Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2017 10:58:54 PM EDT
How well do the Tavor SAR and X95 suppress?  I have a Sig MCX with a SiCo saker K and I get gas to the eyes even with the suppressed setting on the piston.

I'm interested in the SAR and X95 for HD for the compactness. I have a Rugged Razor, another saker k, surge, and thunderbeast ultras 7 and 9.  Would a .30 can lessen the gas to the face with the SAR and X95?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
My SAR gasses me out so much unsuppressed that I've given up on suppressing it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't speak to the Tavor but the X95 gives me a lot of gas to the face when shooting suppressed. I'm hoping the manticore arms gasketed port cover will help the problem.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't speak to the Tavor but the X95 gives me a lot of gas to the face when shooting suppressed. I'm hoping the manticore arms gasketed port cover will help the problem.
View Quote
You might need to seal/gasket the rear end of the top rail, too. The ejection ports are the easy means of egress, once you seal one of them, the gas will find other exits more readily. The edge of the top rail can blast you right in the eyes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You might need to seal/gasket the rear end of the top rail, too. The ejection ports are the easy means of egress, once you seal one of them, the gas will find other exits more readily. The edge of the top rail can blast you right in the eyes.
View Quote
I just found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDPJ0oWB9nQ

The OP claims he is using a SiCo Omega 762 and a Midwest Industries port cover; he says he can't tell a difference with the gas suppressed vs unsuppressed.

Has anyone else tried this?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into that as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm using a Gear Head Works TMF on mine, i applied a bead of RTV sealant around the inner lip and re-installed it.

i only get gas to the face/eyes if it's 100% calm out, using a specwar 556, and when shooting more than 10+ rounds fairly rapidly at that
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#7]
AAC M4-2000

MI enhanced gas port cover with some silicone sealant around it.

Shooting 55gr-77gr i get a couple shots of gas to the face randomly. Nothing that bother me at all.
If i had to shoot out a guess: out of 200rds i can smell the gas maybe a quarter of that. The rest of the time its like shooting unsuppressed.

Thats my experience though so take it for what is worth.

Anyone close with a tavor and can you can try out?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AAC M4-2000

MI enhanced gas port cover with some silicone sealant around it.

Shooting 55gr-77gr i get a couple shots of gas to the face randomly. Nothing that bother me at all.
If i had to shoot out a guess: out of 200rds i can smell the gas maybe a quarter of that. The rest of the time its like shooting unsuppressed.

Thats my experience though so take it for what is worth.

Anyone close with a tavor and can you can try out?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20170518-152853-213698.JPG
View Quote
Unfortunately,  no.  Lgs has a rental, but no can on it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I had my X95 out yesterday with MI port Cover and a Specwar 556K shooting Federal 50gr JHP value packs.  Holy crap was it gassy.  Smoke was coming out of every crevice.  No wind, so it lingered at my face.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm maybe I'll wait a few months and see how well the DT MDR does suppressed since it has a 3-position gas block.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I ran my new Surefire 300 SPS on my X95 a few days ago.  The gas leaking from the back end of the rail seemed to be the biggest offender.  It was pretty gassy under rapid firing, but not that much worse than my 14.5'" AR with a Geissele charging handle.  Both made my eyes sting a bit.  Shot Wolf Gold and XM193 that day.

As far as function, the X95 ran flawlessly suppressed, as it has un-suppressed.  To my ears (without protection), the X95 was a little quieter than my AR.  The black slime leaking out of every crevice is making my FDE gun look much better.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
even with my 556 SOCOM Mini which is supposedly one of the least blowback cans available in that caliber, the SAR still gassed the heck out of me.  My Aug is way better by comparison with the same can.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
It seems neither is worth getting if the intent is to shoot it suppressed all the time....

The Kel Tec RDB looks interesting, but it seems to be a unicorn.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#15]
How about a Steyr AUG?  Those seem to get favorable reports with suppressor usage.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Converted mine to 9mm. Have the gearhead word flex on it and a ghost-m. Also run an aimpoint pro. Ridiculously awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top