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Awesome job wingnut. I knew they would approve it. Where is the build thread, Grogs?
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
HOOORAY!  My form 1 will be on the way shortly. Thanks for paving the way Wingnut.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
tag!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2013 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Put the serial on the spoon
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#16]
its a set up  you better get your   magizine built  an get the state local permit for and explosive  an the fel to go along with it     or  after you make it    they will show up an charge you  for  not having all this   its more to it than getting the form 1  for a dd atf is real sneaky  also your form 1 looks like you lied on it  business    if you are not  in business   should have been an individual       so watch out  they will be looking for you as a way to make an exsample  of
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
its a set up  you better get your   magizine built  an get the state local permit for and explosive  an the fel to go along with it     or  after you make it    they will show up an charge you  for  not having all this   its more to it than getting the form 1  for a dd atf is real sneaky  also your form 1 looks like you lied on it  business    if you are not  in business   should have been an individual       so watch out  they will be looking for you as a way to make an exsample  of
View Quote

Technically speaking (since this is a technical forum), you do not know what you are talking about.  

OP is 20 steps ahead of you; knows all the legal implications, and a trust is not an individual.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

He got the tax stamp for an NFA trust. He did not lie in the slightest; the ATF would not have approved his form if he lied on it.
Wingnut knows what he is doing. I've seen his equipment.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Responding only to the title of this thread and without reading either the OP or any replies, I just want to say that I fully support this endeavor and wish you success.  I expect to inadvertently accomplish this feat at some point in my life as well.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

been a while but the pull rings on military grenades are a regulated item. I wanted to keep mine after the practice grenade toss in basic but Drill sgt said they had to be turned in to prove that the grenades were used.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Er, b/c your Drill Sgt said you couldn't keep the pull ring, that's evidence that they're regulated?
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, do you even NFA bro?

I appreciate the concern, but I have done my homework and am 100% compliant with all federal, state, and local statues that are known to me.  If you'd like to see more details of how I've addressed all of your concerns, please check out the build thread at grog's place.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I can has PM to build thread?
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#24]
IM link to other forum, please.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#25]
 Ah.... found the Guilty Party causing the stir on the Grogsters....

Party On.

Destiny
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#26]
link please.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

link please.

View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2013 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

been a while but the pull rings on military grenades are a regulated item. I wanted to keep mine after the practice grenade toss in basic but Drill sgt said they had to be turned in to prove that the grenades were used.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know if that's necessarily true, I have the ring from the first frag I ever threw. I'm using it as a keyring on my keys. But then again, it is entirely possible that I was just belligerent and took it without asking.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't know if that's necessarily true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know if that's necessarily true

It's not.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Some DIs were required to "turn in the pins" on grenades at the frag range. This does not mean that those pins turned in didn't come from something completely different. The ring is no way to identify a type of grenade. Only that it came with a pin. The OD who came up with this way of keeping track of issued and used grenades needs his head checked. GROG
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I see you were approved with 4h left blank.
Just shows that the ATF is just being cranky sometimes. Or maybe just cause they understand some DDs cant safely be engraved.

Love the serial number!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I see you were approved with 4h left blank.
Just shows that the ATF is just being cranky sometimes. Or maybe just cause they understand some DDs cant safely be engraved.

Love the serial number!!!
View Quote

Wingnut87 equates to WingnutHG or Wingnut HandGrenade.  I thought it was appropriate.  Depending on the construction of the body that I go with, I may or may not be able to suitably affix a serial number.  I submitted technical drawings with my form 1 that ended up being approved.  I will engrave all pertinent information in accordance with approved drawings.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#34]
What if your first design doesn't work correctly, and you have to repair it?  If you still have the engraved part, can you put that back on the repaired piece?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What if your first design doesn't work correctly, and you have to repair it?  If you still have the engraved part, can you put that back on the repaired piece?
View Quote

I dont know about the rules on DDs, but if they're like F1 suppressors, which most likely they are...  Approved F1 = you can build it. NOT RE-build it.
Another F1 would have to be submitted. Unless you want to send it to an DD manufacturer to fix it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#36]
In other words, every time you set off your home built grenade it's a $200 tax stamp.  You can't set off your one stamped grenade every July 4th, pick up the engraved spoon, & rebuild it for next year.  It makes it almost as an expensive hobby as machine guns - you can go through $1000/minute or more in short bursts.

What grenade for squirrel?  : )
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Pm link to build please, good for you OP I like the idea
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Love the serial on that F1.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 5:33:15 AM EDT
[#39]
If this is going down sometime soon, just saying here, I live in Maricopa Co. as well and I would be interested to see it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Build Thread please.

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Shouldve done a claymore...barn sized.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Shouldve done a claymore...barn sized.
View Quote

I'm still keeping the M-14, POM-Z2, and Claymore mines on my radar.  If anyone wants to pony up the funding for a tax stamp, I'm taking requests.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 3:37:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some DIs were required to "turn in the pins" on grenades at the frag range. This does not mean that those pins turned in didn't come from something completely different. The ring is no way to identify a type of grenade. Only that it came with a pin. The OD who came up with this way of keeping track of issued and used grenades needs his head checked. GROG
View Quote

Did a mout range a few months back, we had to turn in fuse, spoon, and rings/pins along with the bodies (training grenades).
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Good show, sir!  I applaud you, and wish I could be there to watch it go off.
To the haters, how many inches of freedom have you thrown to the wolves today?

This reminds me of my idea to Form 1 a Molotov Cocktail...
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Tagscribed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link and awaiting photos still.

Where are you putting the serial?

Spoon?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Unless you want to send it to an DD manufacturer to fix it.
View Quote
wouldn't WingNuts87 be the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#49]
yes
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless you want to send it to an DD manufacturer to fix it.

Yes... for the initial (first) build but since he doesnt have an 07/SOT license, he cant REBUILD it.

So since I bumped this..
Where's the pics?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top