Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2017 5:15:24 PM EDT
I don't suppose you're combining this? Huh?
Joshua@capitolarmory
Assuming that's a no go I figured you'd like the heads up on updating the website

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Wouldnt put it past them! CA is good people.

Looks like their system will allow it
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wouldnt put it past them! CA is good people.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259653/Untitled-258856.jpg

Looks like their system will allow it
View Quote
Not sure that's gonna fly but if so that's a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I won't be doing business with Capitol Armory again. About a year ago I bought a short barreled 870 shotgun that was listed to have a Surefire forend light on it. When it came into my dealer it did not have that light phone calls and emails went unanswered.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I won't be doing business with Capitol Armory again. About a year ago I bought a short barreled 870 shotgun that was listed to have a Surefire forend light on it. When it came into my dealer it did not have that light phone calls and emails went unanswered.
View Quote
This is the first time I've ever heard of a bad thing against Capitol. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, and until there starts to be a trend forming, I won't worry about it. Last order I placed for my Sandman-K, I bobbled it up. Got to checkout, forgot to add my 5.56 endcap I wanted, went back and re-did the order. Picked 5/8-24 instead of 1/2-28 (was too worried about the damned endcap) so I emailed them. Got a reply that they'd made a note on their end. They forgot to put flash hider or brake. Jorge called me, left a VM. I called back and it was shipped shortly there-after. I messed up. They made it right (when they really didnt have to) and that is why I keep giving them $$$.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's for sure, they've never done me wrong. That's where I've bought all my cans and I don't plan to take my business anywhere else.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's for sure, they've never done me wrong. That's where I've bought all my cans and I don't plan to take my business anywhere else.
View Quote
Yep. They did me a solid last week on a lower with engraving and filling the form 1. 
Went way above and beyond for me. That's why they get all my business on stuff they carry. 
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
CA is a shining example of some of the best people in the industry.

I'm really tempted on the VP9 Summit Package at the moment...
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Nothing but positive with my experience - it was limited (so far) but very good
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As far as the R4 deal--- it was a failure to pull that down from the product description, since that sale is long past.

In cases like that, if stock is available we usually honor it if the order was placed.  Kind of a "Hey, thanks for the heads up... we'll let it go through even though it shouldn't be there."   But it usually stops then.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CA is a shining example of some of the best people in the industry.

I'm really tempted on the VP9 Summit Package at the moment...
View Quote
Agreed.  They just took real good care of me.  They will continue to get all my suppressor business.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As far as the R4 deal--- it was a failure to pull that down from the product description, since that sale is long past.

In cases like that, if stock is available we usually honor it if the order was placed.  Kind of a "Hey, thanks for the heads up... we'll let it go through even though it shouldn't be there."   But it usually stops then.  
View Quote

Damn, knew I shoulda ordered

j/k
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
What does "Civilian-legal SBR" mean? And why does the Remington R4 need a Form 4 instead of a Form 1?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What does "Civilian-legal SBR" mean? And why does the Remington R4 need a Form 4 instead of a Form 1?
View Quote
Factory SBR is a F4, right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Factory SBR is a F4, right?
View Quote
Yes.  Form 1 is making it yourself.

F4 is for the items registered by the MFG on a F2, and then transferred to another SOT on a F3.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been thinking long and hard on the Tirant 45 for $350, I can't quite talk myself into it right now as I want a few TBAC cans a lot more.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've been thinking long and hard on the Tirant 45 for $350, I can't quite talk myself into it right now as I want a few TBAC cans a lot more.
View Quote
Then buy enough TBAC cans to equal $1500 and you get the Tirant for free.  Problem solved.

That's what I did, only with a sandman L and K.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#21]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmmm, maybe a Maxim 9 and integral 10/22 can should come home with me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
$1500 min is if you buy accessories. If you get 2 other cans you get the TiRant 45 free
I got an Oculus and a Harvester and the free TiRant for well under $1500.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then buy enough TBAC cans to equal $1500 and you get the Tirant for free.  Problem solved.

