Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I finally got back into the shop to do some more work.  I finished threading the barrel for the muzzle brake and I am working on the new barrel to magazine tube connector.  Next week I may get to the magazine tube and I think I am going to make a side folding or extended cocking handle off the left side, as I am right handed. Here is a pic of what is finished so far.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's beautiful.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I got some more work done today.  The barrel mount went fine, I ended up silver brazing the whole thing including the brake...80 k hi force silver braze at 1125 F should hold...if not I have a buddy with a tig welder.  I tempered the whole barrel at 500 deg. for an hour after it cooled form the brazing operation just for good measure.  I tried to figure out how to re-thread the magazine tube while still on the gun.  I came up with a weird set up which would have worked but I cut the threads on the reverse side so I  thought I had to change feed direction. I got great square threads but left hand so the nut didn't fit, another "oh crap" moment LOL.  I have a plan B and C to get the magazine nut back where it needs to go but that's another day.  BTW  I was told square threads are the hardest to do, now I know why.  Next time I will make a support tube to go into the magazine tube so I can crank the chuck down without fear of crushing the magazine tube.  My set up slipped just as I was doing the final pass but I was quick on the "stop" button so no real damage done. Anyway, here are some pics:

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks better than the one on predator. Nice work Bro, GROG
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude so bad ass!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I got into the shop today and got some more work done.  Next I will finish the locking/set bar and then the charging handle.  I was thinking folding.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I got out to the range to test it out, man what a beast!  The only weak point I can see is the aluminum scope mount.  There is a little flex at the bolt/pin locations but the three stainless steel cap screws I used to mount it to the M203 base hold rock solid.  Once i finish up the charging handle I will paint it up and take some glamour shots and I can check another one off the bucket list.  If I find a good supplier of steel base rail, I think I will  change to a direct mount from in stead of the saddle scope mount, just for strength.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I got out to the range to test it out, man what a beast!  The only weak point I can see is the aluminum scope mount.  There is a little flex at the bolt/pin locations but the three stainless steel cap screws I used to mount it to the M203 base hold rock solid.  Once i finish up the charging handle I will paint it up and take some glamour shots and I can check another one off the bucket list.  If I find a good supplier of steel base rail, I think I will  change to a direct mount from in stead of the saddle scope mount, just for strength.
View Quote

Sweet!  However, your post lacks iPotato video.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
It has been a while since my last post, lots of stuff going on at work and home, but I thought you all deserved a look at the finished product. It sits a bit lower than a factory Masterkey but will bust 2x6's with no problem.  I will try and get a video of some door breaching the next time I am out at the training range.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  It has been a while since my last post, lots of stuff going on at work and home, but I thought you all deserved a look at the finished product. It sits a bit lower than a factory Masterkey but will bust 2x6's with no problem.  I will try and get a video of some door breaching the next time I am out at the training range.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/rncbinc/IMG_0143_zpso5hzrozv.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/rncbinc/IMG_0144_zpsldkh2opo.jpg
View Quote

Clays, man!  We want to see you bust clays!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks Beautiful. Great job.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome thread.

I want to make a m203 that is a 10ga muzzle loading black powder shotgun

That way I can kill squirrels with the m16a1 clone and .22lr conversion at the same time I blast deer during primitive arms season lol.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, if you are serious about your build shoot me a PM, I still have 1 full parts kit and receiver billet left over from my projects.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top