Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 7:48:12 PM EDT
Does anyone have dB levels of the "popular" cans on SBRs?  Everything seems to be on 16" or 14.5" (occasionally).

Really hoping for some data on 10.5" for M4-2000, M4SD II, M4SD K, Saker 556 & 556k, SpecWar 556 & 556k, and Razor.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It just so happens, I do....
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/460124_-ARCHIVED-THREAD----Ever-want-to-compare-a-Specwar--Omega--Sandman--Surge--YHM--OSS-all-at-once-.html&page=1
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It just so happens, I do....
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/460124_-ARCHIVED-THREAD----Ever-want-to-compare-a-Specwar--Omega--Sandman--Surge--YHM--OSS-all-at-once-.html&page=1
View Quote
Thank you, sir!  I think I've seen some of those numbers before just didn't know what thread they came from!

Do you have any data, or know of any, on dedicated 5.56 cans...or on the Razor?  Trying to find a could tone suppressor that is as much below 140 dB as possible and is sub 7" for my SBR.

Tone is definitely very important to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm biased, but a QD Omega with either 5.56 or 7.62 flat end cap will be just under 7", sound great and beat those numbers. A DT Omega with a 5.56 flat end cap will weigh about 11.4oz and be 6" in length, adding about 5.4" to barrel length, as measured from the crown.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm biased, but a QD Omega with either 5.56 or 7.62 flat end cap will be just under 7", sound great and beat those numbers. A DT Omega with a 5.56 flat end cap will weigh about 11.4oz and be 6" in length, adding about 5.4" to barrel length, as measured from the crown.
View Quote
Do you have any dedicated 5.56 cans?

Id love to have something that was 6.5" or shorter and still achieved the same dB ratings of the Omega.

It's just hard for me to pass up the M4-2000 or YHM Turbo, each for under $600 when what I have a need for is a 5.56 can.

I want to plan for a .30 call can, also...but in the future.

Although, I thought I was settled on my 2 finalist three days ago and that is starting to change, so maybe I'll be back around to the Omega and Razor in a couple days!

Knowing what the Razor meters at on 5.56 through an SBR would be extremely helpful right about now!  I know it has a good low tone, it's the right length, it's not too heavy, and if I knew it would get me to 137ish on 5.56 with the 5.56 end cap, I'd probably buy it right meow.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both the Omega and Razor. Very close in size and weight (flat cap on Omega) but the Omega has better dB reduction. Both have a nice tone and the Razor is the tougher can with, IMO, a better mount.

I wouldn't give up either one.

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I not only like the Rugged mount system more, but also the muzzle devices themselves.   Smaller, with fewer sharp-ish edges on the flash hiders.

They also seem to have a better finish and are harder.

The Omega is lighter, noticeably quieter and has much better flash reduction than the Razor.   Would probably get another Razor or Surge unless I'm specifically aiming for light and quiet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Two questions related to the Razor and Omega:
1. Which one is better at mitigating gas blow back
2. Have you ever had an issue with the Omega's tube coming loose from the core?  I've read some issues with that because they don't weld the core, they glue it...

Is the flash suppression really better with the Omega?  I thought I had read somewhere that the Razor was really good at this...I've read so much lately I can't keep it all straight!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
2. Have you ever had an issue with the Omega's tube coming loose from the core?  I've read some issues with that because they don't weld the core, they glue it...

Is the flash suppression really better with the Omega?  I thought I had read somewhere that the Razor was really good at this...I've read so much lately I can't keep it all straight!
View Quote
I'm a poor judge of blow back since all of my hosts run adjustable gas blocks.

The outer tube of the Omega is rocksett on. Mine has not come loose, but a friend's has. He reapplied rocksett and it's good to go. It's not a major issue, just a mild annoyance and an easy fix. The upside is that it allows for easy repair by SiCo if you ever have a baffle strike.

If I had to choose just one of these 2, I'd be hard pressed to make a decision as well. Flip a coin, you'll be happy either way.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm a poor judge of blow back since all of my hosts run adjustable gas blocks.

The outer tube of the Omega is rocksett on. Mine has not come loose, but a friend's has. He reapplied rocksett and it's good to go. It's not a major issue, just a mild annoyance and an easy fix. The upside is that it allows for easy repair by SiCo if you ever have a baffle strike.

If I had to choose just one of these 2, I'd be hard pressed to make a decision as well. Flip a coin, you'll be happy either way.
View Quote
Thank you sir!  Does one sound way quieter/better on 300 BLK than the other?  I don't have a 300 BLK, but I am interested in one at some point in my life!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Razor on a 10.5" LMT SBR and there is no noticeable difference in blowback vs unsuppressed.  

