Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 1:35:03 PM EDT
Currently using an old AAC Cylcone on my 5.56 guns, but the weight and length is giving me the blues. What have y'all shot or run that is better?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Thanks. Leaning toward the YHM Ti...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Shorten the whole rig by getting rid of the mount. Spartan 3 @ 12oz, 6.2"
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Delta P Design Brevis II Ultra

Their current 5.56 model weighs 7.5 oz and is 3.7" long.

My Review of the Brevis II Ultra
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#7]
This recommendation kinda trumps the rest.

Very nice set up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#8]
YHM Phantom Ti
Love it
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
YHM Phantom Ti
Love it
View Quote
Thank you, may just go ahead and get the .30 cal version of this one. A couple of ounces vs the dedicated 5.56 seems like a no brainer for versatility.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shorten the whole rig by getting rid of the mount. Spartan 3 @ 12oz, 6.2"
View Quote
It comes with a pre-drilled for bPin and weld.

Make it an one-stamp.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
GA Recce 5
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GA Recce 5
View Quote
Love mine
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I hear good things about the GA Spartan 3
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you, may just go ahead and get the .30 cal version of this one. A couple of ounces vs the dedicated 5.56 seems like a no brainer for versatility.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YHM Phantom Ti
Love it
I went with the 7.62 LT
The LT titanium world be nice, but It wasnt within my buget.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Ounces out at the end of a rifle really add up. I have gone almost exclusively direct thread as not only are the QD cans themselves heavier, you also have to account for the weight of whatever muzzle device (typically around 3 ounces). For that reason I was stoked on the idea of the Sig cans. Wanted a Ti direct thread, but they were unobtanium so I got the Sig SRD556 (steel direct thread).
It just got out of jail this week. I had heard buzzing that Sig's quoted weights were "optimistic" but I have not seen any concrete numbers posted. However I was a bit bummed when I tossed my long awaited can on the scale:

Sig quoted weight: 11.5 oz
Actual weight: 14.6 oz
Difference: 3.1 oz
Percentage off from original spec: 27%

I understand there will be some slight deviation for production variables. However, 27% off from a quoted spec seems excessive. Especially in light of the fact that one of Sig's marketing points was the lightweight thing.

FYI: My SilencerCo Omega with direct thread and 5.56 endcap weighs 13.4 oz.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I love my M4SDK. It specs out similar to the Surefire 212 but with a more universal mount and meters better.

I also got to try a production HALO-GMT-Ti and loved it; standard length, but super light and very quiet.

I'd recommend either.
View Quote

Got my Halo Ti a couple months ago.  It is excellent.  Not having to buy a bunch of adapters is the best.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ounces out at the end of a rifle really add up. I have gone almost exclusively direct thread as not only are the QD cans themselves heavier, you also have to account for the weight of whatever muzzle device (typically around 3 ounces). For that reason I was stoked on the idea of the Sig cans. Wanted a Ti direct thread, but they were unobtanium so I got the Sig SRD556 (steel direct thread).
It just got out of jail this week. I had heard buzzing that Sig's quoted weights were "optimistic" but I have not seen any concrete numbers posted. However I was a bit bummed when I tossed my long awaited can on the scale:

Sig quoted weight: 11.5 oz
Actual weight: 14.6 oz
Difference: 3.1 oz
Percentage off from original spec: 27%

I understand there will be some slight deviation for production variables. However, 27% off from a quoted spec seems excessive. Especially in light of the fact that one of Sig's marketing points was the lightweight thing.

FYI: My SilencerCo Omega with direct thread and 5.56 endcap weighs 13.4 oz.
View Quote
I had the same issue with a YHM suppressor being a couple oz heavier than it was listed on their website. It was a titanium model, which I paid extra for because of the reduction in weight.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

SAS Eadrom TI 5.5" long 9ozs
34-35 DB's of reduction.
Plus SAS is running a $200 off retail sale. Taxed Enough still going on.

Thanks
RLTW
Steve
816-718-9489
View Quote
Ignore this recommendation at your own peril, this can is the industry leader, problem is very few people know it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ignore this recommendation at your own peril, this can is the industry leader, problem is very few people know it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SAS Eadrom TI 5.5" long 9ozs
34-35 DB's of reduction.
Plus SAS is running a $200 off retail sale. Taxed Enough still going on.

Thanks
RLTW
Steve
816-718-9489
How tough are these? Their website says it's rated down to a 8" barrel, but I would have serious concerns about a can that small and light surviving on an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I wouldnt, I tried to kill it, but if you do they will make it right no questions asked.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Need more info!

More info on performance please!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Need more info!

View Quote
What Info do you need? It's awesome and sound reduction is basically the same as the other full sized suppressors I own. Really the only downsize is the price, if they could get it under $1000 for the titanium version it would dominate the suppressor market. Buy one, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#24]
How is POI shift?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How is POI shift?
View Quote
There is none out to 100 yards. Not sure beyond that, its on a 10.5" barrel and I have a 1x red dot so groups are too large to really track a POI shift out that far.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Need more info!

View Quote
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/11/delta-p-design-brevis/
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How is POI shift?
View Quote
Note that the Brevis II Ultra is a DT suppressor, with wrench flats. And their cite says "servicing the barrel," which I take to mean cleaning the barrel, can be done with the suppressor mounted.

Oooh, I want....
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Note that the Brevis II Ultra is a DT suppressor, with wrench flats. And their cite says "servicing the barrel," which I take to mean cleaning the barrel, can be done with the suppressor mounted.

Oooh, I want....
View Quote
Yes it can be cleaned with the suppressor mounted, patches or a bore snake it doesn't matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top