Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 6:45:47 AM EDT
Don't put anything with a finish on it in there

I put my thread adapter for my M&P 22c in there and it stripped it clean.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. I've soaked my White Sparrow and Black Sparrow cores in the dip with no discoloration of the endcaps or baffles. I haven't tried the lock nuts or outer tubes as I'm afraid they'll get stripped.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting. I've soaked my White Sparrow and Black Sparrow cores in the dip with no discoloration of the endcaps or baffles. I haven't tried the lock nuts or outer tubes as I'm afraid they'll get stripped.
View Quote

It depends on the type of metal and the type of finish. Aluminum is a no no. It will degrade it pretty rapidly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not 100% positive but I think I put both my sparrow and spectre tubes in the dip, Its been a long time though I probably need to dip them again
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I though the adapter was melonite but it turns out it was hot blued

So definitely no go on anything blued
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not 100% positive but I think I put both my sparrow and spectre tubes in the dip, Its been a long time though I probably need to dip them again
View Quote

That'd be great if I could dip the threaded cap of my spectre since it gets built up with lead fast. I decided to try the adapter first.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the adapter get leaded up a lot?

im still waiting on my 22 can (Griffin Checkmate) and haven't bought the thread adapter yet but haven't considered it getting fouled..
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does the adapter get leaded up a lot?

im still waiting on my 22 can (Griffin Checkmate) and haven't bought the thread adapter yet but haven't considered it getting fouled..
View Quote

Not really. This is the first time I ever cleaned it. I don't think it could get leaded up enough to cause a problem.

Really I just wanted to make sure it would be OK in the dip before I tried my end cap

The EWK adapter is great the way it takes a ¼" hex instead of a proprietary wrench
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top