Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
On a side note; when is AAC going to get XGun stickers and a full range of XGun tee shirts in stock?  
Was considering another Element2 but went with a DA Mask instead last week.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you know if it was 6061 or 7075?
Ryder and GM9 are 1.25 but are also Aluminum, right?
View Quote
I just asked, they were 6061 T6.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Do you have a picture inside the shielded portion... what I am curious about is the front face, the portion that will face the muzzle.

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We have had the Xguns shirts in stock for around 8 months now. Stickers not so much unless you wanted the sticker pack which is always in stock.
View Quote
Only the small or a medium has been available for years. No big boy sizes in years .
You would think that you guys could slip a sticker or two in the box like other manufacturers do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is a photo of the one on display at NRA show. Didnt get to speak to anyone. The Freedom group booths was a ghost town. It was pretty sad. Marlin had 0 people looking at their products, besides me. The Remington booth was about the same. The one guy I seen that was working the AAC both was busy with a " I know more than you about silencer types" so I snapped the photo and moved on. They did have a display model in the K config on a Marlin Papoose and it looked awesome. Would of looked cooler if the stainless papoose was duracoated black.

upload imgcertificity.com
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to buy another Element II myself. The Element II is a great can still and only 4.1oz plus K baffle quietness
View Quote
Right?  Other than my integrals my Element II gets the most range time of all my 22lr cans.  It's stupid quiet, light, short, and can take a beating.  I don't really find it hard to clean either.

On the subject of the OP, the new can looks cool, but I'm just not sure how jazzed up I can get about modular 22lr cans.  On the small end I've got a Thompson WASP and I've only shot it once.  More of a novelty for me.  If I'm shooting 22lr, I want Hollywood quiet.  Guess I've gotten spoiled.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Swampfox,

Thanks for swinging in the booth! Yes we were spread pretty thin at the show and we had plenty of silencer "experts" give us some good advice The best one was the CIA guy that has a silencer made by the KGB that he found...

The Papoose we left naked, didn't want it look too tactical. Its a sweet package - old skool takedown 22...

http://i.imgur.com/crnOTzN.jpg
View Quote
Im glad y'all posted a pic of that. I forgot to take one.

Also wanted to ask but didnt get to. How does this sound compared to the element II? Do yall have any numbers?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Also wanted to ask but didnt get to. How does this sound compared to the element II? Do yall have any numbers?
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Given that we've never, ever, had anyone complain about the acoustic performance of either the Element or the Element 2, the Element family K baffle was the logical starting point for the baffle that became the Halcyon shielded K baffle. It was a relatively simple matter of adding the shielding spacer, and making the O.D. of the baffle an appropriate size to fit inside the I.D. of a commercially available Titanium tube, and that was mostly that. The indexing feature was something that took a bit of finesse. Most tab and notch alignment schemes simply involve a tab on the spacer, and a notch on the opposing feature. The typical scheme means that there will be openings in the spacer where fouling could potentially enter the spaces between the tube and spacer, making disassembly for cleaning and/or routine maintenance difficult. This drove the desire for a shielded tab and notch arrangement that would not compromise the cleanliness of the ID of the two tubes.

In a nutshell, the Halcyon performs right on par with the Element 1 and II. Same low FRP, same sweet K baffle tone. It comes apart easier for cleaning and maintenance, and (thanks to those same shielded spacers) is now rated for 5.7 x 28.

I agree with all of those that don't think the Elements are hard to take apart for cleaning. No, the Elements don't fall apart like a shielded baffle (cone or K) silencer. But the included pusher tool will extract the baffles from the tube no matter how dirty they get. With the shielded K's of the Halcyon, the cleaning interval is 1,000-2,000 rounds, depending on the quantity and quality of the gunk your favorite 22 ammo creates.

The beauty of the modularity really shines on a rifle. In the short config (3.41" OAL) on a 16" barrel with subsonic ammo, the sound signature is 117dB. That's backyard quiet. It's also hearing safe (135-137dB) on a Ruger Mk3 22/45 with Subsonic ammo in the short config. Add a little oil or grease to the short config, and the acoustic performance comes close to the full size configuration for a magazine of use.

I think the interchangeable thread inserts are a nice touch. We'll have 1/2-28, 3/8-24 (for the Smith and Wesson M&P Compact), and M10 x 1 for the all-important FiveseveN. We discussed making one for the P-22, but given the P-22 design, if you removed an adapted Halcyon from a P-22, the barrel sleeve would fall out the front of the slide. We felt it more important for the P-22 to stay together, so P-22 users will need to torque their 1/2-28 male adapter, and use a Halcyon with a female 1/2-28 adapter. There will also be a three-lug adapted coming soon. It was on display on the Smith and Wesson M&P Compact 22. We will have adapters for the three-lug for the M&P compact, the P-22 (the adapter stays on the barrel, no inadvertent self-disassembly), and universal 1/2-28. The three lug is very cleverly incorporated into the design.  

What other thread adapters and/or three-lug adapters would you folks like to see? Give me your ideas and we can see if there is a good business case to make them.

Ping me if you have any questions.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Anytime!

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Love my element 1.5
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Love my element 1.5
View Quote
You and me both.  Mine was the test case and the photo model.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered one.  Thanks HB.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This. The Element II is a great can and one of the gold standards for performance. As with the poster above, I wouldn't mind owning another one.
View Quote
THIS.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#21]
A video showcasing the assembly (especially the rear mount) may push me over the edge on this.

If this was a lighter nonmodular can I would have probably already ordered it. I just can't take advantage of the 2 sizes and would have preferred to shave some ounces.

Great work however.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
This came out like right after I bought a Rugged Oculus for my PS90 sbr.

Probably going to buy one of these too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This came out like right after I bought a Rugged Oculus for my PS90 sbr.

Probably going to buy one of these too.
View Quote
I'm torn between the Oculus and the Halcyon but right now I am leaning toward the Oculus due to the Rugged promo on the free RX and muzzle device.  Figure I could sell both and net at least $225 so that makes the Oculus about $175 vs cheapest Halcyon at $345 so unless some really good deal comes up on the  AAC before June 30th I will go with the Oculus.

I do like some Halcyon features better though: tool less assembly, lighter weight and future 3 lug mount.

Decisions, decisions.....
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top