Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 11:11:00 PM EDT
What is the coating that is used on the 7.62 SD?

I just got mine today after purchasing on 5/14/16... gotta love the ATF!

I have noticed after only shooting today, less than 50 rounds, the coating is starting to come off in places. Please advise if this is common (hope not)
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry you've run into an issue with a brand new AAC can. We had some issues with our Cerakote process after moving our facility. If you'll shoot me an e-mail at the address below, I'll have someone from customer service contact you tomorrow morning and get you an RMA to send your 762-SD back to the factory. We will get it back in your hands with a fresh finish pronto.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I too have issues with my coating. I got a brand new 556sd back in Nov 2015 and there were scratches already on it. No way was i sending it back after waiting 8 months to get my stamp.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I too have issues with my coating. I got a brand new 556sd back in Nov 2015 and there were scratches already on it. No way was i sending it back after waiting 8 months to get my stamp.
View Quote
I declined to send in my SOCOM Mini for a similar issue - especially paying shipping. It's a tool, not a piece of art
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We pay the shipping both ways and it's a day or two turnaround right now. Some people don't care on the finish and some so we have you covered.
View Quote
Good Job AAC. So far I'm impressed, not many companies respond to forum questions and issues.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I declined to send in my SOCOM Mini for a similar issue - especially paying shipping. It's a tool, not a piece of art
View Quote
Then why did you get FDE?

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Then why did you get FDE?

View Quote
I'm not a savage!
Actually IIRC, either they were the exact same price or the dealer didn't even have black
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
AAC has turned things around after the “move”. My m4-2000 had some missing paint on it when it was new. I’ll be blasting it with grill paint when it gets worse.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Got 762 and 556 SDs...finish is beautiful after many rounds so I don't think thats normal...
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My sdn6 finish has worn off from being in the box. I just figured I would refinish it eventually but the original finish comes off by looking at it sideways. Makes it easier for me to look tier 1 instead of safe queen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a baffle strike on my brand new m4-2000 and gave aac a mouthful that I now feel pretty ashamed about and they still took care of me. Looks like they had to cut it apart and fix it but I've put almost 1000 rounds through it now with no problems and did not cost me anything but a little more time. It is defiantly a tool and as long as it works as advertised I'm not greatly concerned about looks, well maybe a little but not that much.

I will still buy another acc with all I went through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top