The tone is also really nice even with the .30 end cap.  Mounts are rock solid and user friendly.  I could not be any happier with the Razor.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you sir!  Does one sound way quieter/better on 300 BLK than the other?  I don't have a 300 BLK, but I am interested in one at some point in my life!
View Quote
The Omega wins hands down on my 8.3" 300blk. However, the Razor does have very nice tone and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I ever build a second 300blk.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a Razor on a 10.5" LMT SBR and there is no noticeable difference in blowback vs unsuppressed.  

The tone is also really nice even with the .30 end cap.  Mounts are rock solid and user friendly.  I could not be any happier with the Razor.
View Quote
Do you feel like it does a good job with dB attenuation?  Only thing I worry about with the Razor is whether it's going to still kill my ears if I use it hunting with my 5.56 and take a few shots with no ear pro.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you have any dedicated 5.56 cans?

Id love to have something that was 6.5" or shorter and still achieved the same dB ratings of the Omega.

It's just hard for me to pass up the M4-2000 or YHM Turbo, each for under $600 when what I have a need for is a 5.56 can.

I want to plan for a .30 call can, also...but in the future.

Although, I thought I was settled on my 2 finalist three days ago and that is starting to change, so maybe I'll be back around to the Omega and Razor in a couple days!

Knowing what the Razor meters at on 5.56 through an SBR would be extremely helpful right about now!  I know it has a good low tone, it's the right length, it's not too heavy, and if I knew it would get me to 137ish on 5.56 with the 5.56 end cap, I'd probably buy it right meow.
View Quote
I do not have a 5.56 limited suppressor, though one of my Omegas has a Ti 5.56 flat end cap and 1/2" 28 Ti DT module installed and lives on an 11.5" 5.56 SBR.

The Turbo is a hard to pass up option if you are going to go QD 5.56 suppressor. Inexpensive, from a solid company, relatively light weight...

I have an YHM ULT, which is a QD Ti  30 cal suppressor, and I have to say that the YHM QD system is the best QD system out there. It really is about as simple and fool proof as it can be, with the benefit that all moving or wear parts and springs are in the muzzle device as opposed to the suppressor.

ETA: I hog and predator hunt with my suppressors and my No 1 night hunting bud has several suppressors as well. We loan a rifle with a suppressor and thermal or NV scope to anyone else hunting with us to avoid having to deal with an unsuppressed shooter. Even the loudest of our suppressors is adequate for taking more than just the edge off a rifle report. And at night, rifle shots seem especially loud. My least favorite is my bud's Surefire, which is the loudest of the suppressors we own.

My bud has a Gemtech GMT Halo, which is my favorite of his suppressors.

JPK
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you feel like it does a good job with dB attenuation?  Only thing I worry about with the Razor is whether it's going to still kill my ears if I use it hunting with my 5.56 and take a few shots with no ear pro.
View Quote
A few shots?  Perfectly comfortable even with a SBR.

I have done a few mag dumps without ear-pro with only mild discomfort.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The core is both glued and threaded.   Any time I got the mount stuck on (hot can on cold mount) I'd use the wrench on it rather than cranking on the body, though.

The brake on the Omega seems to diffuse most of any flash, so it's hard to directly compare.   Very little flash out of it even in darkness, at least to the naked eye.

The Razor was putting out about 1/2-1" flash in an SBR with factory .223, and 3-6" out of the 9" .300 with handloads (H110, though, which is very flashy).  This was with heavy overcast.

Blowback subjectively seemed better on the Razor.

Does one sound way quieter/better on 300 BLK than the other? I don't have a 300 BLK, but I am interested in one at some point in my life!
The Omega is quieter with pretty much anything, though they both have a nice tone.

I think the Omega and Surge are a bit more of an apples to apples comparison for sound performance.   They are all fantastic cans, though.  I would very much recommend getting a .30 cal can in general - the difference in in sound performance is minor to none depending on the model - the main drawback is weight, for some of them.

Not sure if the slightly reduced length of the Razor is worth it over the 7" configuration of the Surge for most users.   It's a beautiful can, though; you can't have one and not like it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well that's good to hear!  Now I just need SS, Hansohn Bros or Capitol to run an awesome Memorial Day suppressor sale.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The core is both glued and threaded.   Any time I got the mount stuck on (hot can on cold mount) I'd use the wrench on it rather than cranking on the body, though.

