Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#1]
A pretty good read with some insight into the nuances of various rimfire cans. There are trade offs everywhere. Weight, simplicity, ease of takedown, materials of construction, sound etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
DB ratings are crazy and vary so much based on host, ammo, temp and etc. It seems like each and every new test out yields different results on the quietness model. I don't put a ton of thought into most DB test anymore all the top cans are quiet so I mainly focus on FRP % and features each model. offers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Checkmate...
And the Q.D. is the best feature.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They picked the 22 osprey to review?

Why not the Warlock or the Specter?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
My thoughts exactly. Besides, isn't the osprey 22 discontinued?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Similar thoughts here. It baffles me (haha) that people putting together comparisons cannot pull together what are regarded as the quintessential gold standard cans of that class. No Spectre II, no Element II. Also no offerings from Liberty, no Oculus...

The SRD22X looks essentially like an El Camino and yet there's 5+ dB difference between the two on a pistol.

The Checkmate QD also has a 17-4 monocore and not an aluminum monocore as listed in their description.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure what those guys were doing, I have a Spectre II, Mask, and HTA G22.  

Of my mask, I don't hear a FRP, and 2.7 MOA at 50 yards????  Seriously, I can 1.5 MOA or better with CCI SV at 75 yards.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#8]
They should have put the Oculus in the mix as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So many choices, and I dunno if any of them are really and truly the complete, god tier package.
View Quote
Hence why you pick what you WANT MOST out of the suppressor
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Similar thoughts here. It baffles me (haha) that people putting together comparisons cannot pull together what are regarded as the quintessential gold standard cans of that class. No Spectre II, no Element II. Also no offerings from Liberty, no Oculus...

The SRD22X looks essentially like an El Camino and yet there's 5+ dB difference between the two on a pistol.

The Checkmate QD also has a 17-4 monocore and not an aluminum monocore as listed in their description.
View Quote
Yeah I noticed that too about the checkmate. 

I have a checkmate and have never noticed the accuracy problems they talk about 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Well, you did show me the glory of the Thunder Beast rimfire can a while ago...
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Been wanting me a Takedown....
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Neat article. But wish they had the Sparrow and Spectre II in there. Those seem to be two of the most prolific rimfire silencers around.

And I own them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#18]
No Element 2 ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Thoughts:

1. I’ll take any review written by someone who doesn’t know the difference between you’re/your and its/it’s with a grain of salt.
2. “Who shoots subs through a pistol”? Uh, this guy.
3. Anyone testing accuracy with bulk-pack ammo is an idiot and should be ignored.
4. dB levels of the UN-suppressed hosts should have been published.
5. Accuracy of the 10/22 UN-suppressed should have been published.
6. “Our initial groups with the Checkmate-QD strung out like Robert Downey Jr. in the ’90s.” That is funny.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

David called me and told me about his accuracy issue.  I told him of a couple thousand cans we have had less than a handful of people experience his POI shift and that if he sent me back the mount parts I could swap them and it would vanish.  The new parts rectified his issue, he said he would write something in the article about it.  I haven't read it.  But fwiw the checkmate has had phenomenal end user satisfaction and obviously its murphies law that recoil would be in less than 1% to get bad parts.
View Quote
Just curious, what's the cause? The 3lug muzzle device or the adapter in the can? 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
why the osprey micro?  Anyways, I have a take down coming.  This makes me happy about my purchase.  Can't wait to see what it does on my 17 hornet.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thoughts:

1. I’ll take any review written by someone who doesn’t know the difference between you’re/your and its/it’s with a grain of salt.
2. “Who shoots subs through a pistol”? Uh, this guy.
3. Anyone testing accuracy with bulk-pack ammo is an idiot and should be ignored.
4. dB levels of the UN-suppressed hosts should have been published.
5. Accuracy of the 10/22 UN-suppressed should have been published.
6. “Our initial groups with the Checkmate-QD strung out like Robert Downey Jr. in the ’90s.” That is funny.
View Quote
Boom
Head shot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top