Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2017 8:03:33 AM EDT
Title says it all. Looking to suppress my BCM Jack Carbine for anyone unfamiliar its a 14.5 with a BCM MOD 1 comp which fits A2 suppressors.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged. I'm in the same boat as OP. Need a good can for my Jacky Boy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Are yall wanting to limit your choices by sticking with A2s? If not, there are literally a ton of good cans on the market.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The Jack Carbine has a permanently installed muzzle device that was probably installed with a crush washer prior to being fixed in place. A2 mount suppressors generally require you to remove the crush washer and replace it with shims and Griffin Armament SD cans also have an overtravel stop that should be placed behind the muzzle device.

You are going to have to go through the process of removing the permanently attached muzzle device, which then opens you up to suppressors with proprietary mounts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Jack Carbine has a permanently installed muzzle device that was probably installed with a crush washer prior to being fixed in place. A2 mount suppressors generally require you to remove the crush washer and replace it with shims and Griffin Armament SD cans also have an overtravel stop that should be placed behind the muzzle device.

You are going to have to go through the process of removing the permanently attached muzzle device, which then opens you up to suppressors with proprietary mounts.
View Quote
Well thats fuckin gay. I might just do a pistol build instead and get a suppressor for that.

Eventually
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I would take a look at your MD mount to see if there is anything between the MD and the shoulder. If there is I would call BCM and ask what they used.

Then, if out of luck, have the MD removed and your choice of MD p&w. Or do a pistol build - but check the MD install first.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
What he said.  

Pick a can, send the muzzle device and the upper to ADCO, have ADCO remove the old device and install the new one, enjoy your suppressor in 12-24 months.

Clearly you're not dirt poor.  What's another hundred bucks?

Be sure the new muzzle device you pick is long enough.  Some of the short Griffin devices may not make it to 16".
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What he said.  

Pick a can, send the muzzle device and the upper to ADCO, have ADCO remove the old device and install the new one, enjoy your suppressor in 12-24 months.

Clearly you're not dirt poor.  What's another hundred bucks?

Be sure the new muzzle device you pick is long enough.  Some of the short Griffin devices may not make it to 16".
View Quote
I wanted to keep the jack in the config it came in otherwise it won't be a true jack carbine (petty i know) but thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that sucks

Also, you've piqued my curiosity on the phrase "recommend me"

Is it "make a recommendation" or "recommend to me"?
Off to google. Good luck on that pinned upper
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wanted to keep the jack in the config it came in otherwise it won't be a true jack carbine (petty i know) but thanks for your input.
View Quote
Sounds like an SBR tax stamp is in your future.  

Get the stamp, unpin the A2, properly shim it, then add the A2-compatible can of your choice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The above is true, if you stay with the A2 style I have the Griffin M4SD, M4SDK, and the Gemtech Halo TI, and I love all three but if I had to recommend one it would have to be the Griffin M4SD or the M4SDK just for the simplicity of the locking gate, and the Griffin hammer comps are great also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top