Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2017 12:14:41 PM EDT
So im wanting to put a single can on my 9mm SBR and 22LR SBR.
9MM has 1/2 36 threads and the 22 has 1/2 28

Im not sure how to attach the can to both.  

This is my first time dabbling in this world.
Thanks for they replies.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Too easy
Griffin 1/2x36 3 lug
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
So i put that 3 lug adaptor on it and then what? What can is compatible with it? I guess ill need one in 1/2 28 as well but the can will be able to attach to both.
I have another question. I have no problem having the threads being ram concentric to the bore by Adco or someone. My question is I have a taccom 22LR ULW barrel I dont think that will be able to be rethreaded. Is it that important.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Griffin Optimus would be a good can for that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's back up. Have you bought a suppressor?

You'll need a 1/2x28 fixed mount for the .22lr
For the AR, a 1/2x36 fixed mount would work too but it would be easier (although more expensive) to do a 3 lug. You'll need male and female 3 lug pieces.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Both weapons are ARs registered SBR. No i have not bought a suppressor yet. Just trying to figure out which can and how to mount it to both.
22LR is dedicated barrel taccom ULW barrel 1/2 28 threads

9mm is Palmetto State Armory 9mm upper 1/2 36 threads.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both weapons are ARs registered SBR. No i have not bought a suppressor yet. Just trying to figure out which can and how to mount it to both.
22LR is dedicated barrel taccom ULW barrel 1/2 28 threads

9mm is Palmetto State Armory 9mm upper 1/2 36 threads.
View Quote
Rethread to 1/2x28 and use the same fixed mount on both barrels
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you think the threading on the taccom barrel is accurate enough to prevent a strike? Whats a good can?
Budget is 1000 including tax stamp.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a dedicated rimfire can.  They're designed to be user-serviceable, and they get filthy.  They're also much lighter, which makes shooting them on a light .22 more pleasant.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get a dedicated rimfire can.  They're designed to be user-serviceable, and they get filthy.  They're also much lighter, which makes shooting them on a light .22 more pleasant.
View Quote
Thats what i was thinking. Dead air mask direct threaded to it and a rail to cover it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thats what i was thinking. Dead air mask direct threaded to it and a rail to cover it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good choice.

Save your pennies for a few more months and get an Omega 9K for your subgun.  

