Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 10:36:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to need the upgrade but then again I have a Specwar for those calibers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
holy cow. This is amazing. So if my mystic-x has serial MX22__, then all I have to do is order the stainless steel adapter?

To say that liberty has impressed me is an understatement.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep..all you need is this in the right thread pitch-

Fixed Barrel Adapter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fixed Barrel Adapter
Nope, sounds like you have to upgrade your monocore.

If you have a serial number lower than MX2600, we will be offering an upgrade program so stay tuned.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fixed BarrelAdapter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
holy cow. This is amazing. So if my mystic-x has serial MX22__, then all I have to do is order this new stainless steel adapter?

To say that liberty has impressed me is an understatement.

Fixed BarrelAdapter
Wrong...read again...MX2600 and ABOVE. Your MX22xx is below...you need to wait for the upgrade program.

ETA late to the punch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
How about that!   Mine is MX26xx.    Thats great news because all the crap I have to buy for it in addition to the can is pricey.   More uses.

Revised list of supressors
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Any word on the Cosmic? Because I have a Cosmic and if the Mystic X get's all the fun I will be really sad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That is pretty impressive. I always thought of the Mystic  as a heavy-duty pistol can.  The trade-off being its pretty big. The fact that it could handle limited .223 was impressive. But this takes it a fair bit beyond that.

Having said that, I don't plan to upgrade my Mystic. The Mystic-X was announced while I was waiting on the transfer of my original model Mystic. I had considered having it sent in and upgraded while I was waiting. But the more I thought about it, the less sense it made to me. The upgrade is more than half the price of the can. At the end of the day, you end up paying a lot for what you get. At this point, I would rather pay a little more and get another can.

But for a person's first can, it's going to be tough to beat for versatility.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is pretty impressive. I always thought of the Mystic  as a heavy-duty pistol can.  The trade-off being its pretty big. The fact that it could handle limited .223 was impressive. But this takes it a fair bit beyond that.

Having said that, I don't plan to upgrade my Mystic. The Mystic-X was announced while I was waiting on the transfer of my original model Mystic. I had considered having it sent in and upgraded while I was waiting. But the more I thought about it, the less sense it made to me. The upgrade is more than half the price of the can. At the end of the day, you end up paying a lot for what you get. At this point, I would rather pay a little more and get another can.

View Quote
Good point.  The upgrade is pricey.   Mine is the new version and I dont even have it yet.  Had it been around 100 less on the serial, id have the old version and would have to pay even more if I wanted the upgrade.  Wouldnt be happy and I would too put that money towards a different can.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed. Mystic X was my first and has served me well. At this point however I think I'm done spending money on mounts and won't plan to do the upgrade unless I'm sending it in for repair. .30 cal is nice but I now have .30 cal cans in the collection.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I emailed liberty asking about the upgrade, and the said that the new mystic-x is 1oz heavier. Still totally worth it.

Now I can get rid of this old baffle struck core

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sent off my Mystic today. Gonna be a nervous wreck until I know it was delivered.

I had forgotten how long I have had mine... SN is "LM0xx".
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any word on the Cosmic? Because I have a Cosmic and if the Mystic X get's all the fun I will be really sad.
View Quote
This...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup, this is a nice upgrade.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
wonder how much it will be to upgrade
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
wonder how much it will be to upgrade
View Quote
It's on their site. $375, plus $20 return shipping.

They got mine Thursday. So in 3 weeks I'll have a new silencer, and maybe next year I'll have the one I paid for in September 2016.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#18]
another 375.00 upgrade.

Honestly Id need to hear it on a 308 before I dump the money into it. Need to see it tested.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

"The Cosmic will never be rated for full power rifle rounds as it would take significant engineering changes to make it compatible with the pressures associated with those rounds. The mystic x, though similar in external appearance, is a completely different animal on the inside. To make a 45 silencer capable of handling these pressure levels will be a NPI and not an upgrade... So any mystic/cosmic upgrades will not carry this caliber change."

Dave@liberty
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine back Wednesday, tried it on my Grendel yesterday. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but it worked fine.

I don't know the legalities and such, but even the outer tube appears to be brand new. It looks very very nice.

Gotta get my 300wsm threaded now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top