Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's quite fun. It significantly changes the shooting experience, as hanging any long weight on the end of your muzzle will tend to do. For me, it increases the stability while aiming, and drastically reduces muzzle rise and follow-up shot time.

Sure it gets the pistol dirtier quicker, but so what? My favorite is a HK Mark 23 + TiRant .45 (which is the size of some SBRs lol). I love nailing armadillos and nutria with that combo. It's great!
I've never gotten it dirty enough to malfunction either. I usually wet the can by dipping it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suppress everything.

Is suppressd pistol shooting as much fun as rimfire, rifle, and SBR?  Not so much, though it depends on the host and use.

It has its value, for example, it's a lot easier to go hiking with a holstered pistol and a can in a pouch than carrying a rifle with a can around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Suppress everything.

Is suppressd pistol shooting as much fun as rimfire, rifle, and SBR?  Not so much, though it depends on the host and use.

It has its value, for example, it's a lot easier to go hiking with a holstered pistol and a can in a pouch than carrying a rifle with a can around.
 Suppressed pistol shooting can be more fun than suppressed rifle shooting because ear pro is optional/NR.

If you can, you should fight the noise.

Quoted:
I have an HK VP9 with raised suppressor sights and an RMR......it is
pretty sweet over a standard handgun with a threaded barrel.  I've had a
threaded M9 with raised Millet sights and a HK P30 with standard
sights.....definitely more fun with the VP9.
I have a stock-ish VP9 - Silencerco threaded barrel -  and like it alot. It's what a Glock 17/19 (I'm not a Glock guy) wants to be out of the box. BUT, my VP9 does not suppress well. My P226, FNX, and 1911 all beat it by 3 dB easily when suppressed.

edit: the scotch made me do it...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just think if you didn't havta clean 'em.
View Quote
That's why I have a tumbler drum just for baffles.

I shoot the centerfire pistols with cans mostly for practice and to let new shooters try something cool.     Rimfire pistol, on the other hand - I don't have much use for them not suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Only done it once at an event with a VP9 tactical, but it was fantastic and I can't wait for my stamp to clear so I can shoot my Mark 23 suppressed.  I don't get the big deal about 'suppressor height' sights.  It was not the slightest bit difficult to shoot with standard sights.  Maybe it's different for other brands that don't use cover hold already.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 Suppressed pistol shooting can be more fun than suppressed rifle shooting because ear pro is optional/NR.

If you can, you should fight the noise.

I have a stock-ish VP9 - Silencerco threaded barrel -  and like it alot.  BUT, my VP9 does not suppress well. My P226, FNX, and 1911 all beat it by 3 dB easily when suppressed.

edit: the scotch made me do it...
View Quote
Wow, my Stock VP9 with a Silencer Co threaded barrel on my Rugged Obsidian rocks. Out of the VP9, PPQ, and FNX-T it is by the far best host in my opinion. (I Do need to get more hosts, but that is another story altogether.)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top