I shoot my rimfire cans far more than my others, probably by a margin of 100:1.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Just bought the dead air mask. Going to direct thread it, and get a new rail to partially cover it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a word of warning I have the exact same thing a dead air mask on a 8" M&P 15-22 with the rail covering half the Mask.  It always comes unscrewed at the base when I remove it so I am now looking to buy an Oculus or a Halcyon because they both have the thread mount locked to not unscrew from the can when removing it.  Other than that love the Mask.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just a word of warning I have the exact same thing a dead air mask on a 8" M&P 15-22 with the rail covering half the Mask.  It always comes unscrewed at the base when I remove it so I am now looking to buy an Oculus or a Halcyon because they both have the thread mount locked to not unscrew from the can when removing it.  Other than that love the Mask.
View Quote
I thought about that. Glad to have some real world experience from it. I guess I will have to figure out the right length to have my rail while still being able to access it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#14]
The new Gemtech 4-lug adapter could be a good remedy for under the rail cans that have mounts that unscrew. Attach the 4-lug male to the threads and leave it. Thread the female mount into the can and it can be installed and removed with a push and twist in the clockwise direction, ensuring the threads are always being acted on in a tightening direction.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:13:43 AM EDT
[#15]
That is a good option but don't think I want the added length or weight of the Gemtech 4-lug 22 set-up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
One last question. I have a mask on order, but I still want to suppress my 9mm and 300 blackout. Would the Sandman K be a good can for this? If not which can for a 1/2 ×36 thread and 5/8 thread.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One last question. I have a mask on order, but I still want to suppress my 9mm and 300 blackout. Would the Sandman K be a good can for this? If not which can for a 1/2 ×36 thread and 5/8 thread.
View Quote
Please don't put a 9mm bullet through a 7.62mm silencer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]
So what would be my route then. I think the optimus says you can shoot 9mm through it. Im learning here. That's why I post my questions. Let's just talk about the 9mm then. It's a PSA  9mm glock mag lower with a tax stamp to make it SBR. 6 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So what would be my route then. I think the optimus says you can shoot 9mm through it. Im learning here. That's why I post my questions. Let's just talk about the 9mm then. It's a PSA  9mm glock mag lower with a tax stamp to make it SBR. 6 inch barrel.
View Quote
The Sico Omega 9k is rated for 9mm and 300 blk supers and subs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Sico Omega 9k is rated for 9mm and 300 blk supers and subs.
View Quote
Sounds good. I wish they sold it on silencer shop. It's the easiest route for me. I dont have a lot of time to go running around getting fingerprints and photos done. I can just use silencer shops kiosk and be done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:43:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds good. I wish they sold it on silencer shop. It's the easiest route for me. I dont have a lot of time to go running around getting fingerprints and photos done. I can just use silencer shops kiosk and be done.
View Quote
Get in touch with one of the Powered By dealers and see what their transfer fee is like. I found a dealer through the forums here to do my transfers and thought I wouldn't be able to use SilencerShop system. I only recently found out that Powered By dealers can process their 'local stock' suppressors through SilencerShop for a fee of $25. Luckily the guy I was put in touch with was a Powered By dealer. So he entered the info from his side and all the docs were generated and sent to me by SilencerShop. Much easier that getting prints and photos.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Get in touch with one of the Powered By dealers and see what their transfer fee is like. I found a dealer through the forums here to do my transfers and thought I wouldn't be able to use SilencerShop system. I only recently found out that Powered By dealers can process their 'local stock' suppressors through SilencerShop for a fee of $25. Luckily the guy I was put in touch with was a Powered By dealer. So he entered the info from his side and all the docs were generated and sent to me by SilencerShop. Much easier that getting prints and photos.
View Quote
That's good to know.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#23]
not sure why this is so hard...   I use an Octane 9 on 9mm SBRs and my 22LR spikes upper.  Different fixed mounts and/or 3 lugs as needed.   My Spectre II looks weird poking under the handguards and the Octane is just as quiet if not more quiet.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#24]
It's hard because I dont have any experience in suppressors. Im looking for a suppressor for my 9mm.SBR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Say I wanted an AAC Ti-rant 9m to my 9mm SBR. How would I attach it? Does it need a piston. The mounting is what I have no idea what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Say I wanted an AAC Ti-rant 9m to my 9mm SBR. How would I attach it? Does it need a piston. The mounting is what I have no idea what I'm doing.
View Quote
Replace the spring in the booster with a fixed barrel spacer.  Screw on to threaded barrel.  Make sure you have the right thread pitch on the piston.

Or, replace the piston/booster assembly with the AAC Triad 3-lug mount and attach it to a 3-lug barrel.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Replace the spring in the booster with a fixed barrel spacer.  Screw on to threaded barrel.  Make sure you have the right thread pitch on the piston.

Or, replace the piston/booster assembly with the AAC Triad 3-lug mount and attach it to a 3-lug barrel.
View Quote
That sounds like a good option. I assume that the tri lug set up is stronger.  
Is the AAC  Ti-rant M any good?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That sounds like a good option. I assume that the tri lug set up is stronger.  
Is the AAC  Ti-rant M any good?
View Quote
It's a nice can.

I'm not crazy about modular cans though as I'm generally a "set it and forget it" kinda guy.  The additional cost for a modular can isn't worth it to me.

I don't know if a 3-lug is stronger than a threaded mount.  3-lug is certainly fast to remove and install.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:17:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's hard because I dont have any experience in suppressors. Im looking for a suppressor for my 9mm.SBR.
View Quote
my post was not in regards to your original question but all of the responses from people who are supposedly knowledgeable about cans...

If you want a dual purpose can that can run 22LR, its needs to be easy to clean.  Not a huge Octane fan because of its blowback on pistols, but if you want a can to run on 9mm and 22LR SBR/carbines, its a pretty good choice.

Tirants allow fouling to mess up the interior of the tube whereas the Octane stack is enclosed.  Unsure of what other 9mm cans are easy to clean when using 22LR.

You might even be better served with an Octane 45, especially if you want to run 3 lug on 9mm because a lot of 3 lug setups seem to have some slop and the larger 45 opening gives you plenty of leeway if there is some slop in the system.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I purchased a mask for my 22lr needs. I may wait till dead air releases this next can. If it's a 9mm can I'll get that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top