The brake on the Omega seems to diffuse most of any flash, so it's hard to directly compare.   Very little flash out of it even in darkness, at least to the naked eye.

The Razor was putting out about 1/2-1" flash in an SBR with factory .223, and 3-6" out of the 9" .300 with handloads (H110, though, which is very flashy).  This was with heavy overcast.

Blowback subjectively seemed better on the Razor.

The Omega is quieter with pretty much anything, though they both have a nice tone.

I think the Omega and Surge are a bit more of an apples to apples comparison for sound performance.   They are all fantastic cans, though.  I would very much recommend getting a .30 cal can in general - the difference in in sound performance is minor to none depending on the model - the main drawback is weight, for some of them.

Not sure if the slightly reduced length of the Razor is worth it over the 7" configuration of the Surge for most users.   It's a beautiful can, though; you can't have one and not like it.
View Quote
Thanks for the info!

If the Surge in short configuration was 7", I'd go with that.  At 7.5", it's longer than the Omega w/ flat end cap and more than an inch longer than the Razor.  I really want to keep my SBR at or below the length of my 16" AR.

Unfortunate thing for me is that my two most important wants are good dB attenuation and short length.  Don't really go together well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well that's good to hear!  Now I just need SS, Hansohn Bros or Capitol to run an awesome Memorial Day suppressor sale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just remember everybody's hearing is different and what someone considers hearing safe/comfortable may not be the same for you. Also your environment (reflective surfaces) will have a significant effect.

Demo something similar to your use case. Don't just take someone's word and then be disappointed a year down the road.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I had my Omega on a 8.5 300blk and it was quite loud. I was very dissapointed.

I then used the Ti direct thread adapter amd put the Omega on my 11.5" 556 and it sounds fantastic! It now lives on that rifle.

Once I tried the Sandman L on the 300blk, there was no going back. Night and day difference.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why wait? Everything is negotiable. 
View Quote
I like the sound of that!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had my Omega on a 8.5 300blk and it was quite loud. I was very dissapointed.

I then used the Ti direct thread adapter amd put the Omega on my 11.5" 556 and it sounds fantastic! It now lives on that rifle.

Once I tried the Sandman L on the 300blk, there was no going back. Night and day difference.
View Quote
What ammo was you using on the 300blk with Omega?  I have a 8.5" 300blk with Omega but only run subs and it really quiet.  I also have a Sandman S and the Omega is way quieter.  I do like the fact the Omega is light and with the flat end cap is short for a 30cal suppressor and for 300blk subs I wanted as light and compact as possible keeping good suppression.

Although I have to say if I was in the market for a 300blk suppressor right now I would look hard at the Sig 762Ti in direct thread or one of the 'Q' products once solid reviews come out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I thought I was down to deciding between 2...again, but now I'm going down the rabbit hole...looking in to the Saker 556 and 556k.

At this point, I know I don't want the Sandman L or S because of weight.  Not really looking st Gemtech, Liberty, or YHM.  Not willing to pay a grand for the SF Socom RC or RC2 with not great dB reduction (I know there a lot of other great things about it).

I'm back up to deciding between:
- M4-2000
- M4SD II
- Razor
- Omega
- Saker

Thought I was set on dedicated 5.56...now I'm back to entertaining a .30 cal.

I'm about ready to give up!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
On my 300BO bolt action Rem 700, the Specwar 762 sounds a little better.  On my AAC AR-15 300BO 16", the Omega sounds better and has a little deeper tone.

I was really surprised by the Omega on the 16" 300BO AR-15, not that there is any real issue with the Specwar.  The 300BO doesn't heat the can as fast as other semi-auto's so, that is a plus for the compact lightweight Omega.  On a SBR, I will have to defer to someone else.

16" 308W AR-10's heat the Omega fast so, I'd go with the Specwar there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, I thought I was down to deciding between 2...again, but now I'm going down the rabbit hole...looking in to the Saker 556 and 556k.

At this point, I know I don't want the Sandman L or S because of weight.  Not really looking st Gemtech, Liberty, or YHM.  Not willing to pay a grand for the SF Socom RC or RC2 with not great dB reduction (I know there a lot of other great things about it).

- M4-2000
- M4SD II
- Razor
- Omega
- Saker

Thought I was set on dedicated 5.56...now I'm back to entertaining a .30 cal.

I'm about ready to give up!
View Quote
Do yourself a favor and consider whether you want to deal with company specific QD mounts.  QD mounts basically go obsolete over time but, years down the road you will own different uppers.

