Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2017 4:27:07 PM EDT
I just got this a few days ago and I haven't shot it yet. I bought the the CZ scorpion mount and had it mounted just fine then I bought another mount or two and now it seems one of them is stuck in the piston housing. Anyone know how to remove it? Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I'm confused.... don't the Hybrid direct thread mounts screw directly into the tube, NOT the piston housing?

Can you get the direct thread adapter wrench (with the pins sticking out) onto that adapter you've threaded into the piston housing?

Try putting an old brass punch or similar through the piston housing to give yourself some leverage?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The Octane, Hybrid piston housing, and even the Harvester share the same thread pitch. Thier mounts aren't necessarily the best option to mix between their intended cans.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It took a little doing but I got it undone. Looks like I'll be returning that mount. It might have worked but that was a pita getting back off. Sucks that my LGS doesn't have a better selection of these accessories in stock, I hate ordering things like this that I'm not 100% sure about. I called SilencerCo and asked how to mount the Salvo 12 to my KSG in regards to the barrel but and they said contact Kel-Tec. It took 10 months to get these suppressors, hopefully it won't be that long before I get to use them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I'm confused.... don't the Hybrid direct thread mounts screw directly into the tube, NOT the piston housing?

Can you get the direct thread adapter wrench (with the pins sticking out) onto that adapter you've threaded into the piston housing?

Try putting an old brass punch or similar through the piston housing to give yourself some leverage?
View Quote
The direct thread adapter wrench for the Hybrid was too big but I borrowed a smaller one for a different suppressor that worked. I think the scorpion evo specific mount that I bought has to actually screw into the piston housing. I haven't seen any other model specific mounts aside from that one so I guess I figured as long as the thread pitch was the same it would work. Which I guess it would but I'd have to order that smaller wrench and fight the removal of that mount every time. I'm still waiting on an Omega9k and I'd rather not get too carried away buying accessories until that one arrives.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Octane, Hybrid piston housing, and even the Harvester share the same thread pitch. Thier mounts aren't necessarily the best option to mix between their intended cans.
View Quote
You got that right! I've got an Omega9k coming so when I get that I'm going to sit down and try to figure out everything I need as far as accessories and thread pitches go. Probably should start off with one of those thread pitch charts that are hanging on the aisle at the hardware store because some of these muzzles are kinda screwy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like I'll be returning that mount. It might have worked but that was a pita getting back off. Sucks that my LGS doesn't have a better selection of these accessories in stock, I hate ordering things like this that I'm not 100% sure about.
View Quote
Go to the SilencerCo page for the Hybrid and follow the link to Accessories, get the part #s of whatever mounts you want.  Order from site vendors at substantial discount....

IMO, changing suppressor mounts sucks, so pick something common instead.  I went 51T for my rifle caliber gear - albeit on a different can of course.  3-lug is a nice choice for pistol caliber fixed-barrel hosts, SiCo has a mount system, etc.  The advantage there is that you put muzzle devices on your hosts and then the can goes on them without changing anything.

If you're really going to swap mounts all the time, slap some anti-sieze on them and use the Hybrid dedicated mounts which are the same diameter as the piston housing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top