Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2017 9:45:49 PM EDT
Just wonder if a $50 jewelry cleaner is gonna work as well as a hornaday
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know, been meaning to buy one at Harbor Freight to see how well it would work.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Harbor Freight tumbler with stainless steel pins, teaspoon of powder soap and water.  Kills the dirt on my .22 and 9mm suppressors
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a Hornady to compare with, I'm using a small ultrasonic cleaner from my wife's jewelry equipment, something I wish it had was a basket to put parts in instead of just dropping everything to the bottom.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a suppressor, but I use a cleaner made by isonic to clean gun parts, and it works really well. It was like $100 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know, been meaning to buy one at Harbor Freight to see how well it would work.
View Quote
Try to catch it on sale.
It looks the same as the Lyman iirc.
Bought a Lyman basket for it as it comes with a flat plastic tray with very low sides.
Works pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both an ultrasonic cleaner and a stainless pin tumbling setup. Bottom line is that ultrasonic cleaners don't work as well as stainless pin tumbling. If you're going to invest in a system, go with wet stainless pin tumbling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top