BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That would be the true definition of MAGA......what I would give for him to do that.
View Quote
What is maga?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is maga?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be the true definition of MAGA......what I would give for him to do that.
What is maga?
See signature.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So then why does the HPA have 125 Sponsors in the House? Including 5 Democrats. That pretty much shoots down everything you are saying above.

H.R. 367 Co-Sponsors
View Quote
I hope you're right.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Naive in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
could is a statement of possibility.  Aka could.... or could not.

When I read your title and opened this I expected a statement of fact to accompany it.
View Quote
This.

I think we all did. Not more could's, maybes, and hopes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Donnelly is anti-gun BUT he represents Indiana and HAS to cast just enough 2A votes to keep the rural communities giving him just enough votes to stay in office.  I.e. when his vote doesn't matter, he'll go 2A just to say he respects the Second Amendment.

If it comes down to a single vote, unless every day Hooiser in the state calls his office, it's unlikely he'll buck his party.

I do think HPA will pass sometime in the next 3.5 years but I get the feeling it's going to later rather than sooner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hahahahahaha.  It will never pass.  I love the enthusiasm though
View Quote
HPA passing is a lot less of a long shot than Trump winning was, even if you thought he stood a chance from the start.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since Trump is open to regulatory reform, the best short term solution would be for him to rescind Rule 41F while at the same time eliminating the CLEO sign-off and fingerprint card submission requirements for individuals.
View Quote
Fingerprint cards for individuals are a statutory requirement; the president can't eliminate that on his own.  But the rest, yes, he could do that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wow, remarkable! I still haven't got a reply from my republican congresswoman and I don't see her on the list. Kind of a dang shame, considering Cuellar, a Dem and my old rep when I lived down south, is on there.

ETA: I only see 2 dem cosponsors on there. Where did 5 come from?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So then why does the HPA have 125 Sponsors in the House? Including 5 Democrats. That pretty much shoots down everything you are saying above.

H.R. 367 Co-Sponsors
Wow, remarkable! I still haven't got a reply from my republican congresswoman and I don't see her on the list. Kind of a dang shame, considering Cuellar, a Dem and my old rep when I lived down south, is on there.

ETA: I only see 2 dem cosponsors on there. Where did 5 come from?
You are correct. Definitely 2. It was a typo. I was surprised there were any.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#11]
It hasn't even made it to the open floor yet, and you're sure it's going to pass?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are correct. Definitely 2. It was a typo. I was surprised there were any.
View Quote
My representative is one of them. Damn proud he co-sponsored! Unfortunately he's a democrat but he's still more Pro 2nd amendment than most Liberals.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My representative is one of them. Damn proud he co-sponsored! Unfortunately he's a democrat but he's still more Pro 2nd amendment than most Liberals.
View Quote
A rare bird indeed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Considering how crazy things are right now, this is so so so low on the list of things to even look at I highly doubt even if it passed they would want it.

They need the heat to be low until things stabilize

I just feel bad for the people that read these and actually wait
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
SilencerCo just posted this to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfGc_tGCmcg
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
SilencerCo just posted this to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfGc_tGCmcg
View Quote
Devoid of actual content or news. Sound quality makes it annoying.

A better version with better sound:

Schoolhouse Rock - "I''m Just a Bill"
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#17]
THis entire charade disgusts me. A law has to be made to "give" us back our freedoms that we already constitutionally have?!  

Scam. Those scum politicians must laugh at us plebes every day.  

And it's our own damn fault. Begging and hoping for our overlords to pass a bill to give us rights we already have.  

No other grown up has any business telling another grown up what to do if the actions of said grown up aren't hurting anyone. That's called freedom.

Anyone who's done any amount of reading on the forefathers knows their intent. They were very forthcoming about it.

The country they envisioned and made is no longer. It's just a sad shell of what it used to be.

Sorry for the depressing rant. I'm in a shitty mood.

Asking permission for rights.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Wish the president could wipe out the silencer / short barrel act of 1934 with a pen and a phone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's the other issue, IF it passed, then was overturned during the next election, what a shit show that would be?

And for any of the cry babies saying "stop talking bad about it! Dont say anything if you cant at least be positive wahhh wahhh" well guess what, there are 2 sides fighting, one for and one against, you don't win a movement by thinking of all the good things about something, you have to think about how to respond to the negative press and issues that may come of it. I am welcome to anyone that is against anything I say, that's good, that means there is an argument for something that will be brought up.

I also think there is a middle ground they should have fought for that would have greatly increased the chances and still been sufficient to make us happy, not totally wiping it out, its just a long shot then and if its knocked down its harder to get something new going
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This is what is so frustrating to me...how many times have we heard the argument that congress has bigger fish to fry? Immigration/The Wall, the budget, tax reform, healthcare (lol), etc. There just isn't any time to get the HPA on the floor.

But they can find time to vote on this!

House of Representatives votes 232-184 to do away with Broadband Privacy

As far as HPA goes it's just shows that there is time for things outside the bigger (to people outside our group) items.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Byrd Rule is the problem though since it allows senators to block provisions of reconciliation bills easily.  For a lot more information, check out this Introduction to Budget Reconciliation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO, it will be part of the tax cuts, which will be part of the budget reconciliation process, so it will be both added to a larger bill and go through reconciliation. (There are caveats in the Byrd Rule, but it would take Republican balls, which are ever shrinking it seems.) if I'm right, late summer into the fall... part of the "200 Day Plan."
The Byrd Rule is the problem though since it allows senators to block provisions of reconciliation bills easily.  For a lot more information, check out this Introduction to Budget Reconciliation.
Wasn't the ACA done under reconciliation?

That was not 10 yr neutral and it does not sunset.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Do...or do not...there is no try!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#24]
This was just a fantasy of Trump leg humpers thinking he'd be the messiah and save us all.  As if the GOP would play along with it and as if Trump even cares about the 2nd Amendment.  He fooled enough people to become President.  His job is done in his eyes
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wasn't the ACA done under reconciliation?

That was not 10 yr neutral and it does not sunset.

Am I wrong?
View Quote
The CBO is a leftist organization and scored Obummer Care so it fit reconciliation. The "tax", which increased over time, for not signing up was the phony source of revenue to offset the (purposefully) understated cost to the treasury as I understand it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top