Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 1:54:13 PM EDT
Hello,

Anyone using, have experience with an Osprey 45K...or any Osprey on a SBR or a carbine? My Kriss Vector 45 SBR just cleared a few weeks ago and I took it out for the first time last weekend and I was getting a POI shift of about  3" up and 3" right at 25 yards with the  Osprey 45k.  The Osprey was installed with the  bottom of the can located up.  Groups were tight with and without the can.

My other 9mm SBRs have minimal to zero POI shifts at 25 yards with various circular tube cans.  Wondering if it's just inherent in the Osprey's design that one will get a POI shift.   I really like the compactness of the Osprey 45k...but the POI is really bugging me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you using a fixed barrel spacer in the piston housing?

That is an extreme POI shift from my experience - I would expect maybe an inch or so at that distance..........

Can you try the gun with another can?  Maybe the threads are not concentric.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same set up with the Vector SBR and Osprey. I have POI shift about the same distance but to the left at 25yds. I can holdover and hit the bullseye. I am using the spacer not the spring in the Osprey.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Different guns with different cans have different shifts. That's normal.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrel thread concentricity also plays a role in POI shift. So without knowing that aspect, it's hard to put all the "blame" on the suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah...using the  Silencerco fixed barrel spacer.   Next time out... gonna bring the TiRant and the Obsidian short and compare.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If it makes you feel better my osprey poi is 12" high 12" left on my .45 host. Waiting to get the can back from SiCo for the second time, maybe they fixed it this time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Osprey .40 with a fixed spacer on a .40 Sub2K with no POI change, works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top