I initially dismissed GA M4SD options much to my regret years later.  I have two different styles of AAC QD's, thankfully only one SiCo QD mount style but, really want a Dead Air Sandman but, do I want yet another QD mount system?

I don't really like Direct Thread rifles but, I'm becoming anti-QD to a certain extent as well.  That being said, the SiCo ASR's work well for me so, do I go with a Saker or look for a close out Specwar?  I'm not really impressed with Saker's so, I'm looking at Dead Air and GA again.  At least my Omega can convert to DA Keymount!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What ammo was you using on the 300blk with Omega?  I have a 8.5" 300blk with Omega but only run subs and it really quiet.  I also have a Sandman S and the Omega is way quieter.  I do like the fact the Omega is light and with the flat end cap is short for a 30cal suppressor and for 300blk subs I wanted as light and compact as possible keeping good suppression.

Although I have to say if I was in the market for a 300blk suppressor right now I would look hard at the Sig 762Ti in direct thread or one of the 'Q' products once solid reviews come out.
View Quote
S&B 200g subs, Rem yellow box 220g subs.

I went from an SDN6 (which sounded pretty good) to tje direct thread Omega. It was so loud I was about to give up on the 300blk platform.  I gave it one last shot and bought a mount to put the Sandman L on. Now the L says on all the time!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

S&B 200g subs, Rem yellow box 220g subs.

I went from an SDN6 (which sounded pretty good) to tje direct thread Omega. It was so loud I was about to give up on the 300blk platform.  I gave it one last shot and bought a mount to put the Sandman L on. Now the L says on all the time!
View Quote
That is bizarre, the 300blk is where the Omega really shines. At least mine and those belonging to friend's do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That is bizarre, the 300blk is where the Omega really shines. At least mine and those belonging to friend's do.
View Quote
Yea, and it was tops in Gamerc's/Hanson Bros suppressor shoot and video too. I was present and it sounded best to me. I think that was the consensus as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yea, and it was tops in Gamerc's/Hanson Bros suppressor shoot and video too. I was present and it sounded best to me. I think that was the consensus as well.
View Quote
From what I have heard for the length and weight the Omega is a top performer.  Yes their is longer and heavier (quieter) but for the trade offs it pretty darn good.  A lot of factors comes into play like host, ammo and climates.  It would be great if you could test drive a suppressor before you purchase one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

From what I have heard for the length and weight the Omega is a top performer.  Yes their is longer and heavier (quieter) but for the trade offs it pretty darn good.  A lot of factors comes into play like host, ammo and climates.  It would be great if you could test drive a suppressor before you purchase one.
View Quote
As I have stated elsewhere, my SiCo Omega on my 16" 300BO AR-15 sounds better to me than the longer heavier SiCo Specwar.  On the bolt action Rem700 300BO, things are reversed.

The difference isn't huge but, it is easy to tell by ear to both the shooter and bystanders.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone have dB data for M4SD II, M4SDk, Recce 5, and M4-2000 on 10.5" or 11.5" SBR?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah that's really bizarre. I have an 8" 300blk with an Omega, use the same S&B ammo, and mine is stupidly quiet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone have dB data for M4SD II, M4SDk, Recce 5, and M4-2000 on 10.5" or 11.5" SBR?
View Quote
Have you considered the Griffin Alpha/Maximus/Paladin?

the mounting system is awesome, you can change between 22 and 30 cal endcaps and is only 14.5oz and 7.5". 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have you considered the Griffin Alpha/Maximus/Paladin?

the mounting system is awesome, you can change between 22 and 30 cal endcaps and is only 14.5oz and 7.5". 
View Quote
Good call...I did look at the Alpha, early on, but I really want to stick below 7".
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good call...I did look at the Alpha, early on, but I really want to stick below 7".
View Quote
Right on. I'm still waiting for mine but I had similar specs as you when I decided on it. 
The extra 1/2" is made up for by the weight in my mind. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#38]
If I can find a SpecWar 556k, would you guys take it over the M4SD II, M4SDk, AAC M4-2000, or Saker ASR 556k?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If I can find a SpecWar 556k, would you guys take it over the M4SD II, M4SDk, AAC M4-2000, or Saker ASR 556k?
View Quote
Sure, price dependent. I paid $399 for a specwar and wish it was the K
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Going out to the farm tomorrow to shoot my Razor tomorrow for the first time. It's mounted to a BCM 11.5" 5.56 upper. I only have the .30 cal endcap though.

