Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 2:24:14 PM EDT
Anyone play with spring weights in a P226 to squeeze another db or two?
This would be a range toy, not a gun for social situations so absolute reliability isn't a huge concern.

I would be using a SiCO barrel and Tirant 9 (hopefully a spooky quiet combo)
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Serious question:

How does adjusting the spring affect the noise of the gun?

Will a lighter spring reduce the cycling noise?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serious question:

How does adjusting the spring affect the noise of the gun?

Will a lighter spring reduce the cycling noise?
View Quote

I believe a heavier spring will keep the action closed longer, sending more gas into the can. EDIT: didn't read right... allows more gas to escape out can and not back into yo face!

I am interested in this as well. I have a P226 and USP9T that I want to shoot side-by-side and see what is better to shoot suppressed. The 9T comes with a different recoil spring, which I assume is heavier than a normal USP???
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
A suppressor increases the backpressure which causes more gas in your face and also more recoil into the pistol. The stock spring shouldn't cause issues unless you regularly shoot +P ammo, etc. but a heavier spring will reduce the stress on the pistol.

Relevant discussions:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_14/158973_SIG_P226__questions_regarding_threaded_barrels_and_suppressor_use.html

http://www.sigarms556.com/threads/p226-and-suppressor.13394/
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I think I'll start with a 22# spring with the Tirant and go from there
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone play with spring weights in a P226 to squeeze another db or two?
This would be a range toy, not a gun for social situations so absolute reliability isn't a huge concern.

I would be using a SiCO barrel and Tirant 9 (hopefully a spooky quiet combo)
View Quote

Seeing this post I remembered that I ordered some springs to try out, but hadn't done so yet. I dug them out and they're hammer springs. Turns out I was going to mess with trigger pull and promptly forgot about it.

This post also reminded me that I had been thinking about getting a Pink+P9 spring from Gray Guns to try and do what you're aiming for. Haven't gotten that far yet, and right now they're sold out.

Let us know what you figure out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top