Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 11:47:25 AM EDT
Like the title says.

Looking for advice on what's the easiest to service if you only service every 500-1000 rounds.

I don't want a monocore though and I'd prefer something with stainless or Ti internals.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Each manufacturer will give you instructions on how to take their can apart.
Cleaning the internals usually takes some soaking
Do a search for the posts about pre-treating the can with heat and oil to make cleaning easier
You can also search for threads about using "the dip", but don't use that on the tube if you value the finish. In fact, that is true about most cleaners.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My SS sparrow is stupid easy to clean
But a monocore
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Like the title says.

Looking for advice on what's the easiest to service if you only service every 500-1000 rounds.

I don't want a monocore though and I'd prefer something with stainless or Ti internals.
View Quote

Prodigy, hard to beat a tapered core

eta

oops, rif fail NOT monocore.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a spetcre 2 and a sparrow.

I like cleaning the spectre A LOT more, baffles go in my SS tumbler with my .45 octane baffles. 1 hr later all clean.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Shielded baffle designs are all fairly easy to get out of the tube. There really isn't a best. I wouldn't use that has the deciding criteria for a rimfire can.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
From my stash I would vote Spectre II or Mask.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shielded baffle designs are all fairly easy to get out of the tube. There really isn't a best. I wouldn't use that has the deciding criteria for a rimfire can.
View Quote

What he said! What is your main goal/host other than what already been posted?

<---ss sparrow, sure fire ss, mask hd and scepter ii owner - each one has a role and pros and cons-
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if painting the baffles with Perma Slik or some other moly coating when they are new would make cleaning easier. Couldn't hurt I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
As mentioned any shielded baffles are ideal. My Libert Regulator monocore is much harder to take apart vs. my Mask. I do like how the rear cap stays put on the Liberty can. I just bought an El Camino from Q for the wrench front cap takedown and rear end that stays in place.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Ease of service is my main thing, period. I want to tumble clean the baffles in my small tumbler, so that's why no monocore.

I like that Spectre II so I think it'll probably be that one. I've done some more looking into it and I think it's the best for what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if painting the baffles with Perma Slik or some other moly coating when they are new would make cleaning easier. Couldn't hurt I suppose.
View Quote

Getting silicone oil embedded in the metal will make them easier to clean.

It is already proven.  No need to try moly unless you are bored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top