So excited!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
All I can say is that my M4SDK is probably a hair quieter than the surefire RC2. I have also used a sig 556 and the m4sdk was way quieter than the sig.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
- M4-2000
- M4SD II
- Razor
- Omega
- Saker
View Quote
The AAC M4-2000 is a proven can with a long track record of general goodness.  I have a preference for SiCo ASR mounts over the AAC 51T but, they aren't as bad in my experience as people make them out to be and I would have no issue buying an M4-2000 today if I wasn't mount committed elsewhere.

The M4SD-II is the one I regret not buying long ago.  Buying QD mounts and playing musical rifles gets old pretty fast IMHO.

The Omega for me has been a great choice.  I like the SiCo ASR mounts and the light weight of this can.  It works exceptionally well according to my ears on a 300BO AR-15.

My friend's 5.56 Saker is underwhelming in my book.  It isn't a bad choice so, maybe my expectations were too high?  It is relatively small but, it is very heavy for size.  It retains a lot of heat for a long time after being shot which is a minor annoyance to most people.  My Omega works well, is lighter and, cools off faster.  Plus I can use it on a 308, 300BO, 6.8SPC, ...  Personally, I would go old school with a 5.56 Specwar over a Saker for a dedicated 5.56 SiCo can.  For QD mount reasons, I would not get an AAC M4-2000 today even though Capitol Armory has a really good price on them over the holiday weekend.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The AAC M4-2000 is a proven can with a long track record of general goodness.  I have a preference for SiCo ASR mounts over the AAC 51T but, they aren't as bad in my experience as people make them out to be and I would have no issue buying an M4-2000 today if I wasn't mount committed elsewhere.

The M4SD-II is the one I regret not buying long ago.  Buying QD mounts and playing musical rifles gets old pretty fast IMHO.

The Omega for me has been a great choice.  I like the SiCo ASR mounts and the light weight of this can.  It works exceptionally well according to my ears on a 300BO AR-15.

My friend's 5.56 Saker is underwhelming in my book.  It isn't a bad choice so, maybe my expectations were too high?  It is relatively small but, it is very heavy for size.  It retains a lot of heat for a long time after being shot which is a minor annoyance to most people.  My Omega works well, is lighter and, cools off faster.  Plus I can use it on a 308, 300BO, 6.8SPC, ...  Personally, I would go old school with a 5.56 Specwar over a Saker for a dedicated 5.56 SiCo can.  For QD mount reasons, I would not get an AAC M4-2000 today even though Capitol Armory has a really good price on them over the holiday weekend.
View Quote
My Recce 5 has been great for its size/suppression.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Going out to the farm tomorrow to shoot my Razor tomorrow for the first time. It's mounted to a BCM 11.5" 5.56 upper. I only have the .30 cal endcap though.

So excited!
View Quote
Going to need a report!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm finding it pretty hard to hold off on the M4-2000...at $476 through Capitol, or $577 with $200 Gift card through Silencer Shop...can I really pass it up???

I think the M4SD II, M4SD-K, or SpecWar 556k are the finalists now...if I don't spring for an M4-2K in the next couple of days...
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#46]
As mentioned, I have a Razor 7.62 on my BCM 11.5" BFH upper. I don't have much experience shooting with cans on rifles, so keep that in mind.

PMC .223 - ran fine, no hiccups.
American Eagle 5.56 - ran fine, no hiccups

Surprisingly, I had no gas to the face. I was expecting a little bukkake, like when I shoot my Glock suppressed, but there wasn't any. I thought I was going to have to buy an adjustable gas block, or BCG from Gemtech.

I am running an H3 buffer.

I did record video if anyone cares to listen to how it sounds while shooting the two types of ammunition.

Of course, I shot three rounds without my left earplug in, and I could hear the ringing after the first shot. It's definitely not hearing safe, but not something I'd do often.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As mentioned, I have a Razor 7.62 on my BCM 11.5" BFH upper. I don't have much experience shooting with cans on rifles, so keep that in mind.

PMC .223 - ran fine, no hiccups.
American Eagle 5.56 - ran fine, no hiccups

Surprisingly, I had no gas to the face. I was expecting a little bukkake, like when I shoot my Glock suppressed, but there wasn't any. I thought I was going to have to buy an adjustable gas block, or BCG from Gemtech.

I am running an H3 buffer.

I did record video if anyone cares to listen to how it sounds while shooting the two types of ammunition.

Of course, I shot three rounds without my left earplug in, and I could hear the ringing after the first shot. It's definitely not hearing safe, but not something I'd do often.
View Quote
Thanks for the info!  It's definitely staying on my list for the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top