BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2017 1:47:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What about those of us who want more than"just the tip"?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Question: am I paying sales tax on things on your website?
8.5%?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be interested to know when the new model will be shipping to dealers so we can plan accordingly. If it's 1 month out or  6 months out that's fine just trying to get a idea for guys looking to buy today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wait until Friday to get the full 6 inches!
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Halcyon
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Halcyon
View Quote

Nice. TFB has an article on it here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Man I like the looks of it a lot. Bye bye another $400 plus stamp cost from my wallet
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Man I like the looks of it a lot. Bye bye another $400 plus stamp cost from my wallet
View Quote

Definitely some neat new tech presented. I wonder how hard it is to maintain tolerance stackup with the removable/interchangeable thread mount.

Because it will be compared with the Oculus (and based on mfr published numbers):

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Definitely some neat new tech presented. I wonder how hard it is to maintain tolerance stackup with the removable/interchangeable thread mount.

Because it will be compared with the Oculus (and based on mfr published numbers):

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/Halcyon_vs_Oculus_zpsuxhazs08.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/Halcyon_vs_Oculus_zpsuxhazs08.jpg
The Halcyon is Ø1.120 OD.

The adapters are pretty tight fit in the socket, and there is an o-ring seal in there.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]
ETA to dealers?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Should be 60-90 days. We have them in stock in Huntsville, ready to go.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#14]
and my stamp for an AAC Element II recently came in
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Very interesting, even thought I don't really need another rimfire can
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to buy another Element II myself. The Element II is a great can still and only 4.1oz plus K baffle quietness
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to buy another Element II myself. The Element II is a great can still and only 4.1oz plus K baffle quietness
View Quote

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#18]
How easy is it to disassemble after it is really dirty? What is the recommended firing schedule between cleanings? It looks like the baffles are shielded (except the thread insert), correct?

Not having to fight 22 cans to get them apart and keep them from being a "sealed" can is important to me. Also, thanks for being a presence on this forum!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How easy is it to disassemble after it is really dirty? What is the recommended firing schedule between cleanings? It looks like the baffles are shielded (except the thread insert), correct?

Not having to fight 22 cans to get them apart and keep them from being a "sealed" can is important to me. Also, thanks for being a presence on this forum!
View Quote
The recommended cleaning interval of the Halcyon is 1,000-2,000 rounds. As has been mentioned, you are the best judge of how often and how thoroughly you clean your 22 silencer. Different 22 ammo leaves different quantities (and qualities) of crud inside a silencer.

The Halcyon will be one of the easiest rimfire cans to disassemble for cleaning/maintenance, or configuration changes, due to the tool-less design.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

So this has been my experience with the Gemtech Alpine, which shares a similar looking baffle design, with regards to the placement of the shielding, as the Halcyon:

On my Alpine, I found that fouling would go through the mouse holes and stick on the inner surface of the shield and builds up in the area right where the mouse hole is:

When trying to disassemble the Alpine, you have to pull against and break up that fouling for the cone to come out:

Which can make it difficult to separate the baffles if there's a lot of build up on the inner wall of the shield.

Keep in mind this is what I experienced with the Alpine. It may or may not happen on the Halcyon based on their baffle dimensions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. The Element II is a great can and one of the gold standards for performance. As with the poster above, I wouldn't mind owning another one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Interested to see how this can meters, probably gonna be in the market for a second 22 can but I'm a bit jaded since my first was a Mask
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So this has been my experience with the Gemtech Alpine, which shares a similar looking baffle design, with regards to the placement of the shielding, as the Halcyon:

http://i.imgur.com/wI8NocO.png

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/12/DISASSEMBLY-Author-shot_phatchfinal.jpg

On my Alpine, I found that fouling would go through the mouse holes and stick on the inner surface of the shield and builds up in the area right where the mouse hole is:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/CagedK_zps793cc428.jpg

When trying to disassemble the Alpine, you have to pull against and break up that fouling for the cone to come out:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/Caged-K2_zpsf55e4a74.jpg

Which can make it difficult to separate the baffles if there's a lot of build up on the inner wall of the shield.

