Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 10:00:25 AM EDT
I'm thinking about doing some purchases at a local dealer - need advice on which way to do the paperwork.

The dealer is recommending that I reuse my pre-41 of trust as it would give me more flexibility down the road. I initially thought about just doing an individual transfer.

My situation is it's just me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you ever plan on getting married or leaving NFA items with others? If yes, use the trust.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Create a new trust by renaming your existing one. 
Put them new item in that trust. 

Wash, rinse, repeat for each item. 

If you ever want to sell an item, makes it real easy if you and the buyer are in-state. Add them to the trust and file the Form 4. They can take possession immediately. 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
if its just you just use your trust lol.  takes no more time than as individual and they are all owned by the same entity then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top