That's what I did, only with a sandman L and K.  
$1500 min is if you buy accessories. If you get 2 other cans you get the TiRant 45 free
2) Purchase any two (non-Ti-Rant) suppressors and get a Ti-Rant 45 suppressor for free
I got an Oculus and a Harvester and the free TiRant for well under $1500.
I stand corrected.  But the point still stands.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#24]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#25]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Dude you sound like a complete moron. Look on their website it says BUY any 2 suppressors and get a Ti Rant free..no where does it say BUY 1 suppressor get a Ti Rant free. It's your fault for not seeing that, it's obvious that they put somewhere in their system to automatically credit the 350 for the Tirant in the cart and then people had to go and exploit it as usual and find a loophole. It's not their fault you don't have common sense. I've never bought from them because the transfer fees alone eat up any savings they might offer (and at that point I'll just order what I want through my local SOT for the same price after transfer fees) but it's not that hard to see that they tried to make it easy for everyone by having the 350 automatically come off if you have 2 suppressors in the cart and Ti Rant. There system just has a bug in it, use common sense.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just want to point out that this claim above is an outright lie. They don't stand behind their site's information or confirmed orders at all. And they will apparently try to bait and switch without batting an eye. Maybe that's harsh though. Maybe I should apply hanlon's razor and give them the benefit of the doubt to say they're just incompetent and any information presented on the website or order confirmations provided by them cannot be trusted.  

I was browsing the site last night and added a Gemtech Mist to my cart and saw that the TiRant45 I already had in the cart was then free. Believing that their web site was accurate and this was a part of the free promotion, I placed the order. Charge processed on my credit card as well as getting order confirmation email with serial numbers. Then this morning I get an email saying I have to call to add another suppressor to the already confirmed order in order for them to honor it. The other cans I'm considering are way overpriced on their site so there isn't another one I'd want to purchase from them. So, I referred to this post in a reply to them and asked that they honor their word here and honor the confirmed order. They refused and clearly do not live up to the statement above by Joshua.

I now understand why some folks won't deal with Capitol. I'll be one of those avoiding them from now on and I'll do my best to remind folks that you can't trust anything their website shows and can't even trust order confirmations charged to your card. They will bait and switch and apparently really don't care about customer service.
View Quote
Tag for when I'm not multitasking
ETA:
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just want to point out that this claim above is an outright lie. They don't stand behind their site's information or confirmed orders at all. And they will apparently try to bait and switch without batting an eye. Maybe that's harsh though. Maybe I should apply hanlon's razor and give them the benefit of the doubt to say they're just incompetent and any information presented on the website or order confirmations provided by them cannot be trusted.  

I was browsing the site last night and added a Gemtech Mist to my cart and saw that the TiRant45 I already had in the cart was then free. Believing that their web site was accurate and this was a part of the free promotion, I placed the order. Charge processed on my credit card as well as getting order confirmation email with serial numbers. Then this morning I get an email saying I have to call to add another suppressor to the already confirmed order in order for them to honor it. The other cans I'm considering are way overpriced on their site so there isn't another one I'd want to purchase from them. So, I referred to this post in a reply to them and asked that they honor their word here and honor the confirmed order. They refused and clearly do not live up to the statement above by Joshua.

I now understand why some folks won't deal with Capitol. I'll be one of those avoiding them from now on and I'll do my best to remind folks that you can't trust anything their website shows and can't even trust order confirmations charged to your card. They will bait and switch and apparently really don't care about customer service.
View Quote
I hate to be so blunt but your purchase didn't meet any of the multiple methods of qualification. Plain and simple. They did the right thing by contacting you and giving you the option of modifying your order to meet the deal criteria.
The only additional thing I would expect is that they offer you a discount on that 2nd purchased can.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#29]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm sure you know they changed the rules of their promotion once already without notice. When I added the mist and saw the website show the TiRant free I admit I trusted their site and did not go digging to see what rules they changed to make it possible.  I know now that their site is not reliable and can't be trusted. And, that they don't live up to the promises made in this thread.
View Quote
Let me translate this for everyone:  I read this thread and went digging on their site to see if any other loopholes could be found, found one, tried to exploit it based on this thread and got called out on it by CA.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I've never understood the people that believe companies must 100% honor whatever they can pull off on their website. You know damn well what you're trying to do and shouldn't be shocked when it doesn't work. Sometimes you get lucky and things are honored while other times the foot has to be put down. But to bitch and complain because you weren't able to take advantage of a glitch is embarrassing as a human being.

