Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2017 8:16:18 PM EDT
Just got an email- Dead Air is available at Silencer Shop again! This is bad news, because now it means that too much beer could lead to me buying a Ghost or an S to complete my collection.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that too!! Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally. Good move for both companies.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Good news, just need a sale, I foresee a second mask in my future unless the new griffin offering is just that much better
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like all the Silencer Shop dealers have the same price for the cans. My local SS dealer is usually cheaper than the rest. I wonder if the prices have to be the same throughout for the Dead Air cans or maybe the dealers haven't updated their prices yet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Good news as I enjoy doing business with both parties.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad they did this too late.

I would probably have a Sandman S and L in my bag...alas, the Rugged cans are working very well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
About time, I'm very happy on this move
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad to see them come around, but I'm disappointed it didn't happen pre-41F.

Hopefully they'll come around on the MAP as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally. Good move for both companies.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#11]
LOL:

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
What do you mean?
Several manufacturers have such pricing policies.
(and believe it or not it benefits both retailer and customer)
MAP pricing ensures that any dealer carrying that product enjoys a profit. For the manufacturer, it means a wider network of dealers. MAP means the big box, mom and pop, internet and your kitchen table dealers all can sell at the same price if they choose.

Large volume dealers may have a better deal from the manufacturer, but even a dealer selling one a month still has an incentive to carry that brand.
Without MAP, a retailer could sell a product below his cost simply to drive other retailers away from that brand. Once he's eliminated that competition guess what happens to pricing?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
If there is a benefit to me in having prices held above supply/demand and the current marketplace, I admit to not seeing it.
If a company feels their product is so special it can command these prices (cough-Apple), more power to them, and I wish them well.
On the other hand, MAP does help me by reducing the research time of choices for my next purchase.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have know the scuttlebutt on this issue? I heard they had a disagreement that Facebook post almost makes it sound personal. To the casual observer, it seems that SiCo management seems to have a destructive bent toward their relationships as evidenced by this issue and the fact that their 2 biggest competitors are founded by people that use to work for them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What do you mean?
MAP pricing ensures that any dealer carrying that product enjoys a profit. For the manufacturer, it means a wider network of dealers. MAP means the big box, mom and pop, internet and your kitchen table dealers all can sell at the same price if they choose.

Large volume dealers may have a better deal from the manufacturer, but even a dealer selling one a month still has an incentive to carry that brand.
Without MAP, a retailer could sell a product below his cost simply to drive other retailers away from that brand. Once he's eliminated that competition guess what happens to pricing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you mean?

MAP is a terrible policy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Does anyone have know the scuttlebutt on this issue? I heard they had a disagreement that Facebook post almost makes it sound personal. To the casual observer, it seems that SiCo management seems to have a destructive bent toward their relationships as evidenced by this issue and the fact that their 2 biggest competitors are founded by people that use to work for them.
View Quote
I don't think DA and Rugged are their two biggest competitors.

AAC, Gemtech, Surefire, Griffin, YHM, to name a few, have been around quite a while.

And it's not like there aren't multiple other lines started by outcasts from older companies.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

AAC, Gemtech, Surefire, Griffin, YHM, to name a few, have been around quite a while.

And it's not like there aren't multiple other lines started by outcasts from older companies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only bought a SiCo as my last can because they had exactly what I was looking for and nobody else did.  If that weren't the case I would have ordered from SS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you mean?

Maybe for you, but it's often the only way to get your product carried by retailers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I never understood why customers cry so much over MAP.  MAP just affects the "advertised" price.  I recently bought a Dead Air can for $70 because the dealer was running a BOGO sale that wasn't advertised to include DeadAir products, but when I asked if I could pay the difference between the "free" can and a DeadAir substitute, he said sure just give me $70 and you're all set.

Lots of online retailers have "Price too low to show. Must add to cart to see price."  It's really not hard to work around.  Just talk to your LGS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Derp
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I only bought a SiCo as my last can because they had exactly what I was looking for and nobody else did.
View Quote
That's fairly important when competing against similar products.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I never understood why customers cry so much over MAP.  MAP just affects the "advertised" price.  I recently bought a Dead Air can for $70 because the dealer was running a BOGO sale that wasn't advertised to include DeadAir products, but when I asked if I could pay the difference between the "free" can and a DeadAir substitute, he said sure just give me $70 and you're all set.

Lots of online retailers have "Price too low to show. Must add to cart to see price."  It's really not hard to work around.  Just talk to your LGS.
View Quote
Basically this.
"Login for price" etc gets around MAP easily.
All y'all know I ain't paying MAP or asking price for almost anything
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#25]
On the subject of pricing and Dead Air (which I have a Mask and Sandman-L and love both), what's up with the $850 ghost!? Is it really that much better than two of its similar competitors? I mean, you can get an Obsidian for $654 and the TiRant 45M for $628.

I have an obsidian in jail right now and really wanted to get the ghost (cause it would match my other cans lol) but I just don't see $200 worth of better.

I have seen the ghost on sale at $599 once from grabagun but had already purchased the obsidian.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only bought a SiCo as my last can because they had exactly what I was looking for and nobody else did.
That is very true but it took me a long time to decide to deal with the further drive to the dealer with the SiCo product than to just get something else that met most of my wants and go thru SS.

Did I miss another option besides the Omega 9K that can handle full-auto super and subsonic 9mm/300BLK?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
On the subject of pricing and Dead Air (which I have a Mask and Sandman-L and love both), what's up with the $850 ghost!? Is it really that much better than two of its similar competitors? I mean, you can get an Obsidian for $654 and the TiRant 45M for $628.

I have an obsidian in jail right now and really wanted to get the ghost (cause it would match my other cans lol) but I just don't see $200 worth of better.

I have seen the ghost on sale at $599 once from grabagun but had already purchased the obsidian.
View Quote
And this is the downside to MAP.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Depends on the company, and the policy agreement with the retailer. I've seen policies that were easy to work around, and some where there was almost no way to sell under the fixed price sans determined periods(Holiday Schedule) or special request.

I prefer MAP. Streamlines everything on both the retailers end and on the consumer side of things.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure on the origin of the butthurt but SilencerShop wrote negative, biased product descriptions when they had SiCo stuff on their site. I asked about it in the Industry section a while back and they tried to play it off.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dead Air has MAP.
View Quote
Isn't that why SS lost Dead Air for a while?  They advertized below MAP or something?  I remember reading about it a year ago or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top