Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2017 6:13:32 PM EDT
Looking for a direct thread 300blk suppressor and from what I've researched a bigger diameter can like these with 1.75" OD seem to be ideal on 300blk subs.  Anyone have any experience on either or preferably both.  I know the Q is a new product and not many have handled it but if any one has shot or heard one your feedback is appreciated.  Looking at getting one for a build I'm doing.  I already have a Sandman S (use on my 5.56 guns) and Omega (use on bolt and extra 5.56 guns) but looking for a dedicated 300blk can with maximum suppression.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used an AAC titan with fantastic results (not direct thread of course), and a direct thread templar (now Crux) archangel .30 cal can, which is just ever so slightly louder.....    Sorry have not heard the Q or Sig cans.....  
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used an AAC titan with fantastic results (not direct thread of course), and a direct thread templar (now Crux) archangel .30 cal can, which is just ever so slightly louder.....    Sorry have not heard the Q or Sig cans.....  
View Quote
I've heard good things about Crux I'll have to check them out.  thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The Sig can is outstanding and a top performing .300 can. I shot one last summer on a MCX and was sold after hearing it. I'm getting close to wrapping up my build with my can. I imagine the Nelson is just as good as they are both KB products.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Sig can is outstanding and a top performing .300 can. I shot one last summer on a MCX and was sold after hearing it. I'm getting close to wrapping up my build with my can. I imagine the Nelson is just as good as they are both KB products.
View Quote
Curious if the Full Nelson improves on anything the Sig does as KB was in on both designs.  I do like the flat end on the Full Nelson vs the standoff on the end of the direct thread Sig.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Curious if the Full Nelson improves on anything the on Sig as KB was in on both designs.  I do like the flat end on the Full Nelson vs the standoff on the end of the Sig.
View Quote
I think the Nelson is lighter if I recall.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:07:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Sig 762 SRD Ti QD .  I could not be happier in regards to performance in 300 blk and 5.56 SBRs. So much in fact, I may get the steel 762 can for my 10.3 sbr 5.56.  Decibel reduction rating is awesome and the "tone" seems substantially different in a good way.  I haven't experienced "first round pop" with mine.  I believe this has to do with the increased internal volume of the silencer. A good amount of R&D( not just a regurgitated design) went into this by smart people. Cons: They are fatter. Getting the adapters, at first, was hit and miss.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Having used both, the SRD762Ti and the Full Nelson are very, very similar. The Nelson is around 2 ounces lighter and just a bit shorter. I'd put both at the top of the chart for .300 BLK performance.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Having used both, the SRD762Ti and the Full Nelson are very, very similar. The Nelson is around 2 ounces lighter and just a bit shorter. I'd put both at the top of the chart for .300 BLK performance.
View Quote
Great info! As far as sound between the two any notcable difference in tone or backpressure?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Just wondering if there is any more info out there about comparisons between these two- hoping to make this decision in the next couple weeks, will be a dedicated 300 blackout suppressor on MCX 16" barrel.   Thanks in advance for any help!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Q cans are just now coming available so probably not a lot of information out yet.  I do have the Q Nelsons (half and Full) for demo if anybody within an hours drive of Culpeper, VA wants to compare their SIG can.  @jefflebowski maybe?
View Quote
IN
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome, would love to get your thoughts on sound differences between the 2.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
That would be great if a comparison shoot between these 2 could be done.  They look to be kings be 300blk suppression.  Thanks

ps: got a Q Full Nelson on order with HB and can't wait to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That would be great if a comparison shoot between these 2 could be done.  They look to be kings be 300blk suppression.  Thanks

ps: got a Q Full Nelson on order with HB and can't wait to check it out.
View Quote
These two, and the SF 300SPS are what I'm looking at as a next can. Any chance of including the SF in a head to head?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the Sig, and it works well.  If you are running subs in an AR platform, you are going to want a JP Silent Captured Spring system, as the standard buffer/spring will be one of the louder things you hear with the can on...
...also be warned that shot timers will have difficulty if more than a foot from the action.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#17]
So has anyone here shot the q full nelson yet?  I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Omega for my 300 blackout build but the full nelson has me intrigued.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So has anyone here shot the q full nelson yet?  I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Omega for my 300 blackout build but the full nelson has me intrigued.
View Quote
Yes, I have. The Full Nelson and SIG SRD762Ti are the quietest 300 BLK cans I've ever used. I don't necessarily think you'd be disappointed with the Omega, but the aforementioned two are standout performers for the caliber.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, I have. The Full Nelson and SIG SRD762Ti are the quietest 300 BLK cans I've ever used. I don't necessarily think you'd be disappointed with the Omega, but the aforementioned two are standout performers for the caliber.
View Quote
Thank you for input on the 2.  Your the first to say they have heard them both.  Any diffrence between them on 300blk or they very close?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
By how big of a margin?  This can would go on to an 8.5" SBR and the Full Nelson appears to be a little bit bigger than the Omega.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
By how big of a margin?  This can would go on to an 8.5" SBR and the Full Nelson appears to be a little bit bigger than the Omega.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on data from Silencer Shop and MAC, as well as my own first hand experience with them, I'd say 3-5 dB better. The key, though, is that the SIG (and presumably Q) cans are quieter than many of their competitors both at the muzzle and at the ear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top