Also the fine print on most sites covers their ass on the right to refuse orders based on errors. You are owed nothing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#33]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#34]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#35]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is the first I've heard of the issue.  I didn't personally get a call or email regarding it.  If it was a hair more than a year ago, it was in the middle of the 41F nonsense... and there wasn't enough time in the day to get to every phone call.  The phones didn't stop ringing, and we were doing 7 days a week with 12-16 hour days, most getting close to that 16 hour mark.  The time it took to return one call, we had half a dozen coming in--- so if you did call, it may certainly have gotten lost in the madness.  It wasn't an ideal situation, but there's only so much manpower available to have dealt with that situation.  

Send me a PM with your name, I'm happy to check into that order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This is the first I've heard of the issue.  I didn't personally get a call or email regarding it.  If it was a hair more than a year ago, it was in the middle of the 41F nonsense... and there wasn't enough time in the day to get to every phone call.  The phones didn't stop ringing, and we were doing 7 days a week with 12-16 hour days, most getting close to that 16 hour mark.  The time it took to return one call, we had half a dozen coming in--- so if you did call, it may certainly have gotten lost in the madness.  It wasn't an ideal situation, but there's only so much manpower available to have dealt with that situation.  

Send me a PM with your name, I'm happy to check into that order.
And that is how CS is done.  

Capitol Armory has been nothing but awesome to me, and very quick to reply.  I'm sure they will get you squared away
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're fine to believe what you want and what I write about intention won't matter. I won't waste time trying to change your view as I'm sure you wouldn't listen or believe.

But, the fact remains that Joshua stated above that if there was a website error that they would honor the order and, presumably, use the information to fix the issue with their site and prevent misleading others. From what he stated more recently, they apparently knew there was an issue and did nothing to address it. Instead they decided to intentionally mislead customers. Thats their choice. And it's a customer's choice to let others know.
View Quote
I absolutely don't believe you. The fact that you keep referencing Josh's above post tells me that you went specifically looking for a "broken" deal and hoped that it would meet the "we will let it slide and honor it" criteria. The fact that you say CA is "intentionally misleading" customers over their un-willingness to honor broken deals is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum. Again you are owed and guaranteed nothing. You tried to play a game and you lost. Get over it. CA won't miss your business and I won't miss your whining either.

*click*
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm sure you know they changed the rules of their promotion once already without notice. When I added the mist and saw the website show the TiRant free I admit I trusted their site and did not go digging to see what rules they changed to make it possible.  I know now that their site is not reliable and can't be trusted. And, that they don't live up to the promises made in this thread.
View Quote
I get it, you saw a way to get a good deal and tried to take it. I don't fault you for it.

But that was not the advertised deal they had. Now you are just getting mad because their system messed up and won't give you the deal that a glitch allowed to pass through the cracks, it was not advertised and not intended. Don't attack the company because you tried to pull a fast one on them and it didn't pan out.

CA is good people, they let helped me get my form out for my Leonidas the day before the NFA deadline.

They are solid and do good work.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Heck of a deal, if I had the funds I would jump on it.

It also sounds like CA should fire a customer and be done with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I wasn't going to waste time on more demonstrated ignorance but I can't help myself here. I know, I got trolled by you.

Forget your invalid assumptions about intent. Forget my order at all. I'm not trying to get my order filled. The takeaway point is that their site cannot be trusted and that despite their claim that they will honor orders placed, and presumably fix the issue after an order shouldn't have been allowed, they do not take action and they leave the site misleading customers.  

If a business chooses to have their site provide known incorrect information then they are misleading. Can you agree with that simple statement?
View Quote
Some people can't be helped.  You is them.  GL to you!