Keep in mind this is what I experienced with the Alpine. It may or may not happen on the Halcyon based on their baffle dimensions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wI8NocO.png

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/12/DISASSEMBLY-Author-shot_phatchfinal.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/CagedK_zps793cc428.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/Caged-K2_zpsf55e4a74.jpg

From your diagrams, it appears the opening of the cone element of the Alpine baffle was a pretty close fit in the ID of the tubular spacer element. With the Halcyon baffle stack assembled, the opening of the cone rests inside a counterbore on the backside of the disk element of the baffle. The opening of the cone, and the counterbore, have about .020" of clearance per side from the I.D. of the spacer element where any buildup would occur, so you'd have to have a lot of buildup to experience difficulty separating Halcyon baffles from one another.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Msrp?

I was buying an oculus this week. I don't own an aac can. Why should I buy this over the oculus?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
$450.00 MSRP. Street price will, of course, be less $$$$$$$.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

From your diagrams, it appears the opening of the cone element of the Alpine baffle was a pretty close fit in the ID of the tubular spacer element. With the Halcyon baffle stack assembled, the opening of the cone rests inside a counterbore on the backside of the disk element of the baffle. The opening of the cone, and the counterbore, have about .020" of clearance per side from the I.D. of the spacer element where any buildup would occur, so you'd have to have a lot of buildup to experience difficulty separating Halcyon baffles from one another.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
View Quote
Got it. Very cool design feature - thanks for clarifying/explaining!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Should be 60-90 days. We have them in stock in Huntsville, ready to go.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
View Quote
I LOVE that y'all are in Bama!

Any chance of special/comemerative run for us Bama guys? It's your first suppressor produced here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks good. Can't wait to see and hear more about it in the coming days.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn.  Can I trade in my AAC Element2?!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Can it take full auto 5.7 from a 7" barrel?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can it take full auto 5.7 from a 7" barrel?
View Quote
I want to party with you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#36]
i am really interested in this one... are there more images of the baffles coming?  I am curious what the front face of the baffles looks like.  

Are they relatively flat faced shielded K's or is there something else going on.  I haven't seen any good pictures yet.

also I really like the name for a 22 can. I had to look it up, and I still can't pronounce it but...

Halcyon: "denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful."

is a pretty good fit for where we all hope you guys are headed, and the company's history.

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
AR57's bump really nice with an S3G trigger.  I crushed the baffle stack in my .22 can in one 50rd burst

Small time SOT's can, he told me to let him know how it goes with 5.7, lol.  It's repaired and back on my .22 now.  No more 5.7 use.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#39]
If you are familiar with the face of the Element/Element 2 baffles, the Halcyon baffle face will be completely recognizable to you. We simply took the best K baffle design and added a shielding spacer (well, it wasn't exactly that easy, but not far from it).

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]
If you want 5.7 full-auto from a 7" barrel, I'd like to introduce you to the M4-2000.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ditto

Quoted:
AR57's bump really nice with an S3G trigger.  I crushed the baffle stack in my .22 can in one 50rd burst

Small time SOT's can, he told me to let him know how it goes with 5.7, lol.  It's repaired and back on my .22 now.  No more 5.7 use.
Got a picture?!? That sounds awesome
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you want 5.7 full-auto from a 7" barrel, I'd like to introduce you to the M4-2000.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
View Quote
This......
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This......
View Quote
Why not a mini 4?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
View Quote
External diameter is too large.  I have to stay under 1.375 to fit under the monolithic hand guards.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ditto

Got a picture?!? That sounds awesome
View Quote
It's the top SBR in this picture.  I don't have a can mounted on it here.  Got one in the works, but I've also got a PS90 SBR on a form 4 coming as well.  I'll need a can for each.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I think I need one
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's the top SBR in this picture.  I don't have a can mounted on it here.  Got one in the works, but I've also got a PS90 SBR on a form 4 coming as well.  I'll need a can for each.
View Quote
Pretty sure he wanted to see a picture of the crushed baffle stack... And so do I!

Eta: nice rifles though!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pretty sure he wanted to see a picture of the crushed baffle stack... And so do I!

Eta: nice rifles though!
View Quote
I don't think I got a picture.  Tapped the baffles out with a hammer. The baffle stack had lost about 3/4" in length.  Most of them slid back and forth pretty easily but one was stuck.  They were aluminum baffles, so I wasn't too surprised they didn't take the pressure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't think I got a picture.  Tapped the baffles out with a hammer. The baffle stack had lost about 3/4" in length.  Most of them slid back and forth pretty easily but one was stuck.  They were aluminum baffles, so I wasn't too surprised they didn't take the pressure.
View Quote
Do you know if it was 6061 or 7075?
Ryder and GM9 are 1.25 but are also Aluminum, right?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top