Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/21/2017 10:36:06 PM EDT
The availability of flash hiders and muzzle brakes in 5.56 1/2x28 has been 0 for a while now.  Wtf Surefire.  Yet we see all these Surefire suppressors for sale.  It's almost worth buying a 4 prong off the EE for $300 in this depleted market.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
PM Coctailer. See if he can help. Always came through for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
They work well.

Still waiting on my can.

Tag for results
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:30:43 AM EDT
[#4]
You aren't looking hard enough.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one brand new in the package. Maybe I should throw it up on EE for $300 along with the brand new DD FDE MK18 RIS II I have.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I dunno about suppressor adapter brakes, but I got a sure fire muzzle brake from Larue as part of a larger order, only took a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Here

I posted this in the sister thread a week or so ago. I ordered three and they all showed up within 4 days.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know how to get a few of their shim sets?

I'm missing (my own fault) 2 of the special beveled washers that come with the muzzle devices, to be used as the first spacer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know how to get a few of their shim sets?

I'm missing (my own fault) 2 of the special beveled washers that come with the muzzle devices, to be used as the first spacer.
View Quote

Give surefire a call they will send you a new set.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#10]
DSG
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here

I posted this in the sister thread a week or so ago. I ordered three and they all showed up within 4 days.
View Quote

Strange... tried a few different credit cards and kept getting errors...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
DSG
View Quote

Nope, no flash hiders in stock there. Only 1 of the brakes in 1/2x28 is available.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]

On this note, I was reading about the Kiwis' (New Zealand) new rifle using the Warcomp and having a bayonet lug so they could use both suppressors and bayonets. Anyone know if the Warcomp is actually really bayonet compatible? Given its flash hiding performance, that would be a pretty sweet "does everything" muzzle device if so.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

On this note, I was reading about the Kiwis' (New Zealand) new rifle using the Warcomp and having a bayonet lug so they could use both suppressors and bayonets. Anyone know if the Warcomp is actually really bayonet compatible? Given its flash hiding performance, that would be a pretty sweet "does everything" muzzle device if so.
View Quote

The thing that sucks about the warcomp is that it only has ports on the top and right side ... so if you switch to shoot left hand the gun will want to push left away from you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The thing that sucks about the warcomp is that it only has ports on the top and right side ... so if you switch to shoot left hand the gun will want to push left away from you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but being tined like a Vortex and technically not having an "up side" I imagine if you timed it so it was mainly upward with an even distribution to each side of the remaining ports, perhaps you could get that to be vertical. Makes sense from my drunk headmath version of application of force.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Been looking pretty hard for a 762 Muzzle Brake for an SR25 for a while, now. NO dice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Been looking pretty hard for a 762 Muzzle Brake for an SR25 for a while, now. NO dice.
View Quote

3/4x24?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

3/4x24?
View Quote

Affirmative
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Planned obsolescence

or built-in obsolescence in industrial design and economics is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become obsolete (that is, unfashionable or no longer functional) after a certain period of time.

SF and many other silencer companies have been doing this for years with their qd mounts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

SilencerHQ.com had some variants in the other day, none for an AR15 though.  They did have some 7.62 though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

SilencerHQ.com had some variants in the other day, none for an AR15 though.  They did have some 7.62 though.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

True, but being tined like a Vortex and technically not having an "up side" I imagine if you timed it so it was mainly upward with an even distribution to each side of the remaining ports, perhaps you could get that to be vertical. Makes sense from my drunk headmath version of application of force.
View Quote
That is an SF endorsed option and one I utilize on my precision recce after finding it tended to walk to the left when rested.  The lowest ports on the right side are actually drilled level to the deck, so an equal horizontal thrust distribution would technically require a hair of clockwise bias, though I'm not sure one would notice a difference.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:37:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That is an SF endorsed option and one I utilize on my precision recce after finding it tended to walk to the left when rested.  The lowest ports on the right side are actually drilled level to the deck, so an equal horizontal thrust distribution would technically require a hair of clockwise bias, though I'm not sure one would notice a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a bayonet? Does it fit over a standard Warcomp the way it does over the New Zealanders' Warcomp?

Seriously, I'm a big bayonet fan and I've been looking for an answer to that without just buying two Warcomps for two months with no answer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's almost worth buying a 4 prong off the EE for $300 in this depleted market.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#25]
nice!
Last I checked those were a lot more than $300
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:02:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
nice!
Last I checked those were a lot more than $300
View Quote

People seriously pay extra for those?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

People seriously pay extra for those?
View Quote
haha, I've seen them go for $450
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Got an email from DSG last night. They have some in stock if you guys are looking.

Surefire Socom SFMB-556 1/2-28 Muzzle Brake

Surefire Socom SF3P-762 5/8-24 SR25 Flash Hider

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#29]
B&H photo has all of them in stock I think, and usually has the best prices
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm still hoping they release the SFCT.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

The closed tone flash hider is dead and has been superseded by the closed tine war comp.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got an email from DSG last night. They have some in stock if you guys are looking.

Surefire Socom SFMB-556 1/2-28 Muzzle Brake

Surefire Socom SF3P-762 5/8-24 SR25 Flash Hider

Good luck.
View Quote

Jesus, thank you, I appreciate it
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#33]
well my LGS did get in a pair of Surefire mounts for the Steyr Aug after I asked for them over a year or two ago.  If interested PM me, trying to help them out since i forgot and bought one when I saw one, the only one I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The closed tone flash hider is dead and has been superseded by the closed tine war comp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are they at though...  I saw that DSG has them listed as preorder, but I have yet to hear or see anything else on them.  I'd love to get my hands on a couple of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are they at though...  I saw that DSG has them listed as preorder, but I have yet to hear or see anything else on them.  I'd love to get my hands on a couple of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Supposedly late May.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Swapped my brake for the 3 prong fh on the sr25. Brake wasn't as accurate. Ymmv
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Swapped my brake for the 3 prong fh on the sr25. Brake wasn't as accurate. Ymmv
View Quote
Interesting. Heard the opposite from more than one industry rep but have not used the 3P on a 7.62.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Has the preorder ended?  If not, can someone share a link?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Has the preorder ended?  If not, can someone share a link?
View Quote
Wow.  I went to the site to get you the link and now the page has vanished.  I'm suspecting closed tine warcomps are a no-go for now.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really true. I called Surefire directly and ordered a SFCT-556 a few months ago. Just got it today. I think they just run them in small batches as a special order item.
You could probably also call and order any other flash hider they make, if you haven't found one yet, OP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not really true. I called Surefire directly and ordered a SFCT-556 a few months ago. Just got it today. I think they just run them in small batches as a special order item.
You could probably also call and order any other flash hider they make, if you haven't found one yet, OP.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219864/20170601-152155-221204.JPG
View Quote
That's pretty cool
Total price?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder why they don't just mass produce them?  Pretty sure more people would buy the closed tined muzzle devices over the open 3 prong shit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool
Total price?
View Quote
$142.17 with tax and shipping.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

$142.17 with tax and shipping.
View Quote
I paid $178, but that was half a year ago.

eta: Mine is a CT Warcomp.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:25:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone still looking for SF3Ps?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you give me an overall length on that? Looks shorter than an SF3P-556.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Can you give me an overall length on that? Looks shorter than an SF3P-556.
View Quote
I'm out of town at the moment, but I think it's pretty close to the same length.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm out of town at the moment, but I think it's pretty close to the same length.
View Quote
Roger that, thank you!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top