I've had nothing but good experiences with CA over 4 or 5 purchases, so, if you're reading this thread and wondering.  Don't.  Proceed without caution.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#43]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

CA is good people, they let helped me get my form out for my Leonidas the day before the NFA deadline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Leonidas you say? Got pics?

Quoted:
It also sounds like CA should fire a customer and be done with it.
This
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#45]
So, if you go to walmart, put a dollar item bar code on a 1,000.00 dollar item... get away with it until you walk out the door and security stops you... should you be allowed to buy the product for a dollar?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Leonidas you say? Got pics?
View Quote
Not yet, it's at Noveske HQ,I ordered a non-switchblock keymod rail. I payed for the switchblock upgrade and the guys at CA talked to Noveske to have them change my Rail from the keymod rail to the mlok rail l. Hopefully it comes back any day now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm familiar with websites. I work on one of the largest services out there. And what i know is that if we have invalid or misleading information then we fix it as quickly as possible so that our reputation is not impacted by it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... in your case it was an error we've known about for a week.  

You do realize that with every website, and software out there... there are known bugs?  Bug fixes fall into two main categories.  One being a crippling error that will end in catastrophe.  The other being a small bug that happens common enough to warrant the cost for repairing it.  It makes no sense to fix a very, very, very complicated and time consuming bug for only a few cases... when the promotion will be over before the fix could be implemented.  If your car seat has a small hole in it, but you're going to get rid of the car in a month anyway... would you spend the money and time to fix it?  Or say that it's not nearly a big enough deal to even worry about.  
Yeah, I'm familiar with websites. I work on one of the largest services out there. And what i know is that if we have invalid or misleading information then we fix it as quickly as possible so that our reputation is not impacted by it.
This part right here is the only thing you've posted so far that makes any sense. Josh told you they've known about the error for a week and were working to fix it. Amazing how you think everyone works as fast as one of the "largest services out there" that you work for.

You're entitled to you opinion, so good luck with future purchases elsewhere I guess.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#48]
The above poster...

I found a way that I could buy a SPEQ can and get another SPEQ can free, and then add one more can and get the Ti-Rant free. The site allowed me to do it, but it went against the rule that only one can can get BOGO. I contacted CS and they quickly confirmed that this would not be OK under the rules of the promotion, so I didn't try to abuse the limits of their system.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I wasn't going to waste time on more demonstrated ignorance but I can't help myself here. I know, I got trolled by you.

Forget your invalid assumptions about intent. Forget my order at all. I'm not trying to get my order filled. The takeaway point is that their site cannot be trusted and that despite their claim that they will honor orders placed, and presumably fix the issue after an order shouldn't have been allowed, they do not take action and they leave the site misleading customers.  

If a business chooses to have their site provide known incorrect information then they are misleading. Can you agree with that simple statement?
View Quote

You posted this and other questions after Josh said they were having issues... Literally right after...  (Deals discussion thread - page 31)
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#50]
<deleted>

I've deleted posts in this thread as its clear there are different points of view in play and that not everyone is looking from the other's.

I'll close my comments in this thread by saying that it would be easy for one with a web service background and experience with companies having bug bounties and recognition for finding site issues to have seen Josh's statement as being just such. And, from other points of view it could have been seen a trying to take advantage of a supported/trusted retailer.

I did not go looking at multiple items on the site and try to manipulate the deal or find issues. And I did not try to place multiple orders with the issue. You can see from my other posts that I was interested in the Gemtech Mist deal from Buds and so I added it to my cart on CA's site. When I added it, the Tirant that was still in my cart from previous looking around showed free, so I checked out. I did not go adding multiple different silencers or try to find a bug, it just was there in my organic approach. From what I've gathered from this thread and e-mails, there were a number of small issues like this in the site and they had been dealing with them for a week or so, possibly in large numbers. That was not known to me when I posted and would have changed things significantly.

As I said, I've deleted the posts and contacted CA to directly address misunderstandings and communications and end the escalations and digging in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top