Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 11:51:52 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a suppressor by the end of September or first part of October. I have really been looking hard at the SilencerCo Omega for my first. It will be going on a 10.5'' 300BLK, 16'' 556, and a 16'' Ruger Scout in .308.

I believe I have decided on the Omega, but also have the Rugged Surge 762/Razor 762, Griffin Armament Recce 7, and Dead Air Sandman L on the list as well.

Do any of you think any of the other options mentioned are better than the Omega? From my research the Omega seems to be one of the quietest, shortest, and lightest on the market. Are there any cons to the Omega? I know it does have some slight barrel length restrictions but I don't really see myself going any shorter than those.

Looking for opinions to help solidify my decision. SilencerCo seems like a great company.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You are not going to go wrong with any of those cans.  That said I own several of those and steer people toward the Omega and Reece 7.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was in the market for a can I shopped very closely between the Omega, Recce 7 and Sandman.  Ended up with the Recce. It was available at the time, metered slightly better than the Omega if I remember right, and for the price and warranty it seemed the right choice. I've enjoyed the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are not going to go wrong with any of those cans.  That said I own several of those and steer people toward the Omega and Reece 7.
View Quote
if you had to pick between the Omega and Recce 7, what would it be and why?

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, What about the paladin from griffin armament?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, What about the paladin from griffin armament?
View Quote
How about the Pierson NFA Trust Paladin!
This is my only F1 can. Some guys just use like "0001" for the model but I actually had mine called the Paladin. I guess I'm a dork.

This was 2015ish
7.9", .30cal, YHM mounts

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking Good!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't believe you can lose with any of those choices.

The Omega is hard to beat for a first rifle can.  Size, dBs, and versility with the mounting and end cap options gives it a lot of possibilities that you can't get with other suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for solidifying my choice guys! I have been researching suppressors on and off for about 3 years now and kept coming back to the Omega.

I'm doing a few mowing jobs on the side after work over the summer and going to save up and use that to get one hopefully.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]
i have two omegas and a hybrid. i love the fact they all share the same mounts but the muzzle devices get expensive when you try to cover 30 hosts lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my Omega.  Sounds fantastic on my 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My omega is my favorite can.  A bonus is that it comes with two mounts
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]
My Surge is heavy.  Good can though.  Omega, Sandman, and Recce were all on my short list.  For me it came down to what was available the day I was ready to buy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I own an omega, razor, and sandman s.  If you want quiet and light weight with barrel restrictions and a decent mount with ability to direct thread or qd; it is the omega. More blow back than the other two mentioned above and my outer sleeve unscrews (needs to have rocksett reapplied)  Also my locking teeth didn't work from the factory and had to bend the metal clip to engage the teeth on the mount.  Has not been an issue after bending the clip and goes on and off easily.

Razor is nice with secure and simple qd mount and no barrel restrictions. Rugged is awesome to deal with for warranty issues. It is louder than the Omega and Sandman S.  

Sandman is a heavy can and so is the muzzle device at almost 4 oz.  Awesome mount and little blow back.

Omega is one of my favorites and is on my go to ar15.

I also own a sandman l and that is a heavy can so if weight is a issue I wouldn't recommend it.  It is quiet and the mount is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Awesome! Omega it is! Thanks for all the input guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top