Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2017 12:48:52 AM EDT
I bought a SilencerCo Hybrid from a local dealer since Silencer Shop doesn't sell them. The dealer is is a Powered By SilencerShop and I'm going through them for my AAC Element purchased at SilencerShop.com. But, they told me today that they cannot use the Silencer Shop system and all my information already in there to process this purchase. This seems to conflict with Silencer Shop's website noting that powered by dealers can use the Silencer Shop system to file paperwork even on purchases made in store at the dealer.

Is it not possible for the dealer to use the Silencer Shop system? Or does SS charge a fee/commission and maybe the dealer is trying to avoid that? Sucks to have to go get fingerprints when SS already has them and my trust info in their systems.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Or does SS charge a fee/commission and maybe the dealer is trying to avoid that? Sucks to have to go get fingerprints when SS already has them and my trust info in their systems.
View Quote

I believe that there is a fee charged to dealers for selling their own inventory via SS kiosk, sounds like they dont want to pay.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for answers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#3]
From my understanding they should be able to add the silencer into their inventory on their silencer shop account and then silencer shop will help them process the forms. I want to say the number I've read is 25 bucks for silencer shop to handle it which really isn't bad(since they are printing and mailing the stuff).

It is worth saying you can call silencer shop and for 20 bucks they will mail you a set of printed finger print cards. You'd just have to then have a drug store do the passport photo. Not as simple but another way to do it. I've ordered a few sets of finger print cards from them as it is easier and takes less time than going to my local police and filling out the paperwork and getting new prints taken. Also my local police charge 10 bucks to print the first card and 5 for each additional. So for a single set for the atf I'm saving 5 bucks by driving over there. You can get the cards for free from the atf and roll your own but with 14 prints on a card I think I'd mess up a few trying to make a clean set.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll call dealer back tomorrow and ask again about user the SS system. Going to the Police Department will take a good bit of time from workday. They charge $7/card so it's worth it to me to pay $10/card from SS to save the time. Or, if SS charges the dealer $25-40 I'd be happy to pay that to fully go through SS system.

For passport photos my work actually will do free passport photos so that's easy enough.

Mostly just liked the simplicity of the SS system and had purchased the unlimited Single Shot trust so was wanting to have  a new singleshot trust created for this suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll call dealer back tomorrow and ask again about user the SS system. Going to the Police Department will take a good bit of time from workday. They charge $7/card so it's worth it to me to pay $10/card from SS to save the time. Or, if SS charges the dealer $25-40 I'd be happy to pay that to fully go through SS system.

For passport photos my work actually will do free passport photos so that's easy enough.

Mostly just liked the simplicity of the SS system and had purchased the unlimited Single Shot trust so was wanting to have  a new singleshot trust created for this suppressor.
View Quote
I had never used them before 41f. I have three suppressors pending with them now. Yea the system seems to be good. I've ordered the fingerprint cards twice since they started selling them. Have a maxim 9 and kriss vector 10mm sbr at a local dealer I usually use(who isn't a silencer shop dealer) and an old colt from the 80's that is at a very good local gunsmith who is doing the transfer since I wanted him to give it a good look over when it showed up. I had to phone order the last suppressor from silencer shop(gemtech mist 10/22 take down version) as they have been hard to get and silencer shop got like 10 in and it wouldn't let me order online. I ordered a two extra sets of cards while I was at it because.

Now with their form 1 service I can see myself using them even more. For the price they are charging it isn't worth my time to run around to get the photos and prints elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Your dealer is wrong. There is a spot in the web portal where he can very easily load physical inventory and then utilize the the PBSS system to facilitate your transfer.  

Call SS or I'm sure Jeremy will be along shortly.

Now if your dealer makes the business decision not to that's one thing. He doesn't HAVE to. He's just ignorant as to the power of the system.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought a SilencerCo Hybrid from a local dealer since Silencer Shop doesn't sell them. The dealer is is a Powered By SilencerShop and I'm going through them for my AAC Element purchased at SilencerShop.com. But, they told me today that they cannot use the Silencer Shop system and all my information already in there to process this purchase. This seems to conflict with Silencer Shop's website noting that powered by dealers can use the Silencer Shop system to file paperwork even on purchases made in store at the dealer.

Is it not possible for the dealer to use the Silencer Shop system? Or does SS charge a fee/commission and maybe the dealer is trying to avoid that? Sucks to have to go get fingerprints when SS already has them and my trust info in their systems.
View Quote
My local guy who is handling the transfer of my can, coming from them; Told me there is a pretty hefty monthly charge if the dealer doesn't move a certain number of cans a month...
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to report back that Jeremy got it all straightened out for me by calling the shop. Great customer service! Seems to have just been my luck to get the one guy in the local dealer who didn't know about using SS for in-store purchases. When I called back yesterday the guy said it was not problem and to just drop by to pay the $25 fee. Nice & Easy!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Just beware that many powered by SS dealers are still not familiar with SID Kiosk.
My dealer for example try to charge me $45 to use it.
Then I talk to SS, it is free to use if transfer from SS to power by SS dealer.
Dealer can charge up to $40, if you use the Kiosk for transfer to other place.
It is very nice to know that SID Kiosk can be use by local dealer to get other suppressor that SS don't carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top